Jump to content Jump to content

PC - Thrustmaster - Force Feedback - Alt+Tab causing FFB to stop

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports on the forums about the Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issues. We are investigating this issue as a team, and would really appreciate the below information on the issue with Alt+Tab causing a FFB loss. Please add your experience, with the following details:

1.  Platform
  2.  Wheel Used
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play
  4.  Reproduction method. When did you press Alt+Tab? Did you do so mid-session? Was the FFB loss instant?
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version.
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, or does this happen rarely?

If you have already updated your firmware and drivers but with a different process to the one below, please try again and follow the steps in full. Please let us know your feedback on this, as we are working with Thrustmaster on a solution that works for all.

Updating is critical and will help in fixing your issues. 

Please use this forum area to discuss fading FFB across a session on WHEELS ONLY. (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH PLATFORM ON RESPONSES). Thanks

• Haha 1
  1.  Platform PC Steam
  2.  Wheel Used TS-PC wheelbase, Ferrari SF-1000 Wheel Rim (Advanced Mode), Ferrari F1 Wheel Rim (Advanced Mode) Logitech G923 pedals with Leo Bodnar USB adapter
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play Social Play over 1 hour each session (Short Qualifying and 50% race), typically 80mins or so and some TT.
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of race on Social Play, about 90 minutes into the session. No loss of FFB when using ALT-TAB in either Fullscreen or Windowed mode observed on either rim
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. Base firmware v13 and SF-1000 firmware V5.51, driver version 2021_TTRS_2 
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless Haven't observed it at all since doing the Fast Startup fix in Power Settings (link below)

Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issue Master Thread - Page 6 - Report an Issue - Codemasters Community

Edited by steviejay69
tidying and template
  • Like 1

EDITED 

1.  Plat   PC
  2.  Wheel T300 rs
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. Any game mode I start, there's no FF.
  4.  Reproduction method. Did you do so mid-session? Was the FFB loss instant? Start/launch the game, and immediately alt tab, to the Opera browser.  After is the game opens  ( i browse on my laptop screen, and the game is set on my monitor) on my 2nd monitor, I have to alt tab the game again so computer can send input to it (Press any key-start window in F1) . 
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version.  33.00         2.10.68.0
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, or does this happen rarely?  Regularly 

I found that if I have no FF. While in game I disconnect the base, and connect it again!

Edited by TReCooL5
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, TReCooL5 said:

I'm having problems wheel not having FF when entering the game.  So I now not connect the wheel when entering the game OR-when I have entered the game, I disconnect the wheel and connect it again, so I'll have FF in game.

1.  Plat   PC
  2.  Wheel T300 rs
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. 
  4.  Reproduction method. Did you do so mid-session? Was the FFB loss instant?  FF is there, but very very weak. When sliding I can feel it a bit more. But in general the wheel is like it has no force feedback.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version.  31.00         2.10.68.0
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, or does this happen rarely?  Regularly 

Simply did you not get the memo about updating the firmware? v33 is what you should have!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  1.  Platform PC
  2.  Wheel Used T300 rs with F1 wheel addon
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. The entire breaking point carreer, 1 hour of my team, 15 minutes normal carreer mode starting in f2.
  4.  Reproduction method. When did you press Alt+Tab? Did you do so mid-session? Was the FFB loss instant? I never had force feedback to begin with. this was the best forum i saw. my force feedback hasnt worked a single time of playing.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. firmware: 33.00, drivers: 2.10.68.00
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, or does this happen rarely? it happens in every session. never had it working

My force feedback never worked ever since playing. updated my firmware and drivers as you can see. even tho I have played for 11 hours already.
    image.png.9e7eb2ddeec17c985ee26c93fd571948.pngimage.png.bc873e486b8b4151e221ed3443ee0d92.png
20 hours ago, TheoKaasbaas said:
  1.  Platform PC
  2.  Wheel Used T300 rs with F1 wheel addon
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. The entire breaking point carreer, 1 hour of my team, 15 minutes normal carreer mode starting in f2.
  4.  Reproduction method. When did you press Alt+Tab? Did you do so mid-session? Was the FFB loss instant? I never had force feedback to begin with. this was the best forum i saw. my force feedback hasnt worked a single time of playing.
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. firmware: 33.00, drivers: 2.10.68.00
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, or does this happen rarely? it happens in every session. never had it working

