Jump to content Jump to content

Stuck on advancing after joining new team co-op Season 2

• After Zandvoort in season 2 myself and my Co-op friend joined new teams, since then we can't pass the advance screen and is just stuck on advancing.
  • None
  • PC
  • Co-op Career
  • Yes
  • Resetting game, kicking 2nd player
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • I assume joining new teams at the same time in the first window of the contract renewal stage in the 2nd season. 
  • Report Codes: Mine:
    EDMG-DSRG-JRKV-CDJE

Friends:
    KDTE-TBKS-CDAB-XAVG

338f96da06fa67638c0b940c15e32918.jpg

We are having the same problem. Restarting the game several times doesnt help. Verifying game files doesnt help either. The problem appears every time we negotiate a new contract. So always in season 1 and regardless whether we join a new team or stay at our current one/s. Makes this mode unplayable for us 😞

Edited by Adve
1 hour ago, Adve said:

We are having the same problem. Restarting the game several times doesnt help. Verifying game files doesnt help either. The problem appears every time we negotiate a new contract. So always in season 1 and regardless whether we join a new team or stay at our current one/s. Makes this mode unplayable for us 😞

It's super frustrating! When we moved teams in season 1 it was fine, I think because we moved in the windows but on different days in game, so I moved the first day then 2 days later he moved. If that makes sense and may help but I beg they get a fix for this

Posted (edited)

UPDATE:

Tested with a different friend in the second seat. Puts them straight into the Red Bull and once again stuck on advancing. Uninstalled the game and installed on a new drive, still not passing the "Advancing - WAITING FOR PLAYER"

Edited by Krisdixon16
35 minutes ago, Krisdixon16 said:

UPDATE:

Tested with a different friend in the second seat. Puts them straight into the Red Bull and once again stuck on advancing. Uninstalled the game and installed on a new drive, still not passing the "Advancing - WAITING FOR PLAYER"

Same. Tried to change settings like difficulty, session length etc. Still stuck when advancing. Unplayable.

Posted (edited)

Mysseno
- i've reinstalled the game
- verified steam local files
- cleared steam cloud data cache
- tried a new co op career
- restarted PC
- deleted all my in game save data
- emailed codemasters support

This is also effecting some of my multiplayer social games where i get stuck on a loading screen online.

From Steam Discussion

Edited by Krisdixon16

bam

Same here! experiencing issues that won't allow me to load coop career after my partner had a crash mid race. Any advice from the community would be great, or hopefully this issue is fixed asap... Have also tried troubleshooting without any success.

From Steam Discussion

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@Krisdixon16 Can you try and advance career and log the report codes from you and your friend, found in the pause menu.

@BarryBL Hey mate, while advancing and trying to bring up the pause menu cancels the advancing! As the Host and with the second player advancing here is the report codes.

Mine:
EDMG-DSRG-JRKV-CDJE

Friends:
KDTE-TBKS-CDAB-XAVG

Please let me know how else I can help gather any info you need!

Edited by Krisdixon16
  • Like 1

This is happening in my playthrough with my friend as well. It is very frustrating. I really hope theres a fix, and that it doesnt involve starting again. We were both so excited to be racing with a new team.

• Administrator

This has now been reported and passed onto the developer team. Please continue to create reports and ensure usernames are added so we can find your save in our Online Services. If you do not want to publicise your username, please contact me in DM's with a link to this bug and your username.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

This has now been reported and passed onto the developer team. Please continue to create reports and ensure usernames are added so we can find your save in our Online Services. If you do not want to publicise your username, please contact me in DM's with a link to this bug and your username.

No problem, from my side

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Same problem with me on PS4.

My username: Ronin_the_beast_

Friend's username: Abdo-Madridiking

• Administrator

Still investigating this one. Another one to ask if possible:

•  What Season and Race are you in when the advancing stops.
  •  Where you performing a certain action (contracts etc)?
  •  Gameplay video of the previous few minutes here would be really useful too.

This information would really help the testing team to replicate your issue here.

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Still investigating this one. Another one to ask if possible:

•  What Season and Race are you in when the advancing stops.
  •  Where you performing a certain action (contracts etc)?
  •  Gameplay video of the previous few minutes here would be really useful too.

This information would really help the testing team to replicate your issue here.

For me and my friend, Season 2 Monza. We both signed new contracts on the same turn at the same time. 

Only actions we made was simultaneously signing new contracts 

No footage was recorded prior.

Additional info:
it seems that it isn't only effected on this window! There have been reports of the same thing happening in the first window! One thing to note is that we switched teams in the first window, however we did it on the 2 separate days for contract renewals. I got accepted and my friend got rejected meaning he had changed teams on the second day in the first window.

What looks off for me is that usually the drivers are replaced automatically once switched. As it stands both McLaren & Aston Martin only have one driver driving for them according to the standings which may be causing the issue only having 18 drivers assigned to teams.

Please let me know if you need any more info!

@BarryBL 

• Like 1