Jump to content Jump to content

Braking Point. Did anyone really enjoyed it?

EA has already failed with a similar game mode in Fifa and Madden. Why do that in F1? Fans don’t enjoy this kind of robotic game mode where you have limited options and influence on what will happen.

I feel very sorry that Codemasters obviously put all their efforts in this mode and released an unfinished game, with lots of bugs and things missing in other modes. 

F1 2020 was a blast, but I am very disappointed with F1 2021.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

For clarity, EA had NOTHING to do with the decision to include a story mode element. 

(I've not tried Braking Point but I'll be honest the concept really doesn't appeal to me. I'm probably not the target audience though.)

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

EA has already failed with a similar game mode in Fifa and Madden. Why do that in F1? Fans don’t enjoy this kind of robotic game mode where you have limited options and influence on what will happen.

I feel very sorry that Codemasters obviously put all their efforts in this mode and released an unfinished game, with lots of bugs and things missing in other modes. 

Did i enjoy it? Yes. But i wouldnt play it again? No.

for me there has to be some kind of choice/ decision that could change the outcome of the mode. Without that there is no replayability.

Edited by Jobling1983
  • Agree 1
9 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

F1 2021 is technically the same.

10 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

EA has already failed with a similar game mode in Fifa

EA has not failed with the Journey.

10 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

Fans don’t enjoy this kind of robotic game mode where you have limited options and influence on what will happen.

Please do not speak for all fans, there are always those who like it.

• Agree 1
7 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

I think you will find that the general consensus is that Banking Point ...... I mean Braking Point is considered by the 'Racers' to be absolutely fun tastic and they can't wait for more episodes in the future ....... they also like "Emerdale' , 'Coronation Street' and 'Loose Women' If you do not like 21 that much, I would suggest F1 2017 that is a nice drive but was edited by the 'Child Catcher' from 'Chitty Chitty  Bang Bang' and so its  superior title by a long way.

• Haha 1

it was meh...

I really bought it because of the next gen functions (which aren't so great after all except from loading times) Ray Tracing on PS5 is turned off, apparently we need to shut down the 3D audio function because of weird sounds, but hey after all what can you expect when they keep using an outdated engine which is known for example screen tearing for years, outdated grapics on people's faces (they still look the same on next gen) So i already had toned my expectations down to -100 because well, it stays Codemasters who care more about money then listening to their community. So my next gen verdict is: Polish a turd, it's still a turd 😉

Here on the forums were so many people who walked away from the series because of all the bugs, the worthless lobby designs, claims about this beeing a SIM (which it is not when you look at how much they do for SIM people like RANKED non-assists lobbies), and I can keep going on and on.

I will bet that if they stop designing useless story stuff which people only do once, and start investing in things that REALLY matter like listening to the community, squashing all the bugs, glitches, and most importantly CREATE A BRANDNEW DECENT ENGINE, because if this engine has to go Next Gen, it's gonna be a disaster. Just look at GT7 and how that looks, what the possibilities are with Next Gen, then in comparison F1 titles look like a cartoon. CM is already on the backfoot, and will only fall further behind if they keep this up. 

But when they create something with functions that REALLY matter for the community, without all the weird bugs and ****, the sales would go through the roof! And what function is beeing used most of the time during a year? 

MULTIPLAYER!!! And especially THAT is the one thing they lack skill, vision, creativity, knowledge and everything else to make this what IT CAN BE with the right people. 

Who cares about some story mode? Most people go online! That's what's been used ALL YEAR LONG, not some story mode which no one touches after 1 time. I'd rather see they spend their resources in what really matters, RACING! and in the most used part of the game which should matter most seeing the activity during a lifespan, ONLINE. If they nail that, i will bet that sales are improving exponentially.

I'm buying this to RACE! if I want a story, I'll buy an RPG or whatever. They're losing focus on what matters the most. RACING! But at CM is quantity over Quality sad enough

Edited by AlexTT
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

No, it has no resemblence to the story of an F1 rookie at all. You can clearly tell it’s been designed for kids under 12. Especially if you listen careful to the voice of Aiden and the dialogue. It’s like a 16 year old has recorded the voice acting for him. Akkerman looks liks he’s 47 or so and still driving in F1? Butler is so unlikeable, he looks like and acts like the school bully on a saturday morning kids cartoon.

It has actually no value at all to the rest of the game. It’s suppose to be the offical licensed F1 game, the focus should be on that, not on a cheesy storyline designed for 12 year olds.

Edited by DutchRacer87
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

The gameplay is mostly the same.

Don’t agree. In comparison without all assists, braking became much more challenging but you’re able to brake later. Curbs are relentless if you take them too much with inside wheel. Tyre model is better and feels more realistic when they degrade or overheat. 

and there is other things i noticed which makes the handling model quite different and more challenging.

i haven’t tried online yet, since i first want to get a hold on the handling model because it really surprised me. Feels like learning to drive all over again. How many times the rear wants to break out when braking hard (if you use the old ways) 

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Don’t agree. In comparison without all assists, braking became much more challenging but you’re able to brake later. Curbs are relentless if you take them too much with inside wheel. Tyre model is better and feels more realistic when they degrade or overheat. 

and there is other things i noticed which makes the handling model quite different and more challenging.

i haven’t tried online yet, since i first want to get a hold on the handling model because it really surprised me. Feels like learning to drive all over again. How many times the rear wants to break out when braking hard (if you use the old ways) 

That may be true for you, but I hardly notice any difference.

Good while it lasted, good cutscenes, a bit popcorn movie to watch/"play" with family hahaha.

The tv and emails made me wish that was on career modes.

Not gonna lie, hate devon butler and anything related with it. The afterstate the mode leaves for not having classics (while i dont think its true, it gives food for thought) or the ability to race seasons going through 2020 too is not that great.

Wouldnt buy for it, wouldnt miss it, but enjoyed when I played. The game really could allow to play a career in that scenario with those drivers, could be cool for a change.

The journey from fifa was a success btw, had 3 chapters and made volta football what it is.

Is there rendemption from braking point going forward? Absolutely, dunno if they will go for it though giving the reception