Jump to content Jump to content

Stuck on advancing after joining new team co-op Season 2

A detailed description of the issue.

During the 2 player career mode (contracts) after finishing the Dutch GP, your contract will expire and you start with a new contract negotiation. The first time we did this we both press the button 'start negotiote with same team'. the screen 'driver auction' appeared but after that we can't press a button and my game crashed. 

the seceond time we could only press the button 'negotiote with other teams' the screen 'driver auction' will apear but after that we can't press something (see short video clip) it seems some text is missing. the game didn't crash anymore in this part.

We can't play our season for now anymore.

Report Code:

can't press option button in driver auction menu, report code just before is: STCJ-MGKA-EXBX-CKSP

Platform?

PS4 (Pro)

Game-mode?

2 player career mode (contracts)

[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

[ONLINE] Were you the host?

Yes

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

'We tryed is multiple times. 

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223XQQ56rI4 (second video) 

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

/

• Agree 1

Thanks for replying @BarryBL

I'll try and get video at some point, but all I will be able to get is being in the menu trying, but failing to advance time. But I think it is in a similar spot for most of the people on this threat.

For me, it was a competitive 2 player career (I know someone people are in co-op).

It happened on the first season, but I have seen other people where it happened on the second. It seems to happen at the same time of the season though.

It happens after the Zandavoort race and prior to the Monza race. When contract negotations happen. My friend and I were racing for the same team, and we got both accepted into a new team on the same day. When we click advance time, it just stays on "advancing time".

Edited by CaptainMick
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Still investigating this one. Another one to ask if possible:

•  What Season and Race are you in when the advancing stops.
  •  Where you performing a certain action (contracts etc)?
  •  Gameplay video of the previous few minutes here would be really useful too.

This information would really help the testing team to replicate your issue here.

-We tried it two times(both in contracts mode). The first time we had a 16 race season and after Zandvoort we had our contract negotiations. We both stayed at the same team and neither of us got rejected (Williams). The second time it was a 10 race season and i wanted to switch teams after the last race (Abu Dhabi). All teams had two drivers so everything looked fine.

-First i had my contract negotiation and after that my partner had his. Then when we tried to advance and it didnt work. We had many attempts where we tried to switch car components or our helmets but nothing worked out sadly. 

-no footage recorded but maybe i cant attach something later on

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

This information would really help the testing team to replicate your issue here.

For me and my friend season 1 right before monza. Stuck on 6th of september.

16275015061533596593895985047224.jpg

Mysseno
I tried it last night (patch 1.05) and was able to proceed to the race, will do another test at some point in a co-op season. I've passed on a heap of details last week to codemasters support so they should have all they need anyway.

EDIT: was able to do qualifying but then it happened again afterwards, loading screen forever...

On 7/28/2021 at 4:12 PM, BarryBL said:

Not sure if this is too late but there is some information that I’ve noted about my situation (identical to previous others mentioned):

This glitch occurred at a similar point- season 2 and two days before Zandvoort. 

the contract renewal appeared and I was rejected by Williams due to my market value being lower than the recommend asking salary the game had gave me.  This naturally meant I had an opportunity to renegotiate the next day.

my teammate however had a lower market value but a more appropriate recommended salary to ask for (both clicked low risk for this) and was accepted on the same date on the calendar as I was rejected. 

Due to the settings we had on we botje follow each other once a contract is signed so as of that same date in the game we’re both Williams drivers.

but as the my calendar shows I have a contract renewal date as being the next day (31st of July instead of 30th when teammate originally signed us both on) the game won’t advance as there is a conflict between the contract renewal on the 31st and the fact that I am signed onto a team already. 

Hope this gives more of an insight into to how to recreate the glitch for the dev team 

happened to me. one of us renegotiated with another team, and in the top right we were both then with the new team. however the one that accepted the offer had his game just paused on the screen and couldnt do anything after accepting, while I was stuck on the "watch negotiations" screen. we were signed up but couldnt advance. after we both restarted the game when we enter back in we are both just given a "watch negotiations" option which when we both press the game crashes. we were on season 1 race 12 out of 20, italy.
happened to me. one of us renegotiated with another team, and in the top right we were both then with the new team. however the one that accepted the offer had his game just paused on the screen and couldnt do anything after accepting, while I was stuck on the "watch negotiations" screen. we were signed up but couldnt advance. after we both restarted the game when we enter back in we are both just given a "watch negotiations" option which when we both press the game crashes. we were on season 1 race 12 out of 20, italy.

and this happened after I initially was rejected by a team for salary demands

The error is in the co-operative mode at the time our contract with the team ends, which we decided to start in-game on Monday, September 6, we get an ad in which it gives us the option to choose a new team there is where all the problem begins, we choose a new team with which to start the next season but at the moment of advancing the time it stays on the same day and does not allow us to advance to the next grand prize or to do anything of that style we already start a new cooperative mode and the same thing always happens.

