Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox - Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - How to Update Drivers and Firmware

• Administrator
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports on the forums about the Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issues. We are in discussions with Thrustmaster, and they have asked us to post the below procedures on how to update the drivers and firmware for your wheel. From Thrustmaster feedback and extensive testing, we have found that updating drivers and firmware in the correct procedure fixes the currently reported issues.

If you have already updated your firmware and drivers but with a different process to the one below, please try again and follow the steps in full. Please let us know your feedback on this, as we are working with Thrustmaster on a solution that works for all.

Updating is critical and will help in fixing your issues. Please follow the exact instructions from your wheel below:

TM Wheels_Firmware & Driver Update Process.pdf

Please use this forum area to discuss FFB issues on THRUSTMASTER WHEELS ONLY and only on the XBOX PLATFORMS ONLY (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH PLATFORM ON RESPONSES). Thanks

TM Wheels_Firmware & Driver Update Process.pdf

Edited by steviejay69
pdf format the linked file
  • BarryBL changed the title to Xbox - Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - How to Update Drivers and Firmware

I had and still have version 15 on my Thrustmaster TMX. Still the same problems. Maybe it's related to Xbox as well? 

The inconsistent cut outs happen in all game modes at any time but happens much more frequently when I'm in a Xbox Party with friends.

Sound cut outs are the same.

• Agree 2
On 7/21/2021 at 11:24 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports on the forums about the Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issues. We are in discussions with Thrustmaster, and they have asked us to post the below procedures on how to update the drivers and firmware for your wheel. From Thrustmaster feedback and extensive testing, we have found that updating drivers and firmware in the correct procedure fixes the currently reported issues.

If you have already updated your firmware and drivers but with a different process to the one below, please try again and follow the steps in full. Please let us know your feedback on this, as we are working with Thrustmaster on a solution that works for all.

Updating is critical and will help in fixing your issues. Please follow the exact instructions from your wheel below:

TM Wheels_Firmware & Driver Update Process.pdf 378.93 kB · 9 downloads

Please use this forum area to discuss FFB issues on THRUSTMASTER WHEELS ONLY and only on the XBOX PLATFORMS ONLY (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH PLATFORM ON RESPONSES). Thanks

TM Wheels_Firmware & Driver Update Process.docx 853.66 kB · 4 downloads.url 113 B · 48 downloads

I have updated all my drivers/firmware and still no FFB, it’s only on this game too, works fine on everything else (I’m on xbox) 

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are struggling to replicate this at the moment. Are you running the wheel as well as having a controller present too?

16 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are struggling to replicate this at the moment. Are you running the wheel as well as having a controller present too?

No active controller only wheel. When resuming game with quick resume, ffb is always off. 

If turning on xbox before power on wheel also.

Meanwhile I got fading ffb within the first minutes of playing myteam save. 

• A detailed description of the issue.

FFB is much stronger then F1 2020 - I have ffb strenght in f1 20 set to 60 and it's perfect for me. My ffb strenght, in f1 21 is set to 31 and feels heavier then last year game. All other settings are the same.

FFB is inconsistent between sessions - Every practice, quali and race session during the same race weekend have a different wheel feel and heaviness of it without touching wheel settings.

FFB fading away during race - I race 100% races and it is very noticeable when it happens. It starts to get weaker roughly around 30% distance and gets weaker over time but never fully disappears. Sometimes it gets heavier, then at the race start, after using flashback and it stays like that for a lap or two.                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

• Report Code                                                                                                                                                                                                                BPKD-VGGK-TGGJ-GTEG
  • Platform?                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Xbox Series X, Thrustmaster TS-XW, TM Open wheel add-on, T-LCM pedals (everything is fully updated to the latest firmware)
  • Game-mode?                                                                                                                                                                                                                      MyTeam, Time Trial 
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.  N/A 
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.                                                                                                                                      Unplug and plug wheel base from mains and console. Performed hard reset of console. Reinstalled game.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.   No
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.                                    Just start a game and play MyTeam race weekend or Time Trial. It happens every time.

