Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing well.

I can see here in the forums many people reporting the AI is unbalanced at some circuits. I don't want to discuss which difficulty we should play (compared to 2020) because it doesn't really matter. 

I've heard the first 6 tracks are ok...but then we have Silverstone, Red bull ring and Zandvoort where the AI is OP.

So, what are the tracks you feel the AI is unbalanced (too fast/too slow)

I'll keep this thread updated with the tracks I think the AI is unbalanced. Please help me on this.

Track list:

- Great Britain (1 sector)

- Austria (1 sector)

- Belgium (1 corner)

- Netherlands (whole track)

- Spain (T8 and T9)

Btw, I haven't started my career yet, so I'd like to ask you some advice how are you balancing the AI? Do you decrease the difficulty by 5? 10?

Update: Found this but seems to o easy

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/opaq5k/f1_2021_ai_difficulty_calculator_for_each_circuit/

Update 2: This seems better but I add +5 to the result. https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/okblkh/f1_2021_difficulty_helper/

Regards

Edited by joserdcosta
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You only need to decrease the difficulty by 1-3 in Great Britain and Austria because it’s only 1 sector which the AI are OP on.
 

I can’t verify yet but I have heard that the AI are OP for the whole of the Netherlands tracks so you might need to lower the difficulty by 5.

I’ve also heard the AI are OP in a corner in Belgium so you’ll need to probably lower the difficulty by 1 or 2

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my own crazy experiance with the AI in the second Race in Barcelona

For the record: Controller with 80 AI, TC and ABS on full, Automatic shift.

 

My Car is on a performance level ist 2nd worst on the grid only slightly better than williams and on pair with Haas.

In my first race at Bahrain, I managed to finish on 6th place. I veven could leav behind Perez only slightly but nonetheless. Of course I was way behind the top teams (about 30 sec.) and Perez probably catching me within 3 laps if the race would have gone longer. I felt the game was too easy reaised it up to 83.

But when it came to Barcelona. The difference in Speed all in all through the field was crazy. I finshed 15th with 40 seconds to 14th (Tsunoda). Behind me was Raikkonen with 18 seconds behind. He himself had 10 seconds to Giovinazzi. I finished almost a minute in front of my Teammate (Matsushita) and got lapped 2 times by Mercedes, Red Bull and Mclaren. Only 8 Cars stayed in the same lap. Though I couldn't see and analyze everything but the gaps up higher in front were just a s insane than the rest.

After that, I went back to 80 AI to finish 9th in Baku. (started 11th, Bottas retired and I had been basically in a Alpha Tauri sandwich for the entire race with a little back and forth).

 

Something fishy was going on with the AI here.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

You only need to decrease the difficulty by 1-3 in Great Britain and Austria because it’s only 1 sector which the AI are OP on.
 

I can’t verify yet but I have heard that the AI are OP for the whole of the Netherlands tracks so you might need to lower the difficulty by 5.

I’ve also heard the AI are OP in a corner in Belgium so you’ll need to probably lower the difficulty by 1 or 2

this may fix it for now but it's not balanced because in Silverstone you will gain like 0.3s in first and third sector and than lose 0.5s in second sector, so the ai should be patched, because that is not enjoable, especially in the race, when you lose 3 tenths at Copse because the AI does it in full throttle while for you it is literally impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CS21 said:

Got my own crazy experiance with the AI in the second Race in Barcelona

For the record: Controller with 80 AI, TC and ABS on full, Automatic shift.

 

My Car is on a performance level ist 2nd worst on the grid only slightly better than williams and on pair with Haas.

In my first race at Bahrain, I managed to finish on 6th place. I veven could leav behind Perez only slightly but nonetheless. Of course I was way behind the top teams (about 30 sec.) and Perez probably catching me within 3 laps if the race would have gone longer. I felt the game was too easy reaised it up to 83.

But when it came to Barcelona. The difference in Speed all in all through the field was crazy. I finshed 15th with 40 seconds to 14th (Tsunoda). Behind me was Raikkonen with 18 seconds behind. He himself had 10 seconds to Giovinazzi. I finished almost a minute in front of my Teammate (Matsushita) and got lapped 2 times by Mercedes, Red Bull and Mclaren. Only 8 Cars stayed in the same lap. Though I couldn't see and analyze everything but the gaps up higher in front were just a s insane than the rest.

After that, I went back to 80 AI to finish 9th in Baku. (started 11th, Bottas retired and I had been basically in a Alpha Tauri sandwich for the entire race with a little back and forth).

 

Something fishy was going on with the AI here.

 

 

You need to up the AI if you are saying your car is the second worst. Try around 83-85

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, joserdcosta said:

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing well.

I can see here in the forums many people reporting the AI is unbalanced at some circuits. I don't want to discuss which difficulty we should play (compared to 2020) because it doesn't really matter. 

I've heard the first 6 tracks are ok...but then we have Silverstone, Red bull ring and Zandvoort where the AI is OP.

So, what are the tracks you feel the AI is unbalanced (too fast/too slow)

I'll keep this thread updated with the tracks I think the AI is unbalanced. Please help me on this.

Track list:

- Great Britain (1 sector)

- Austria (1 sector)

- Belgium (1 corner)

- Netherlands (whole track)

- Spain (T8 and T9)

Btw, I haven't started my career yet, so I'd like to ask you some advice how are you balancing the AI? Do you decrease the difficulty by 5? 10?

Regards

so far is did. only Grand Prix Mode and TT - in TT I am on all tracks faster vs last year except Silverstone And Austria and Barcelona 

In Grand Prix Mode Running at 90 I beat my times from last year but struggle at 90 % AI with Barcelona, Suzuka, Silverstone , (last year did all on 101 ) but I‘ m Miles away in Sotchi / Bahrein / Spa / Monza / USA / Mexiko /

I just did about 20 hrs or so but my take away is that there is a balancing issue ?

or still the wrong setup?

What however still feels strange is the fact that times are faster vs last year / guess all expected something different here …

This must have been observed already during Beta Testing?

But now as game is published we have to live with it - I guess 

In my Team - Carrer / no prob just adjust Ai 

In Grand Prix Mode - well

In MP no Problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a base difficulty I usually go 80 and do one lap qualifying on grand prix mode using Bottas and them adjust your difficulty depending on difference to Hamilton. 1 point is equal to 1 tenth of a second. I do this for every circuit before I play it on my team career. Write your difficulty down and keep it for next time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 1:36 PM, NinjaElmo said:

Spain turns 8 and 9 definitely feel fishy. I had a similar experience to @CS21, smashed the AI at Bahrain, raised the difficulty by 5, and got smashed at Spain.

I basically had the same experience. In normal career mode, 1st season in a Alfa Romeo at Bahrain. I expected to qualify around 16the but made it to Q3 and qualified 6th. During the race I made a bunch of mistakes but was still able to get back in the top ten and eventually finished 5th. So I up the AI 5 points and bam, I qualify in 20th, a good 3 seconds behind Gio. The race is the same and I am seeing blue flags until the cows come home. Finished 20th.

For context, this is the first time I’m doing a career mode without the racing line. Spain was the first track I learned to drive without it. I literally learned Bahrain the same day. I thought I was actually ok without the line on Spain but I guess not 😁

Edited by qn999
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...