Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - FFB fading across a session

Platform - Xbox One X

2. Thrustmaster TMX 

3. Game - modes played - all

4. Detail when the fade happen - after about 20 minutes - total FFB lost when pausing the game for substantial amount of time. When I unplug and replug the wheel it works again, however the FFB settings in the profile are not respected. I turned down the FFB to 50 and the FFB is physically back to 100. Even disabling and reenabling the profile does not correct the FFB settings. a full game restart is required.

5. Firmware: 15 / Driver: 2.10.68.0

21 hours ago, roberto188 said:

So has Codemasters acknowledged this issue and are they working on it, or did they just sell us a game that doesn't work with our steering wheels?

yeah, because codemaster likes to simply collect bug reports and feast on them.... what kind of stupid question is that? of course they are trying to fix it.

if you'd have any idea on how difficult it can be to find a bug (that's exact occurence might be different on each and every setup) in literally thousands of code lines/settings etc, you wouldn't ask such stupid questions and simply give them more time.

2 hours ago, LenzDan said:

yeah, because codemaster likes to simply collect bug reports and feast on them.... what kind of stupid question is that? of course they are trying to fix it.

if you'd have any idea on how difficult it can be to find a bug (that's exact occurence might be different on each and every setup) in literally thousands of code lines/settings etc, you wouldn't ask such stupid questions and simply give them more time.

But what are you saying man?

It is unacceptable by Codemastar, not beacause it is simple to fix a bug but because this issue has been claimed from the first day; so, tell me because the game has not been tested before the launch? Our wheels could damaged for this bug, so the only stupid thing is your post. 

Edited by Cocchi1990
  • Like 1
  1.  Platform
    PS 4
  2.  Wheel Used
    Thrustmaster T300 RS
  3.  Game-modes played, in order.
    6 hours or so My Team
  4.  Details on when the fade happened?
    Encountered this problem today for the first time. and as for now only in Japan. Usually starts after half a lap or so in training, quali and race. After using flashback FFB is back on for half a lap.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version.
    Done know how to check on ps4.
  6.  Does this happen in every session?
    As for now, only in Japan.
On 8/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, CampoKing said:

I installed an 80 mm fan above the FFB engine as an additional cooling. Since then, I’ve been able to play.
I don’t have any problems in any other game, not even in F1 2020. I assume that a software error in the game causes the FFB engine to overheat and it then reduces the FFB to a minimum.

20210828_095333.jpg

I played Zandvoort yesterday morning. Grand Prix Modus. Without my extra fan:
P1 13 Laps
P2 15 Laps
P3 2 Laps
Q1 1 Lap
Q2 2 Laps
Q3 2 Laps
Race 50%, after 11 laps the FFB hardly exists anymore. Game is not playable.

In the evening I drove the exact same sessions with my extra fan. No problems with the FFB. I was able to finish the race. Definitely, F1 2021 is responsible for overheating the FFB engine on the T300. As already mentioned I drove with the same settings F1 2020 and never had a problem with FFB. And since I had not activated the fan mode of Thrustmaster.

Edited by CampoKing
Forgot Text
On 9/6/2021 at 8:43 AM, CampoKing said:

As already mentioned I drove with the same settings F1 2020 and never had a problem with FFB. And since I had not activated the fan mode of Thrustmaster.

What do you mean by this last point? It is advised that the fan on the T300RS should be set to run constantly, which is what I do and have not had an issue in F1 2021. I think some who have activated this still have a problem though but just checking as your post is unclear to me.

In case you haven't seen it there is also a suggestion in another thread that the issue you're experiencing may relate to having a controller connected at the same time as the wheel. I've no idea if you might, but have a try without a controller connected if your normally do.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, CampoKing said:

I played Zandvoort yesterday morning. Grand Prix Modus. Without my extra fan:
P1 13 Laps
P2 15 Laps
P3 2 Laps
Q1 1 Lap
Q2 2 Laps
Q3 2 Laps
Race 50%, after 11 laps the FFB hardly exists anymore. Game is not playable.

In the evening I drove the exact same sessions with my extra fan. No problems with the FFB. I was able to finish the race. Definitely, F1 2021 is responsible for overheating the FFB engine on the T300. As already mentioned I drove with the same settings F1 2020 and never had a problem with FFB. And since I had not activated the fan mode of Thrustmaster.

