Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - FFB fading across a session

I've try all the different combinations of wheel, controller and headphone in any circuit and any game mode, but the problem persist even if nothing is connected except the wheel (so no controller e no headphone plugged in). Someone else using TMX Pro on Xbox Series X having the same problem (no ffb during session in any game mode)? Any other suggestions to find a solution or I have to wait for a new update/patch?

On 11/26/2021 at 2:42 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

A short update here on this one, just to let you know where we are with the issue and the progress made.

With the assistance of our partners at Thrustmaster, we have been working on, and testing a new patch to resolve this issue. However, upon our testing, we did notice that this iteration of the speculative fix was causing some different issues for wheels and had to send the patch back to continue to work in collaboration to ensure the fix, when it comes, will be correct.

Since then, Thrustmaster have kindly sent us a new patch. We will begin testing this new patch this week.

Hi Barry, i just got the new patch on my thrustmaster tmx...i was watching forward, really...but after 1 hour and 20 min my ffb was gone again...i tried it a second time and stopped the time again...after 1 hour it was gone...is this the new patch you guys needed to create like 4 months and it worked for you?????????????

Bild_2021-12-24_152426.png

On 12/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, Huelk9T6 said:

Hi Barry, i just got the new patch on my thrustmaster tmx...i was watching forward, really...but after 1 hour and 20 min my ffb was gone again...i tried it a second time and stopped the time again...after 1 hour it was gone...is this the new patch you guys needed to create like 4 months and it worked for you?????????????

Bild_2021-12-24_152426.png

DOR is wrong at 900 for F1 game. 360 is 1:1 with wheel. What does it say on the Forces tab? Is there a BOOST on / off?

My friend has this issue, makes 2021 unplayable in multiplayer. Feedback disappears after half hour of racing, XSX & TMX 150. It was happening way back and due to numerous issues we went back to 2020. We tested 2021 again last night and while it seems most other issues are fixed, the tmx ffb problem still persists.

He has to unplug and replug the wheel in twice when it happens, once to bring the FFB back and then again to get his pedal input back. Works perfectly in 2020 and other racing games. How is this still a problem?? This has to be, hands down, the worst release of any game, ever. My group will not be buying 2022 at launch that's for certain. Considering the fact that it's now new year and it is still broken, might mean we don't buy it at all. 

Edited by Rango

Thrustmaster T300/F1 on PS5

firmware did not fix the problem, now I have FFB for some parts of the circuit but not others, the game is essentially unplayable. It’s nice and FFB turn 1 but by turn 2 I’m sliding all over the place. Any suggestions or should I just cut my losses?

5 hours ago, mikea330 said:

Thrustmaster T300/F1 on PS5

firmware did not fix the problem, now I have FFB for some parts of the circuit but not others, the game is essentially unplayable. It’s nice and FFB turn 1 but by turn 2 I’m sliding all over the place. Any suggestions or should I just cut my losses?

What are your in-game wheel settings?

The issue you're describing seems very different to what others have been complaining about if it's different parts of the same lap, rather than something that is more general but happens after playing for a while. Not that I've personally had an issue.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:06 AM, Ultra3142 said:

What are your in-game wheel settings?

The issue you're describing seems very different to what others have been complaining about if it's different parts of the same lap, rather than something that is more general but happens after playing for a while. Not that I've personally had an issue.

Vibration & Force Feedback On

Vibration & Force Feedback Strength 75

On Track Effects 35

Rumblestrip Effects 57

Off Track Effects 20

Wheel Damper 10

Understeer Enhance Off

Time trial at Canada: FFB works fine in first sector, but second sector it's gone.

@BarryBLwhat's going on with the ffb loss issue? Have devs just given up on trying to fix this game now? I'm out of ways to try and relay my frustration with this game. Just because you have sole ownership of the licensing isn't enough CM! You have to continue to support those who paid good money to get as close to f1 racing as most of us will ever get. 

We're still 6 months away from the next disapp... I mean instalment. You can't seriously expect us to just live with it? 

i never suffered any FFB loss but did have reduced FFB feel from the track with driver package 2 & 3, package 4 solved all those issues for me on PC and i even had to turn the damper down in game and also the overall force, the boost function i couldnt tell the differance with it on or off so i just leave it off as it increasing minimum forces of certain effects which could induce clipping or overheating if forced cooling mode isnt enabled and if overly stong ffb settings are used in game this will reduce the motors power to help cool it down. 

thrustmaster also relesed firmware updates for tmx, t248-ps, t248-x & t300 wheelbases  so i think its mostly a thrustmaster issue at this point, i guess we'll see when the next patch is released if anything is changed by codemasters.

