Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - FFB fading across a session

1 hour ago, CampoKing said:

FFB Thrustmaster Settings 75% and fan mode off. In Game FFB 100.
 I’ll try with Fan Mode On.

The game doesn't set FFB that high, think it's 65. It will fade at that setting (100 IG) I think. The T300 will probably also clip that high too but you should ask people that own one now. I can only speak to F1 2019 when I last ran a T300.

• Addressed an issue where there could be no force feedback on Thrustmaster wheels if task manager was open in the background in Windowed mode.
  • Addressed an issue where force feedback would not be active on Thrustmaster wheels when launching from a desktop shortcut.

That does not relate to the issues on Xbox One / Series X/S and PS4/5? What about the FF problems on consoles? Any news?

• Agree 1
36 minutes ago, DarthSonic said:

That does not relate to the issues on Xbox One / Series X/S and PS4/5? What about the FF problems on consoles? Any news?

Yep same question! After today's update i can confirm that this problem still isn't fixed on PS5.

I started a MyTeam Race on PS5 17 Rounds in Catalunya with my Thrustmaster T300 RS and the FFB still goes down to nothing beside the Curb Rumble. Its unplayable with that FFB loss. It started 2 Rounds after my Pit Stop at Round 9 from Soft to Medium Tyers and sometimes the FFB came back after a Rewind but only for about a half of a Lap.

Any News would be nice!

@steviejay69 @BarryBL

Edited by HuntingHornet
44 minutes ago, HuntingHornet said:

It started 2 Rounds after my Pit Stop at Round 9 from Soft to Medium Tyers and sometimes the FFB came back after a Rewind but only for about a half of a Lap.

@steviejay69 @BarryBL

If you disconnect Wheel by pressing Xbox Button and reconnect it the same way, it will work a much longer time than only a few rounds. At least on my console. 

23 hours ago, DarthSonic said:

If you disconnect Wheel by pressing Xbox Button and reconnect it the same way, it will work a much longer time than only a few rounds. At least on my console. 

In my series s, when I do it I get like 1-2 extra laps with force feedback... and it goes away again..

• Agree 1

I am using eSwap Pro Controller made by Thrustmaster.
"eSwap X Pro Controller" is not a Wheel.
However, it is a pad made by company Thrustmaster.
So I will report this issue.
Haven't had force feedback at all.

1.  Platform - PC/Steam
  2.  Wheel Used - eSwap Pro Controller made by Thrustmaster (is not a Wheel.)
  3.  Game-modes played, in order - All game modes
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? - Haven't had force feedback at all.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. - Firmware: 8.06,  Driver: 1.50
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless - Yes, I have not been able to get force feedback working at all

I'm Japanese, so I'm sorry I'm not good at English.
Thank you.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, steviejay69 said:

The game doesn't set FFB that high, think it's 65. It will fade at that setting (100 IG) I think. The T300 will probably also clip that high too but you should ask people that own one now. I can only speak to F1 2019 when I last ran a T300.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work either.  On each race weekend, the FFB breaks in after about 35 laps.  It’s practically no longer there.
 In F1 2020 I didn’t have any problems with the same settings.

• Agree 2
On 8/14/2021 at 9:44 PM, CampoKing said:

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work either.  On each race weekend, the FFB breaks in after about 35 laps.  It’s practically no longer there.
 In F1 2020 I didn’t have any problems with the same settings.

The joke about that is, on the PS4 Pro i have none of these issues. Same settings and Wheel on the PS5 Version and here comes the FFB Loss

A detailed description of the issue. FFB LOSS AND WHEEL TURN LEFT BY DEFAULT
Report Code
Platform? PS5
Game-mode? PS4
[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. -
[ONLINE] Were you the host? -
[PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. UPDATED FIRMWARE AND GAME TO THE LATEST UPDATES. (UP AUGUST, 16)
Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. TRY SINGLE RACE, PICK UP THE WHEEL AND INMEDIATLY TURN LEFT BY DEFAULT. THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN PS5 VERSION OF THE GAME. THE PS4 VERSION HAS NO PROBLEMS.

1.  Platform - Xbox series X
  2.  Wheel - Thrustmaster TMX Pro (2 different wheels of this version, happens with both)
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. - F1 My team: Qualifer 2 (and others)
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? Fade of FBB happend in the middle of the game (not a matching time between multiple cases)
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. - Firmware 15, Driver 2.10.68.0
  6.  Does this happen in every session - Yes, always after around 45 minutes of playing. 