Edited by Aeghnor
On 7/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, PiterT2 said:

I can't open the file. Could you post it in pdf please?

On 7/22/2021 at 1:20 PM, DarthSonic said:

Can not download the second file. Anyway I updated firmware according to Thrustmaster instructions. My TMX is now on firmware 15 and still FFB is gone regularly during game.

Done.

I am also having this issue with a thrustmaster wheel

during a multiplayer race tonight the wheel went crazy it was as if the cars around it were causing interference this did not happen when I was in time trial alone please fix this as it makes the game unplayable on a wheel in its current state 

Why does the wheel still not lock at specified degree of rotation? Updated everything and I’m current but wheel stiffens at the degree set but can still over rotate. In F1 2020, it locked and you weren’t able to move past the degree you set it to. That’s a coding issue, not a wheel issue 

On 7/23/2021 at 11:17 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

it is happening every 30 minutes or more. can not believe you could not replicate the issue. 

xbox series x + thrustmaster tmx is all you need. 

my system is German, 4k hdr, dolby atmos. 

• Administrator

To provide a update here:

We have a few issues in test that are our top priority that we are looking to get to you as soon as possible, that we believe will help the issues.

Hi Barry. I tried this and no luck. My force feedback will continuously cut out every so often and when this happens the game doesn’t pick up me turning the wheel. Makes the game completely undrivable. This only happens online. I can send you a clip if you need. Thrustmaster TX wheel. Any idea how to fix this?

Since I updated the firmware my mfd won’t stay open and I can’t change to see engine/tyre wear. Epic! 
Oh and the force feedback still cuts out…the sounds fixed though

I’ll look out in a few weeks hopefully this game I spent around £70 for will function properly. Last time I preorder any game. industry is a joke

• Agree 2

Hello,

I’ve been trying to solve my wheel issues for weeks but unfortunately I haven’t found a solution yet. I am on the Xbox One. 

I have installed the latest drivers for my Thrustmaster TMX and I am still having multiple issues e.g FFB loss, wheel overheating (haven’t had this on previous titles).

The latest issue is that my wheel now decides to steer itself on straights making it impossible for me to drive both cleanly and properly. 

These issues are happening in all game modes.

As someone who races regularly in multiple competitive environments this issue is ruining my racing and means I am unable to compete.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows how to solve this issue then it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

My wheel and game are both up to date and the FFB is still cutting out.

Will this be in a patch before the big one at the end of podium pass or is it really going to be a 36 day wait for a fix?

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this issues or, are we out of luck, because of Your inability to code the game properly?

F1 2020 had no problems with FFB on Thrustmaster wheels. The way the F1 2021 behaves means that the game is unplayable for people with TM wheels.

Was the game even tested properly? It shouldn't have this issues for an officially supported wheels.

For now, it looks like 75€ went down the drain.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Aeghnor said:

Any updates on this issues or, are we out of luck, because of Your inability to code the game properly?

F1 2020 had no problems with FFB on Thrustmaster wheels. The way the F1 2021 behaves means that the game is unplayable for people with TM wheels.

Was the game even tested properly? It shouldn't have this issues for an officially supported wheels.

For now, it looks like 75€ went down the drain.

Haven't had an issue since 1.06 (TS-PC)

• Disagree 1
17 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Haven't had an issue since 1.06 (TS-PC)

TS-PC doesn't work on Xbox does it?

I had hoped that moderator would know where he is posting... Clearly i was wrong.

• Disagree 1
5 hours ago, Aeghnor said:

TS-PC doesn't work on Xbox does it?

I had hoped that moderator would know where he is posting... Clearly i was wrong.

You say Thrustmaster I say XBox. I haven’t seen many posts to say it isn’t fixed in 1.06, but I didn’t have many issues prior to that either.

Could not replicate the issue reliably.

Clearly you don’t view my experience as valid, but there it is.

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

You say Thrustmaster I say XBox. I haven’t seen many posts to say it isn’t fixed in 1.06, but I didn’t have many issues prior to that either.

