Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - FFB fading across a session

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports on the forums about the Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issues. We are investigating this issue as a team, and would really appreciate the below information on the issue with FFB fading over the course of the session. Please add your experience, with the following details:

1.  Platform
  2.  Wheel Used
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of race on Social Play, about 90 minutes into the session.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version.
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, 

If you have already updated your firmware and drivers but with a different process to the one below, please try again and follow the steps in full. Please let us know your feedback on this, as we are working with Thrustmaster on a solution that works for all.

Updating is critical and will help in fixing your issues. 

Please use this forum area to discuss fading FFB across a session on WHEELS ONLY. (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH PLATFORM ON RESPONSES). Thanks

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports on the forums about the Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issues. We are investigating this issue as a team, and would really appreciate the below information on the issue with FFB fading over the course of the session. Please add your experience, with the following details:

1.  Platform
  2.  Wheel Used
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of race on Social Play, about 90 minutes into the session.
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, 

If you have already updated your firmware and drivers but with a different process to the one below, please try again and follow the steps in full. Please let us know your feedback on this, as we are working with Thrustmaster on a solution that works for all.

Updating is critical and will help in fixing your issues. 

Please use this forum area to discuss fading FFB across a session on WHEELS ONLY. (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH PLATFORM ON RESPONSES). Thanks

1. Platform - Xbox One

2. Thrustmaster TMX / Thrustmaster TX

3. Game - modes played - every game mode -> FFB is away every 45 minutes

4. Detail when the fade happen - every 45 minutes

5. Firmware: 15 / Driver: 2.10.68.0

6. I already updated my wheel three times and FFB is gone every 45 minutes2021-07-16.thumb.png.061857aa474b009a3d712b418b158def.png

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  1. Platform - Xbox One Series S
  2.  Wheel Used - Thrustmaster TX Open Wheel
  3.  Game-modes played - TT (not tested any other)
  4.  Details on when the fade happened - 20-30 minutes playing
  6. image.png.a1102ef09fdbe9e2addd34c81c6b2bc6.png

It happens every time I play, sometimes after 20 minutes and others after 30. I Was thinking it could be overheating so i´ve ever pointed an A/A directly to the wheel but while playing, nothing changes, ffb goes away, sometimes comes back a little, and it goes away again... 

Edit:  Game-modes played: TT, multiplayer, grand Prix, career.., the same problem in all of them.

Edited by PiterT2
  • Agree 1

Platform - Xbox Series X

2. Thrustmaster TMX 

3. Game - modes played - I test time trial and co-op carrier  -> FFB is away every 40-45 minutes

4. Detail when the fade happen - every 40-45 minutes. Restarting the steering wheels helps

5. Firmware: 15 / Driver: 2.10.68.0

6. I have ffb set to 40, the steering wheels od not overheating.

Yesterday, when i was driving in the time trial, the force feedback did not turn off for an hour of driving. ( Including one change od track)

received_142400144638093~2.jpg

• Agree 1

Platform: Xbox Series X

Wheel Used: Thrustmaster TMX

Game-modes played, in order: My Team for about 90 minutes (totally 3 hours session)

Details on when the fade happened? Fade of FFB in training session #2, and on around lap 20 of race in My Team.

Firmware and Drivers version: Firmware 15

Does this happen in every session regardless: Happens in all sessions. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later.

Fix for the FFB loss on PS5 would be super!  After 45 minutes +/- my ffb is nearly gone on my Thrustmaster T300 RS unplugging it helps sometimes but only sometimes. Firmwares are all up to date. On PS4 i have Zero issues so its definitely not a Hardware or Software Problem on the Wheel side, its something on the Game side. On the Internet there are dozens of Players who reporting the same issue with Thrustmaster or Logitech Wheels.

Platform: PS5

Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 RS

How to Reproduce: Just play +/- 45 Minutes and then you will feel the loss of FFB. 

Troubleshooting: Unplugged the USB and put it back in, Restarting the Game. All those things will help for another +/- 45 Minutes and then the Problem occurs again

If you took a moment to look for the thread and posted this in the right place that would be even better!

I've moved it. Please take more time to submit a report correctly - help the staff to help you.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
13 hours ago, HuntingHornet said:

Fix for the FFB loss on PS5 would be super!  After 45 minutes +/- my ffb is nearly gone on my Thrustmaster T300 RS unplugging it helps sometimes but only sometimes. Firmwares are all up to date. On PS4 i have Zero issues so its definitely not a Hardware or Software Problem on the Wheel side, its something on the Game side. On the Internet there are dozens of Players who reporting the same issue with Thrustmaster or Logitech Wheels.

Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 RS

How to Reproduce: Just play +/- 45 Minutes and then you will feel the loss of FFB. 

Troubleshooting: Unplugged the USB and put it back in, Restarting the Game. All those things will help for another +/- 45 Minutes and then the Problem occurs again

@HuntingHornet so, to confirm, you can play the PS4 version fine but are experiencing issues on the PS5 only?

• Agree 1
On 7/23/2021 at 11:20 AM, BarryBL said:

@HuntingHornet so, to confirm, you can play the PS4 version fine but are experiencing issues on the PS5 only?

