Jump to content Jump to content

Hello all, ( sorry in advance for my bad english ) 

I would like to have your opinion on the performances of the AI which I find "cheating" on certain circuits.

I am currently in a career with Red Bull (100% in race length) and I have enormous difficulty following the AI, especially in qualifying.

On F1 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 I was between 105 and 108% in difficulty IA, with a good career. Here I am having such a hard time that I had to go back to 100% and I still have a lot of difficulty.

I just qualified in Austria, and the AI literally knocked me down. (P12 ...) I started it over several times, impossible even to follow the stables in the middle ... with a Redbull. I did a time of 1: 03.100 the best time was 1: 01.700 or 800 I think.

I don't know if it's me but a time of 1:01 in qualifying in Austria and in AI 100% seems huge to me. I watch the driving of the AI and notice that they have tremendous grip and acceleration when cornering.

I'd like to know if other people have noticed this huge boost in AI performance, or if the problem is really with me (have I gotten bad? :c )

9 minutes ago, Dunky1980 said:

Just accept the game is harder and you have to lower the difficulty.

what is there to accept? the AI fluctuates on every circuit, it's just not balanced.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
32 minutes ago, Dunky1980 said:

Just accept the game is harder and you have to lower the difficulty.

There is no question of accepting or not. There is a big problem with AI. I read on another post in the meantime that there is a problem with the AI on Austria and Silverstone on their surreal performance.

1: 01.600 in Austria is a time of an E-sport driver, and again ... and the AI is not supposed to be that high at 100%, at 110% we go to the 59 second limit on Austria, which is almost impossible.

• Agree 1
56 minutes ago, AlexisMalcolm said:

There is no question of accepting or not. There is a big problem with AI. I read on another post in the meantime that there is a problem with the AI on Austria and Silverstone on their surreal performance.

1: 01.600 in Austria is a time of an E-sport driver, and again ... and the AI is not supposed to be that high at 100%, at 110% we go to the 59 second limit on Austria, which is almost impossible

for sure you are right i also have this problem it just doesnt make sense i had the difficulty on 78% on f1 2020 and i have to lower it by 20(!) to make a chance on zandvoort in f1 2021 its just ridicilous

1 minute ago, neiluk03 said:

If you are so sure its an issue why not post a bug report so the devs can look into it?

i already did it but the devs just ignore it and dont wanna hear it isnt normal the pole position time on austria this year in real life was a 1:03 while on the game the ai sets a 1:01 thats very unrealistic if you ask me and its on 100 ai not even the max

3 hours ago, Kevin1723 said:

watch jarnos other videos with my team hes struggling very much on that career mode and that car is even better on paper than the haas

Good because he's not in a winning car. 110% doesn't mean you have to be able to beat it. 

If you're on about inconsistency between circuit fair enough. I personally like 110% to be almost unbeatable.

EDIT: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HADN'T FULLY WAKEN UP YET AND CAN'T COMPREHEND THE POSTS YET, LAUGH AT ME MISSING THE POINT HERE. I MOSREAD THE LAP TIMES AS 1:06.000 NOT AS 1:01.000.

Hate to be that guy and I posted sub 1:06 lap times at Austria with Lewis Hamilton. Done with a controller and only assist was automatic gears.

First pic is time trial:514731f0-61e6-46b8-b5de-eee8a95d7ab4.thumb.png.fddea58f39fe793031c191c4ab6564cd.pngNext two is the qualifying results in Grand Prix with no setup change:f2c48de4-9ade-4214-b581-0bbbbf95c39b.thumb.png.c7b9e2487caa14e6d816f4f4d4c48206.png89624b09-5100-45a7-8f53-81bfb18d9649.thumb.png.09143f25ff0ebd3071fb542f9946987d.png

Edited by azombie1223
I needed more coffee in the morning

Copse is a nightmare 2021, flatout is next to impossible and if you try it and turn in like before the rear catches up. Same with all the above.