Could not replicate the issue reliably.

Clearly you don’t view my experience as valid, but there it is.

Not really sure what you on about tbh. We are in Xbox thread and you mentioned TS-PC which is not Xbox compatible. Did you try to replicate issues on Xbox(One and Series) with Xbox compatible wheel(TM)? You want to tell me that there is no issue with FFB on TM wheels on XBOX anymore? No more FFB fading away or disappear completely? No variation in strenght between sessions? 

You say that you haven't seen many posts to say it isn't fixed but there are some so it clearly is an issue still. I haven't seen posts saying that it is fixed on Xbox. There is no mention, in patch notes, that it was addressed on Xbox.

8 minutes ago, Aeghnor said:

Not really sure what you on about tbh. We are in Xbox thread and you mentioned TS-PC which is not Xbox compatible. Did you try to replicate issues on Xbox(One and Series) with Xbox compatible wheel(TM)? You want to tell me that there is no issue with FFB on TM wheels on XBOX anymore? No more FFB fading away or disappear completely? No variation in strenght between sessions? 

You say that you haven't seen many posts to say it isn't fixed but there are some so it clearly is an issue still. I haven't seen posts saying that it is fixed on Xbox. There is no mention, in patch notes, that it was addressed on Xbox.

No I'm not saying that. If you have updated your firmware and you are reporting issues then fine, post a bug report. But your initial post wasn't constructed that way.

What I am saying is that I've had no repeat issues since patch 1.06 when I was affected on previous builds and beta. I also said I haven't seen many new reports of issues since that patch and that combined with my experience on PC would indicate that whatever the issue is may be closer to resolution. But, you haven't indicated that you have updated your firmware or tried 1.06 because there is no information in your post.

• Thanks 1
On 7/23/2021 at 12:23 PM, Aeghnor said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.

FFB is much stronger then F1 2020 - I have ffb strenght in f1 20 set to 60 and it's perfect for me. My ffb strenght, in f1 21 is set to 31 and feels heavier then last year game. All other settings are the same.

FFB is inconsistent between sessions - Every practice, quali and race session during the same race weekend have a different wheel feel and heaviness of it without touching wheel settings.

FFB fading away during race - I race 100% races and it is very noticeable when it happens. It starts to get weaker roughly around 30% distance and gets weaker over time but never fully disappears. Sometimes it gets heavier, then at the race start, after using flashback and it stays like that for a lap or two.                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

• Report Code                                                                                                                                                                                                                BPKD-VGGK-TGGJ-GTEG
  • Platform?                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Xbox Series X, Thrustmaster TS-XW, TM Open wheel add-on, T-LCM pedals (everything is fully updated to the latest firmware)
  • Game-mode?                                                                                                                                                                                                                      MyTeam, Time Trial 
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.  N/A 
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.                                                                                                                                      Unplug and plug wheel base from mains and console. Performed hard reset of console. Reinstalled game.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.   No
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.                                    Just start a game and play MyTeam race weekend or Time Trial. It happens every time.

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

No I'm not saying that. If you have updated your firmware and you are reporting issues then fine, post a bug report. But your initial post wasn't constructed that way.

What I am saying is that I've had no repeat issues since patch 1.06 when I was affected on previous builds and beta. I also said I haven't seen many new reports of issues since that patch and that combined with my experience on PC would indicate that whatever the issue is may be closer to resolution. But, you haven't indicated that you have updated your firmware or tried 1.06 because there is no information in your post.

You say that i didn't post bug report and i didn't indicate that i updated my firmware? I asked for an update after 1.06 was released, so one could assume it was checked on that version even tho that test can brake my console(XsX shutting down during gameplay. That is for a different topic tho.)

What PC has to do with Xbox problems? Two different versions of the game(three if you seperate Xbox One and Series). Your experience with PC version is in no way relevant to others with Xbox version.

@BarryBL @Hoo Can i have someone competent answer my question, please? 

• Disagree 1