Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox - Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - How to Update Drivers and Firmware

1 minute ago, Aeghnor said:

You say that i didn't post bug report and i didn't indicate that i updated my firmware? I asked for an update after 1.06 was released, so one could assume it was checked on that version even tho that test can brake my console(XsX shutting down during gameplay. That is for a different topic tho.)

What PC has to do with Xbox problems? Two different versions of the game(three if you seperate Xbox One and Series). Your experience with PC version is in no way relevant to others with Xbox version.

@BarryBL @Hoo Can i have someone competent answer my question, please? 

I think you need to mind your manners, I get you're frustrated that your wheel doesn't work properly but try to adhere to the forum rules and not make things personal.

• Administrator

@Aeghnor In regards to this topic, Stevie is asking if you have updated your firmware like in the example on the original post. This would be regardless of platform, as the wheel will need an update if you are on Series S or Series X (How to do so is in the original post).

I have a TMX myself and had to update the firmware. Can you please confirm:

• Your current platform
  • Your wheel and base.
  • You have updated these to its latest firmware (A screenshot of the TM control panel with firmware number will help here)
2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@Aeghnor In regards to this topic, Stevie is asking if you have updated your firmware like in the example on the original post. This would be regardless of platform, as the wheel will need an update if you are on Series S or Series X (How to do so is in the original post).

I have a TMX myself and had to update the firmware. Can you please confirm:

• Your current platform
  • Your wheel and base.
  • You have updated these to its latest firmware (A screenshot of the TM control panel with firmware number will help here)

I posted all that information in my post from 23rd of July(bar the screenshot) in this thread and i quoted my post in my recent reply to @steviejay69. Firmware was done on the same day.

11 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I think you need to mind your manners, I get you're frustrated that your wheel doesn't work properly but try to adhere to the forum rules and not make things personal.

I need to mind my manners? You didn' t even bother to read the thread properly before You started talking about Your PC experience. If You want respect, You need to earn it. I still don't see where i went personal.

• Disagree 1
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Aeghnor said:

I posted all that information in my post from 23rd of July(bar the screenshot) in this thread and i quoted my post in my recent reply to @steviejay69. Firmware was done on the same day.

Thanks. Can you post a screenshot confirming the update please when possible. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Aeghnor said:

I hope this will complete my bug report.

TSXW.jpg

Thanks @Aeghnor.

Unfortunately, your firmware here is on 6.00, and the latest version is 8.00. Please see below from screenshot taken from the PDF's in original posts.

image.pngimage.png

• Haha 1

I am on Xbox with newest patch and firmware and issue still exists, as mentioned in many threads before. Calm down guys. If issue is fixed for some or on PC... fine... lucky you. For me it is not fixes as for a bunch of other players. 

30 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @Aeghnor.

Unfortunately, your firmware here is on 6.00, and the latest version is 8.00. Please see below from screenshot taken from the PDF's in original posts.

image.pngimage.png

Just did an update and ran quick 10 laps at Bahrain in TT. By lap 8 started to notice a slight fade of ffb and it progressively got weaker. Will need a bigger sample but i am a bit hesitant due to XsX crashing. There is still that problem with ffb strenght in comparison with F1 2020. Have to have ffb strenght set to 30 to have the same feel as F1 2020 which i had set to 60. Maybe it's by design and it should be like that tho.

• Administrator

We do have a fix currently in test for fading FFB, and have been managed to replicate internally. Apart from being a little strong (I agree with that, I've had to turn mine down too), is your FFB responsive? Feel good? Makes sense? @Aeghnor

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

We do have a fix currently in test for fading FFB, and have been managed to replicate internally. Apart from being a little strong (I agree with that, I've had to turn mine down too), is your FFB responsive? Feel good? Makes sense? @Aeghnor

It's responsive enough i think, but only under 45. Anything above it doesnt make sense to me as i have to turn stronger initially, then it goes softer and then harder again. All of that during long turn before straightening the car and accelerating. It seems like initial spring is hard and then it goes into an argument of what to do with itself. Some kind of identity crisis or something😃.

After patch 1.06 I've still had force feedback cut outs on xbox one with my Thrustmaster TX, though compared to before it is at a guess 90% less common. Should i make a report about it following the standard report process? 

On 8/13/2021 at 12:28 PM, Aeghnor said:

It's responsive enough i think, but only under 45. Anything above it doesnt make sense to me as i have to turn stronger initially, then it goes softer and then harder again. All of that during long turn before straightening the car and accelerating. It seems like initial spring is hard and then it goes into an argument of what to do with itself. Some kind of identity crisis or something😃.