also only a handful of people have reported issues after the firmwares and drivers which isnt a massive sample size at this point so maybe if people still have issues post here with a bug report & dx diag along with driver and firmware versions for your thrustmaster wheel installed, driver version isn't important for console versions but it will indicate if firmware is the very latest one, give as much info as possible to help the devs for codemasters and also thrustmaster.

personally whenever i update thrusmasters drivers i always do it in windows safe mode with networking disabled with restarts in between uninstall and a fresh install of driver 

so everyone just needs to make sure that they have driver 2021_TTRS_4 & that their wheelbase is on one of the following firmwares, note the sf1000 rim needs to be on v5.51 also

- T-GT : Firmware V10
- T300 : Firmware V34
- TS-PC Racer : Firmware V13
- TS-XW Racer : Firmware V8
- TX : Firmware V58
-t150 - firmware v35
-tmx - firmware v17

-t248-PS - firmware v2

-t248-x - firmwarev2

Edited by cearp8858
4 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

i never suffered any FFB loss but did have reduced FFB feel from the track with driver package 2 & 3, package 4 solved all those issues for me on PC and i even had to turn the damper down in game and also the overall force, the boost function i couldnt tell the differance with it on or off so i just leave it off as it increasing minimum forces of certain effects which could induce clipping or overheating if forced cooling mode isnt enabled and if overly stong ffb settings are used in game this will reduce the motors power to help cool it down. 

thrustmaster also relesed firmware updates for tmx, t248-ps, t248-x & t300 wheelbases  so i think its mostly a thrustmaster issue at this point, i guess we'll see when the next patch is released if anything is changed by codemasters.

also only a handful of people have reported issues after the firmwares and drivers which isnt a massive sample size at this point so maybe if people still have issues post here with a bug report & dx diag along with driver and firmware versions for your thrustmaster wheel installed, driver version isn't important for console versions but it will indicate if firmware is the very latest one, give as much info as possible to help the devs for codemasters and also thrustmaster.

personally whenever i update thrusmasters drivers i always do it in windows safe mode with networking disabled with restarts in between uninstall and a fresh install of driver 

so everyone just needs to make sure that they have driver 2021_TTRS_4 & that their wheelbase is on one of the following firmwares, note the sf1000 rim needs to be on v5.51 also

- T-GT : Firmware V10
- T300 : Firmware V34
- TS-PC Racer : Firmware V13
- TS-XW Racer : Firmware V8
- TX : Firmware V58

-t248-PS - firmware v2

-t248-x - firmwarev2

What about Tmx 150?

2 minutes ago, Rango said:

What about Tmx 150?

The release notes for the driver didnt mention that wheelbase for a firmware update, i added the latest vesions for the t150 and tmx to my post above 

i think what we need to see is if those having issues are only on consoles and if so whihc ones or if it still affects those on pc still

Edited by cearp8858
On 8/8/2021 at 9:49 PM, CampoKing said:

FFB Thrustmaster Settings 75% and fan mode off. In Game FFB 100.
 I’ll try with Fan Mode On.

1.  Platform Xbox one 
  2.  Wheel  tx racing wheel servo base & sf1000
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example -25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play all
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of race on Social Play, about 90 minutes into the session. 13 laps
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. Tx V58 Formula sf1000 Wheel Add-On: Firmware V5.51 
Edited by Kalo33
Xbox one platform
 thrustmaster tx racing wheel servo base
 Game modes played, in order. f1 2021 my team, friendly game (online) So for example - 25 minutes of braking point, 1 hour of social play after 13 laps no force feedback
 Any details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of the race on Social Play, approximately 90 minutes into the session. after 2 games of friendly mode (online) with a 1-lap qualification and 5-lap race
 Firmware version tx: v58 firmware sf1000 v5.51 and drivers driver DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2021_TTRS_4)
 Does this happen every session, yes
Edited by Kalo33

Any update on when this issue will be fixed @BarryBL or have you guys just decided to stop trying? Why is it so hard to get these things to work? It's just not enjoyable when you have so little FFB, if I wanted to play without FFB I would by a cheap AF wheel...

1. Platform - PS4
  2.  Wheel Used - Thrustmaster t300RS 
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play - mainly play time trial and online (maybe once or twice played myteam/braking point)
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of race on Social Play, about 90 minutes into the session. - it happens around 10 or 20 minutes after I start playing, gamemode (time trial and online is the same)
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. - newest versions (34 and 2.10.84.0 or something like that, at least it's the newest version as I update when it's available)
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, - Yes it happens every time, sometimes it comes back briefly for a minute or so but then dissappears again
Edited by Olavstar
  1. Platform - Xbox One
  2.  Wheel Used - Thrustmaster tx with T3PA and 599XX Evo wheel
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - Breaking Point for less than 30 minutes.  After a 'reset', can generally manage half way into a full breaking point race before total loss of all feedback.
  4.  Firmware and Drivers version. No idea....got a Mac! (!!!) No support...shame!  All worked fine with F1 2020.  Just got 2021 and discovered this craziness yesterday.
  5.  Does this happen in every session regardless, YES, if the session is more than half a dozen laps or so.

