Jump to content Jump to content

Ranked online patch is needed ASAP - Players are staying away

Ranked has always been chaos, I get that. If you enjoy it, you embrace it to some degree. 

However, no ghosting for spinning or out of control cars, Ai controlled cars due to players disconnecting, or backmarkers is causing far too many wrecks even off the starting line to render ranked online basically unplayable at present. 

Especially with the damage model currently in place meaning the slightest contact can put you in the pits for a new wing, ruining a 5 lap race, and harming chances in 25%. Encouraging more brake checking behavkour than we had in 2020. 

Each funny in a single instance, it's clearly now causing a problem for the mode. 

After trying to join a lobby this evening I have seen there is maybe 1 25% race currently active and a couple of choices for a 5 lap race on PSN (one of which being Baku, which is a bad joke really in the current state). 

I went on 2020 and found a full 20 car lobby for 25% ranked race immediately. That's not common even at the peak of 2020 player count. 

That tells me very clearly that players are not going to ranked online on 2021 and are waiting for the standout issues above to be patched. 

Given this is the bread and butter of the multiplayer modes, this needs to be done ASAP. 

Edited by KNT2011
13 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Ranked has always been chaos, I get that. If you enjoy it, you embrace it to some degree. 

However, no ghosting for spinning or out of control cars, Ai controlled cars due to players disconnecting, or backmarkers is causing far too many wrecks even off the starting line to render ranked online basically unplayable at present. 

Especially with the damage model currently in place meaning the slightest contact can put you in the pits for a new wing, ruining a 5 lap race, and harming chances in 25%. Encouraging more brake checking behavkour than we had in 2020. 

Each funny in a single instance, it's clearly now causing a problem for the mode. 

After trying to join a lobby this evening I have seen there is maybe 1 25% race currently active and a couple of choices for a 5 lap race on PSN (one of which being Baku, which is a bad joke really in the current state). 

I went on 2020 and found a full 20 car lobby for 25% ranked race immediately. That's not common even at the peak of 2020 player count. 

That tells me very clearly that players are not going to ranked online on 2021 and are waiting for the standout issues above to be patched. 

Given this is the bread and butter of the multiplayer modes, this needs to be done ASAP. 

As long there is no intentional ramming by backmarkers  - it‘s fine - but Unfortunately they do this - yesterday in Kanada on purpose last straight and then he went into the pit - while I could finish the Race with a minor issue at my front wing ….

However he got a 5 sec penalty- …..

2 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

As long there is no intentional ramming by backmarkers  - it‘s fine - but Unfortunately they do this - yesterday in Kanada on purpose last straight and then he went into the pit - while I could finish the Race with a minor issue at my front wing ….

However he got a 5 sec penalty- …..

Of course there's going to be intentional griefing because they've realised they're not ghosted and are taking advantage. I just gave up finding a decent lobby last night, on Playstation, 4 days after official release, couldn't find a decent enough lobby to race in. 

Says it all. 

Alex Gillon covers it here though he's mostly talking about lobby joining rather than the lack of ghosting etc. as he's just too fast to really notice all that lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

we need a patch so we can play faster. the waiting times for disconnected players are just awful!

The ranked playmode needs an overhaul. 

1. We need complete ghosting at start for lower ranked games. Ghosting must be more frequently in ranked in generell.

2. We need much less loading/waiting time for other players that are disconnected or whatever.

If these two things gets fixed/added i am satisfied for the time.

• Agree 1

6 attempts to join ranked sessions loads me into empty ones. Finally loads into a busy session, I go to join, too late. 

It's such a niggly little frustration that builds up over however long you try to play for. 

I say busy it has 7 players. 

CM must see the numbers are shocking atm. Where is the patch. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Struggling to get a game on 2021, 7pm on a wednesday night.. Either put into a empty lobby (guaranteed on 25%) or with 2/3 players already in the middle of a 5 lap race. 

Booted up 2020. 

Immediately found solid 10+ lobbies for both 25% and 5 laps

Fixes need to come now, not two weeks time, after the playerbase is sick to death of trying to play through the bugs and issues. 1.05 fixed one issue by making the same issue again but quicker to get back into the game, that's all you've managed in two weeks

My good will is quickly running out. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Disagree 1