This is exactly how it feels for me. Haven't submitted a bug report because it's difficult to tell if this is by design or not. I'm on latest version firmware with a TX on Xbox One and the feedback is very awkward, especially on high speed corners. I've turned my feedback down from 100 to 85 from 2020 to 2021. You have to really force the wheel past a certain point where it becomes much smoother but it is very stiff around the center. Means that it essentially works fine when you're applying plenty of steering lock once you've gone past the 11-1 o clock range but is unbelievably stiff and difficult in sections like Maggots and Becketts. Not sure if that description makes sense.

Either way it feels terrible, especially compared to other codies games (which are excellent) like 2020 and dr2.0. Any clarification on this would be great, along with timeframe for the patch on Xbox. Cheers

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue here. Thrustmaster TMX on Xbox one X. The TMX profile has WAY too much FF. I had to turn it down to about 60 or 55 for it seem similar to the default of F1 2020. Then after playing for a while, if I pause the screen the FF is completely gone and wheel just goes completely limp. When i unplug it and plug it back in, it works again, but doesn't respect teh FF setting of 60 and the FF is back to the ridiculously high level. I updated my firmware 2 days ago, I think it was version 15 something. Did the whole control interface get revamped from 2020, that FF and control was perfect. 

Same issue here. Thrustmaster TMX on Xbox one X. The TMX profile has WAY too much FF. I had to turn it down to about 60 or 55 for it seem similar to the default of F1 2020. Then after playing for a while, if I pause the screen the FF is completely gone and wheel just goes completely limp. When i unplug it and plug it back in, it works again, but doesn't respect teh FF setting of 60 and the FF is back to the ridiculously high level. I updated my firmware 2 days ago, I think it was version 15 something. Did the whole control interface get revamped from 2020, that FF and control was perfect. 

On 7/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, DarthSonic said:

it is happening every 30 minutes or more. can not believe you could not replicate the issue. 

xbox series x + thrustmaster tmx is all you need. 

my system is German, 4k hdr, dolby atmos. 

Not just the thrustmaster also on my logitech lost me 4 league races In the same week this needs sorting the issues has been happening since the release sort it out!!!!

On 7/21/2021 at 11:24 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports on the forums about the Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issues. We are in discussions with Thrustmaster, and they have asked us to post the below procedures on how to update the drivers and firmware for your wheel. From Thrustmaster feedback and extensive testing, we have found that updating drivers and firmware in the correct procedure fixes the currently reported issues.

If you have already updated your firmware and drivers but with a different process to the one below, please try again and follow the steps in full. Please let us know your feedback on this, as we are working with Thrustmaster on a solution that works for all.

Updating is critical and will help in fixing your issues. Please follow the exact instructions from your wheel below:

TM Wheels_Firmware & Driver Update Process.pdf 378.93 kB · 65 downloads

Please use this forum area to discuss FFB issues on THRUSTMASTER WHEELS ONLY and only on the XBOX PLATFORMS ONLY (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH PLATFORM ON RESPONSES). Thanks

TM Wheels_Firmware & Driver Update Process.pdf 376.67 kB · 29 downloads

@BarryBL how can I do this for xbox 

• 2 weeks later...

do we still need more reports here to help with the situation @BarryBL?

I can fill out a proper one with screenshots if needed.

Series X

Thrustmaster TMX Firmware 15.

All game modes, 30-45 minutes into the game, regardless of secondary controller use (if secondary controller is related, could be possibly being affected on console by my wheel also autoselecting a non-existent Keyboard?

Unplug Replug solves issue for another 30-45 minutes, but it's stopping me from joining my buddy in an online 50% race career because I'll have to ghost and re-plug twice a race to get through on average with loading times etc.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, GrogSwiller said:

do we still need more reports here to help with the situation @BarryBL?

I can fill out a proper one with screenshots if needed.

Series X

Thrustmaster TMX Firmware 15.

All game modes, 30-45 minutes into the game, regardless of secondary controller use (if secondary controller is related, could be possibly being affected on console by my wheel also autoselecting a non-existent Keyboard?

Unplug Replug solves issue for another 30-45 minutes, but it's stopping me from joining my buddy in an online 50% race career because I'll have to ghost and re-plug twice a race to get through on average with loading times etc.

Not anymore @GrogSwiller, thank you though.

We are currently working alongside our first party partners with regards this issue. Once we have a ETA for this, will add 🙂