My questions are:

a:  has anyone with XBox One updated to latest driver with a TX wheel and found it works now?  If so, I'll get hold of a PC and do the business, if not, why bother? (reading the above, I'm not too optimistic on this one!)

b:  does anyone at Codemasters or Thrustmaster have any idea when this will get fixed, if at all?  Please answer (hands in prayer)

8 minutes ago, Artworkzzz said:
  1. Platform - Xbox One
  2.  Wheel Used - Thrustmaster tx with T3PA and 599XX Evo wheel
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - Breaking Point for less than 30 minutes.  After a 'reset', can generally manage half way into a full breaking point race before total loss of all feedback.
  4.  Firmware and Drivers version. No idea....got a Mac! (!!!) No support...shame!  All worked fine with F1 2020.  Just got 2021 and discovered this craziness yesterday.
  5.  Does this happen in every session regardless, YES, if the session is more than half a dozen laps or so.

My questions are:

a:  has anyone with XBox One updated to latest driver with a TX wheel and found it works now?  If so, I'll get hold of a PC and do the business, if not, why bother? (reading the above, I'm not too optimistic on this one!)

b:  does anyone at Codemasters or Thrustmaster have any idea when this will get fixed, if at all?  Please answer (hands in prayer)

a new api was implimented by thrustmaster for it drivers on pc and also on consoles just before the release of the sf1000 rim and it has changed how wheel support is handled a little bit, if your firmware is way out of date then your issues could be caused by out of date firmware, its always reccomended to keep software, drivers & firmwares upto date on any hardware especially when developers and or manufactureres say it may fix some issues.

so i would 100% try and either use a laptop and or a pc on windows and install the latest drivers and perform a firmware update, on the tx base you may need to put the base into bootloader mode to do teh firmware update you can see details on how to do that along with drivers here https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txservobase-en/  

Still think the FFB is unchanged in Multiplayer, the BOOST mode has no effect, just a crude, "across the board" lift of the basic FFB level (makes the wheel harder to turn and FX stronger but does not change if it were to fade or be lost in-game) in single-player modes. 

Then again, the only repeated issue I had was the mis-detection of the rim. I can't say when exactly it became an issue other than the date I first reported it (22 July) and I can only think my PSU got marginal sometime after adding the new GPU in October '20. Since updating the PSU, there have been no issues but the game feels pretty poor on the default settings. I wiped all the save data.

Unsure of which direction to go, except away from the game.

On 1/18/2022 at 5:33 PM, Artworkzzz said:
  1. Plateforme - Xbox One
  2. Roue utilisée - Thrustmaster tx avec roue T3PA et 599XX Evo
  3. Modes de jeu joués, dans l'ordre. Ainsi, par exemple - Point de rupture pendant moins de 30 minutes. Après une "réinitialisation", peut généralement se gérer à mi-chemin d'une course au point de rupture complet avant la perte totale de tous les commentaires.
  4. Version du micrologiciel et des pilotes. Aucune idée... j'ai un Mac ! (!!!) Pas de soutien... honte ! Tout a bien fonctionné avec F1 2020. Je viens d'obtenir 2021 et j'ai découvert cette folie hier.
  5. Cela se produit-il dans chaque session quoi qu'il en soit, OUI, si la session dure plus d'une demi-douzaine de tours environ ?

Mes questions sont les suivantes :

a : Quelqu'un avec XBox One a-t-il mis à jour vers le dernier pilote avec une roue TX et a-t-il trouvé que cela fonctionnait maintenant ? Si oui, je vais mettre la main sur un PC et faire les affaires, sinon, pourquoi m'en soucier ? (en lisant ce qui précède, je ne suis pas trop optimiste sur celui-ci !)

b : quelqu'un chez Codemasters ou Thrustmaster a-t-il une idée quand cela sera corrigé, le cas échéant ? Veuillez répondre (mains en prière)

I have a TRUSTMASTER tx base and a T2PA crankset on xbox one and all steering wheel firmware versions are up to date and the force feedback issue on f1 2021 is still there so doesn't fix the issue so I'm playing that at f1 games 2019 and 2020 as there is no force feedback issue. The only possibility for f1 2021 is to play with the controller while waiting for the update... I think I will not buy the next f1 2022 games if there are the same force feedback problems Regards
Edited by Kalo33

So I upgraded the firmware today to the latest for the TX wheel type with a borrowed PC (very straightforward), and ran for 90 minutes on the XBox One, 2021 game, and it's now responding to setup changes to the FFB as you would expect, and NO FADEOUTS!!!  YAY!!