When restarting the game on the xbox, the force feedback works again. It is completely gone after +/- 45 minutes of playing. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 3:46 PM, HuntingHornet said:

The joke about that is, on the PS4 Pro i have none of these issues. Same settings and Wheel on the PS5 Version and here comes the FFB Loss

Did you try adding a cowling to  the fan internally for more controlled air movement ( I made one out of a yogurt pot and it works well with hardly any fading at all on high FFB settings) then adding an external 5v plug in fan to assist cooling the FFB motor even more. Its worth doing even if it doesn't stop fading in the PS5 version of the game.

14 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Did you try adding a cowling to  the fan internally for more controlled air movement ( I made one out of a yogurt pot and it works well with hardly any fading at all on high FFB settings) then adding an external 5v plug in fan to assist cooling the FFB motor even more. Its worth doing even if it doesn't stop fading in the PS5 version of the game.

I have never had any problems with it. F1 2021 is the first game to have this problem and it's definitely not the steering wheel overheating. It's a software problem with the game and the developers have a responsibility. Especially since this problem doesn't occur with the PS4 version of the game.

But thank you anyway.

Similar issue on my side, and since it is very annoying and happening on some tracks at the same bumper/curb/curve, I decided to write a bug report as well:

•  Platform: PS5
  •  Wheel Used: Thrustmaster T300 base with the 599XX Evo wheel (1 week old, version v33)
  •  Game-modes played, in order: played the carrier mode, to be more precise, I did the mexico GP, did all 3 practices without any issue, did now the qualifying (only two laps) and in both laps at the exact same spot (curve 6 on the mexican GP course) I got a drift off (steering wheel is off center, about 13 degrees to right - need to unplug the wheel to adjust itself, anyway pretty annoying doing this in each lap during a qualifying). Played yesterday as well, did the american GP, happened the same as on the mexican track, so that's the reason why I am now following this thread. (first happened during the carrier mode, had to re-plug the steering wheel all the time, thought it is the hardware, however after the carrier mode race, I did a time trail on the same course, played more than half an hour, but nothing happened to me. To be on the safe side, played another game also half an hour to check there as well, with maximum force feedback on stress the heating as well, but nothing, worked like a charm).
  •  Details on when the fade happened? as described above: mexican GP (carrier mode), during qualifying, on exact same spot on two laps in a row (in turn 6, have to be somehow caused when taking both curbs there).
  •  Firmware and Drivers version: FW 33.00, driver: 2.10.68.0
  •  Does this happen in every session regardless: Yep, but now I start to report as it is unplayable this way.

Debug code during this issue (as stated in the pause menu): MPER-CXDX-CTVG-BASC

edit: found a video, which is demonstrating exactly my issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/p13zev/thrustmaster_t300_constantly_going_offcenter_any/

out of nowhere, the wheel is just steering to the right, causing a crash (in each lap, on the exact same spot). Have to re-plug the wheel all the time this happens to me. Today already about 10 times in 1 hour. Very annoying. Does anyone observe this issue?

Edited by Sup3rM4rioo

A detailed description of the issue. FFB LOSS AND WHEEL TURN LEFT BY DEFAULT
Report Code
Platform? PS5
Game-mode? PS4
[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. -
[ONLINE] Were you the host? -
[PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. UPDATED FIRMWARE AND GAME TO THE LATEST UPDATES. (UP AUGUST, 24)
Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. TRY SINGLE RACE, PICK UP THE WHEEL AND INMEDIATLY TURN LEFT BY DEFAULT. THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN PS5 VERSION OF THE GAME. THE PS4 VERSION HAS NO PROBLEMS.

12 hours ago, Cocchi1990 said:

I see more and more bug reports but not the fix.

We can’t use the game with this issue.

same feedback as my thrustmaster

just a "we´re sorry guys, it´s hard to fix this but we are on it" would be great to make us feel less stupid after paying 80€ for the early access....

I installed an 80 mm fan above the FFB engine as an additional cooling. Since then, I’ve been able to play.
I don’t have any problems in any other game, not even in F1 2020. I assume that a software error in the game causes the FFB engine to overheat and it then reduces the FFB to a minimum.

20210828_095333.jpg

• Like 2
On 7/22/2021 at 10:15 PM, HuntingHornet said:

Fix for the FFB loss on PS5 would be super!  After 45 minutes +/- my ffb is nearly gone on my Thrustmaster T300 RS unplugging it helps sometimes but only sometimes. Firmwares are all up to date. On PS4 i have Zero issues so its definitely not a Hardware or Software Problem on the Wheel side, its something on the Game side. On the Internet there are dozens of Players who reporting the same issue with Thrustmaster or Logitech Wheels.

Platform: PS5

Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 RS

How to Reproduce: Just play +/- 45 Minutes and then you will feel the loss of FFB. 

Troubleshooting: Unplugged the USB and put it back in, Restarting the Game. All those things will help for another +/- 45 Minutes and then the Problem occurs again