I know there’s supposed to be 10% less downforce thnx to the new rules, but it has to be taken in account that teams have already gained back 6% or more.

look at the red bull at austria, or even in silverstone, IT WAS ON RAILS and well, we are far from it. The rear is way to unstable and inpredictable. 

and looking at austria, verstappen did a 1:03.720 as pole (which could have been a bit faster) but then the 1:01.600 that the AI is doing is just BONKERS! That’s 2 seconds faster, not even on 110% 

unrealistic in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Copse is a nightmare 2021, flatout is next to impossible and if you try it and turn in like before the rear catches up. Same with all the above.

I know there’s supposed to be 10% less downforce thnx to the new rules, but it has to be taken in account that teams have already gained back 6% or more.

look at the red bull at austria, or even in silverstone, IT WAS ON RAILS and well, we are far from it. The rear is way to unstable and inpredictable. 

and looking at austria, verstappen did a 1:03.720 as pole (which could have been a bit faster) but then the 1:01.600 that the AI is doing is just BONKERS! That’s 2 seconds faster, not even on 110% 

unrealistic in my opinion. 

oh man you are so right this is really a big problem it is indeed very unrealistic i have this same issue but luckily have already contacted the developers about this and they are looking into it

7 hours ago, AlexisMalcolm said:

1: 01.600 in Austria is a time of an E-sport driver, and again ... and the AI is not supposed to be that high at 100%, at 110% we go to the 59 second limit on Austria, which is almost impossible.

It's not cheating. The AI is not balanced over a season. It's been every year like this and that is indeed a problem

8 minutes ago, azombie1223 said:

Somewhere in Europe, both Hamilton and Verstappen nods in agreement in this statement

Well, make that only Verstappen, since he’s the one getting eliminated and lost a massive lead.😉

btw not the first time LH does something like that. It almost starts to look like a Trademark move to go in the blind spot and nudging the other. Think about Albon two times, same with Rosberg in 2016(which disn’t end well) 

But I’m not objective enough haha, but for a 7 time World Champion who knows that track as the back of his hand, where his car was positioned nowhere near the apex, he had to know he would understeer (especially if you watch onboards from cars behind how much dirt there was coming from under his car), and had to back off. He took the risk and paid off, but he put someone else in the hospital with 51G’s. 

I wonder what would’ve happened if Verstappen broke a leg or something else…. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Well, make that only Verstappen, since he’s the one getting eliminated and lost a massive lead.😉

btw not the first time LH does something like that. It almost starts to look like a Trademark move to go in the blind spot and nudging the other. Think about Albon two times, same with Rosberg in 2016(which disn’t end well) 

But I’m not objective enough haha, but for a 7 time World Champion who knows that track as the back of his hand, where his car was positioned nowhere near the apex, he had to know he would understeer (especially if you watch onboards from cars behind how much dirt there was coming from under his car), and had to back off. He took the risk and paid off, but he put someone else in the hospital with 51G’s. 

It's simple ... Hamilton would have continued to celebrate his victory and his fans would have laughed, I met a lot of his fans who laughed because Verstappen was in the hospital, but hey after that that's not the point, and it is a hot topic of controversy that has greatly divided F1 fans.

In any case tonight or tomorrow I'm going to race at Silverstone, I would see how the AI behaves ...

5 minutes ago, AlexisMalcolm said:

It's simple ... Hamilton would have continued to celebrate his victory and his fans would have laughed, I met a lot of his fans who laughed because Verstappen was in the hospital, but hey after that that's not the point, and it is a hot topic of controversy that has greatly divided F1 fans.

In any case tonight or tomorrow I'm going to race at Silverstone, I would see how the AI behaves ...

He’s gonna have a hard time in Spa and Zandvoort😜

16 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Yeah, I'm a fan of both drivers and I feel like Hamilton knew that he wasn't going to have the momentum into Copse. I'm guessing he panicked at the last minute rather than deliberately hit Max. It was a racing incident through and through but Hamilton could have gave a better post-race interview than he did. Doesn't deserve the toxicity from the fans.