@HuntingHornetRemember this .................Regards your Uncle Bingo , its a grandma and sucking eggs thing.

9 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

What do you mean by this last point? It is advised that the fan on the T300RS should be set to run constantly, which is what I do and have not had an issue in F1 2021. I think some who have activated this still have a problem though but just checking as your post is unclear to me.

In case you haven't seen it there is also a sggestion in another thread that the issue you're experiencing may relate to having a controller connected at the same time as the wheel. I've no idea if you might, but have a try without a controller connected if your normally do.

The fan of the T300 has only been running constantly since F1 2021. I didn’t know this function before. The problem also exists with permanently switched on the T300 fan. I always use steering wheel and a controller, because my headset is connected to the controller.

10 minutes ago, CampoKing said:

I always use steering wheel and a controller, because my headset is connected to the controller.

Is this for chat or just in-game audio? If it's the latter maybe you could use your TV's speakers instead? Not what you want I know but possibly better than losing all FFB?

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Is this for chat or just in-game audio? If it's the latter maybe you could use your TV's speakers instead? Not what you want I know but possibly better than losing all FFB?

I use it for team radio and chat. Wouldn’t want to give up. Thanks to the external fan, I can currently play. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, CampoKing said:

I use it for team radio and chat. Wouldn’t want to give up. Thanks to the external fan, I can currently play. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

I was forgetting you were sorted with your extra fan 🙂.

• Agree 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:59 AM, Ultra3142 said:

In case you haven't seen it there is also a sggestion in another thread that the issue you're experiencing may relate to having a controller connected at the same time as the wheel. I've no idea if you might, but have a try without a controller connected if your normally do.

Disconnecting the controller seems to have solved the problem for me. Now I have to find a way, to use my headset. But one problem at a time.

• Like 1
  1. Platform
    XBOX ONE OLD GEN
  2.  Wheel Used
    Thrustmaster TX WITH FERRARI WHEEL ADD ON 
    CO OP CAREER ONLY I HAVE NOTICED. SINGLE PLAYER AND TIME TRIAL SEEM FINE
    SEEMS TO HAPPEN WITHIN A FEW LAPS 
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version.
     i HAVE ENSURED I have the latest update on my wheel
    every session 

jarmin0123's Xbox F1® 2021 clip 142441445. Find your Xbox clips on GamerDVR.com

As you can see from my clip my wheel seems to lag and not be smooth when steering. this only happens in co op career so I know it is not an issue with my wheel. 

1. Platform
    XBOX ONE X
  2.  Wheel Used
    Thrustmaster TX WITH TM OPEN WHEEL
    SOLO GRAND PRIX (30 min race) AND TT. 
    SEEMS TO HAPPEN AFTER 15 MINUTES OR SO. 
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. 58.00 and 2.10.76.0 respectively 
    YESC79AA313-619A-4B65-8AA1-A5337BFE4A2E.thumb.jpeg.61afbbec7480ce755fe65a65c12bd7ba.jpeg
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

Just a small update here. This is with our developer team, and we are making good progress. We have now managed to accurately replicate with some degree of regularity and the investigation is taking shape. We have had some challenges in replicating as some Thrustmaster users were experiencing this internally, and some were not. 

At the moment we are working internally and with our partners towards a solution. Once I have more concrete news, I will add here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

At the moment we are working internally and with our partners towards a solution. Once I have more concrete news, I will add here.

Much appreciated, thanks 👍 - hell, its about time (tm) its not that the thrustmaster users are so few around here 🙂

• Agree 1
18 hours ago, partofkxv said:

Still issues with FFB loss. Funny thing today during a lobby race 3 friends with the t300rs had exact the same issues at the same time. This is ridiculous 

platform: PlayStation 5

Post says everything and nothing. Why bother?

Happened today, happens every time I play. Developers only making a breakthrough with this issue now, almost 3 months after release. The bug was originally reported in the BETA 4 months ago. Will we get some sort of credit or refund for being sold an unusable product? How can an A+ racing game not support wheels made by one of the biggest sim equipment companies out there?