In the image it is observed as if my friend were missing to give it when advancing but he already gave it, both he and I already gave it, the image is in Spanish but that is the problem. 

f1 bug.jpeg

100% exactly what me and my mate have going on in our Two-Player-Career. Only difference is that he happened to be in Alpine. Everything else in this bug report is exactly the same.

Hope this will get tagged by a moderator soon.

We tried it everyday and suddenly we managed to get through. We don't know what we did different. But the only thing is that the dutch GP / Zandvoort isn't saved (so nobody got points). 

@BarryBLis this currently under investigation?

Edited by CasperNL
On 8/6/2021 at 4:14 PM, Jonesyboy05 said:

Hi I’m having the same issue and am just wondering whether you have found a fix for this yet 

I still did not see that someone had someone had the same problem and that I answer algulo I guess Important but I do not solve Nad only I take the report

Hello everyone,

my friend and I are having the same problem at the moment, and think it might have tomething to with the following:

Eversince midseason the Grand Prix previews in the headquarters would be shifted by one race. So if the next race were Spa, it would show Monza, but if you started the race, it would be take place at Spa. So now its showing the season break, but it should showing be another Grand Prix. That's why we think the game is unable to advance.

I hope this helps fix the problem.

15 hours ago, Criiizbr said:

Hello everyone,

my friend and I are having the same problem at the moment, and think it might have tomething to with the following:

Eversince midseason the Grand Prix previews in the headquarters would be shifted by one race. So if the next race were Spa, it would show Monza, but if you started the race, it would be take place at Spa. So now its showing the season break, but it should showing be another Grand Prix. That's why we think the game is unable to advance.

I hope this helps fix the problem.

Well, the truth is, I don't know why if he taught us each gp well, the one that said there was the one that ran, I think that each person has something different to me, for example, what happened to me in the race is that I and my friend did a DNF

On 7/23/2021 at 3:01 PM, BarryBL said:

This has now been reported and passed onto the developer team. Please continue to create reports and ensure usernames are added so we can find your save in our Online Services. If you do not want to publicise your username, please contact me in DM's with a link to this bug and your username.

The same problem occurrd by me

Names: MichaelG_17 & Bonardi04

We‘re at the end of season 2 stuck on the 13th of december.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:01 PM, BarryBL said:

This has now been reported and passed onto the developer team. Please continue to create reports and ensure usernames are added so we can find your save in our Online Services. If you do not want to publicise your username, please contact me in DM's with a link to this bug and your username.

The same problem occured by me

our psn names: MichaelG_17 & Bonardi04

we are at the end of season 2 stuck on the 13th of december.

• Yooo my friend and me got bugged in a never ending coop career season without even races to drive ...
  • RC=XJMK-HBBA-EROX-HTHE and my frirends code is =RGPR-AAVJ-TVJJ-CSBE
  • PC
  • CO-OP CAREER
  • 2 Players = me and my friend
  • I was the host
  • lobby screenshot
  • Ww tried to go back to lobby and start again but it got us still to the bugged season without races...
  • my friend got disconnected while in qualifain for canada than we had to do the quali again and after that it shows us always 1 race ahead but we were still 1 race behind than we just continued  till end of the season ... last race was melbourne and it dosnt even let us drive it ... it just skipped the race and we could only jump to " season end " after that it started with a new season without any races ......

Pls some help 🙂

20210815160015_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

I have the same issue myself.

Early through the season due to an issue with connectivity, it skipped a race during the practise session to Monaco. Then after Quali it skipped another race forward. So what happened there after was it said it was going to load the grand prix but loaded the correct one. 

Post Brazil it's end of season and now has 0 races and just research and development. There are mid season breaks and end of season but no races.
No driver renwel for contracts and stuck on season 2.

This is the second career ending bug I have come across any updates with this one as race skips have plagued the game since launch

Thanks,

Kris

E83LzO8X0AMH65v.jpeg

Edited by Krisdixon16