Yes that's right. Even now when i play it on PS4 Pro or play the PS4 Version of the Game on my PS5 i have no Problems, the FFB is perfectly fine and i experience no FFB loss. The Setup is exactly the same with my PS4 so it MUST be a PS5 Version issue.

1.  Platform -PS5
  2.  Wheel Used -T300 Rs with SF1000 Add On
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - MyTeam Career mode and Driver Career mode. I drive 50% Races and it will always fade away aproximately on the half of the race. It already gets a bit weaker after 5-6 Laps, but at half the race it is completly gone most of the times.
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? For example - completly gone after 20-40 minutes of gameplay. I can't tell a specific lap for that, half of the race should be a good indicator.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. See attached picture. It's updated on the Wheel Base and the Add On as well
  6.  Does this happen in every session? Yes absolutly without exception.PXL_20210719_143627183.thumb.jpg.bab9ed374b1c2943f449e72ab4b46000.jpg
  • Agree 1

I realised pausing and resuming the game will lower ffb strength. Also going back to box/garage from menu instead finishing the current lap will lower ffb strength (so pausing is a trigger not resuming). 

And as said before, suddenly when driving ffb is totally disabled until disconnecting and reconnecting wheel. 

Edited by DarthSonic
more info
  1.  Platform - PC/Steam
  2.  Wheel Used - Thrustmaster TMX
  3.  Game-modes played, in order - All game modes
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? - Haven't had force feedback at all.  Updated firmware as per instructions on TM website, wheel works fine with F1 2019 and 2020
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. - Firmware: 15, Driver: 2.10.68.0
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless - Yes, I have not been able to get force feedback working at all

Wheel Used: Thrustmaster T300 with Ferrari F1 Rim

Game-modes played, in order: Career Mode

Details on when the fade happened? Fade of FFB after about 45 mins as well as steering unresponsive

Firmware and Drivers version: Firmware 15, Driver: 2.10.68.0

Does this happen in every session regardless: Yes, makes the game unplayable with wheel.

Is there a thread for non thrustmaster wheel users. I feel like I’m on my own with a Fanatec wheel on Xbox Series X but I’m still getting an issue! 

Is my issue going to go unnoticed because I’m not using a thrustmaster wheel?!

Same issue here on Ps5 (patch 1.05) first time using the wheel on F1 2021, as with F1 2020 i had no problem at all with FFB gone on my T-GT1 and SF1000

1. Platform - Ps5
  2.  Wheel Used - T-GT 1 with SF1000 rim
  3.  Game-modes played - 1 hour on Grand Prix mode
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? I started normal with FFB, but the moment i did change in the game from Performance mode to Quality mode, the FFB was almost gone. Like it went from 100% to 20%.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. See my attachment
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, i did unplug the wheel from the Ps5, restart the game and plug the wheel, and the issue was gone. 

See my attachment:

20210805_003414.jpg

20210805_004341.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
On 7/21/2021 at 4:07 PM, BarryBL said:
  •  Platform
  •  Wheel Used
  •  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play
  •  Details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of race on Social Play, about 90 minutes into the session.
  •  Firmware and Drivers version.
  •  Does this happen in every session regardless, 

So here is my report for fading FFB with thrustmaster:

• PC / steam
  • T300 RS
  • seems the same in myteam and longer multiplayer races (forum championships) all 50% races if that matters
  • hm, i did not take notes, but I would bet its very consistent like roughly 30 minutes into a session, maybe more
  • update both to latest available on the wheel (32.00 and 2.10.47 or what it was) >>> firmware 33.00, driver 2.10.68 after the update
  • yes happens in every session

In the end after about 30-45 minutes of play there is a point where force feedback get significantly lowered, like you loose two thirds of the force you need to steer. Thats really hard to compensate in a longer race when you are looking for consistency more than anything else, and suddenly you could steer with 2 fingers... I am driving without driving aids, if that matters, my system is AMD ryzen with an NVidia 2070 super on some Asus mainboard with B550 chipset (Asus ROG strix B550-E gaming).

Edited by Schneehase

Platform: PS4

Game-modes played, in order: My Team

Details on when the fade happened? Full Practice Session + Full Quali Session OK. FFB Issue after 10 Laps in 50% Race in Dutch GP.  When I pause the game it is for 1 Lap again ok.

Firmware and Drivers version: Firmware 33, Driver: 2.10.68.0

Does this happen in every session regardless? I noticed it for the first time in the 11th race (All Races My Team: P full, Q full, R 50%).

On 8/5/2021 at 9:36 PM, CampoKing said:

Platform: PS4

Game-modes played, in order: My Team

Details on when the fade happened? Full Practice Session + Full Quali Session OK. FFB Issue after 10 Laps in 50% Race in Dutch GP.  When I pause the game it is for 1 Lap again ok.

Firmware and Drivers version: Firmware 33, Driver: 2.10.68.0

Does this happen in every session regardless? I noticed it for the first time in the 11th race (All Races My Team: P full, Q full, R 50%).

Overall FFB set to 75% in driver? Forced fan mode enabled?

10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Overall FFB set to 75% in driver? Forced fan mode enabled?

FFB Thrustmaster Settings 75% and fan mode off. In Game FFB 100.
 I’ll try with Fan Mode On.

Edited by CampoKing