My force feedback never worked ever since playing. updated my firmware and drivers as you can see. even tho I have played for 11 hours already.
    image.png.9e7eb2ddeec17c985ee26c93fd571948.pngimage.png.bc873e486b8b4151e221ed3443ee0d92.png

if you don't have FF in game, try disconnecting base and connecting it back.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:35 PM, steviejay69 said:
  1.  Platform PC Steam
  2.  Wheel Used TS-PC wheelbase, Ferrari SF-1000 Wheel Rim (Advanced Mode), Ferrari F1 Wheel Rim (Advanced Mode) Logitech G923 pedals with Leo Bodnar USB adapter
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play Social Play over 1 hour each session (Short Qualifying and 50% race), typically 80mins or so and some TT.
  4.  Details on when the fade happened? For example - Fade of FFB on lap 30 of race on Social Play, about 90 minutes into the session. No loss of FFB when using ALT-TAB in either Fullscreen or Windowed mode observed on either rim
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. Base firmware v13 and SF-1000 firmware V5.51, driver version 2021_TTRS_2 
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless Haven't observed it at all since doing the Fast Startup fix in Power Settings (link below)

Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issue Master Thread - Page 6 - Report an Issue - Codemasters Community

• A detailed description of the issue.

Okay, so I finally observed the issue. Only thing out of the ordinary was I was session host at the start (I deliberately crashed the game with Afterburner - another bug). 

• Report Code

BKSG-ETRK-ARKS-RTVG (first session, loss of FFB) HDMR-DPAX-VDXX-TSGE (FFB back without restarting PC or Steam)

• Platform?

PC Steam

• Game-mode?

Multiplayer

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

9 - have requested session codes (1 found)

ASKG-HRHH-MCKA-MMMG

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

Yes, initially

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.

DxDiag.txt

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Nothing has changed on the PC except the lack of being a session host to this point, will probably go into social play to try and recreate.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

210724 F1 2021 AOR Evaluation Race #3 Bahrain 50% - YouTube

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Trying to figure out this one today, but no success so far.

794921-20210724-201039-0.zip

On 7/21/2021 at 4:10 PM, BarryBL said:
  1.  Platform PC Steam
  2.  Wheel Used Logitech G920
  3.  Game-modes played, in order. So, for example - 25 minutes Braking Point, 1hour of Social Play
  4.  Reproduction method. When did you press Alt+Tab? Did you do so mid-session? Was the FFB loss instant? No loss of FFB when using ALT-TAB in either Fullscreen or Windowed mode observed on either rim
  5.  Firmware and Drivers version. Logitech gaming software 9.02.65
  6.  Does this happen in every session regardless, or does this happen rarely?

hey guys .. try this out .. worked for me using TMX PRO (latest firmware, drivers, etc) -->

i'm running the game in Fullscreen mode, native resolution of my monitor is 1920x1080 (16x9)

for PC only.
-- How to launch the F1 2021 exe as admin mode.

1. Go to Steam -> Right Click F1 2021 -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse
2. In the folder that opens up, look for F1_2021_dx12.exe
3. Right click F1_2021_dx12.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Check the following (as shown in attached image)
/ Run this program as an administrator *
/ Disable fullscreen optimizations *

4. Click Apply. Click OK. Restart PC(optional but recommended). Plug in your wheel BEFORE starting the game. Make sure your wheel self-calibrates before you launch the game.

5. When game is launched, it will be in admin mode, click Yes on the prompt that appears.

6. Once in-game, you should have FFB. Hop into time trial to test it out. Try alt-tabbing now, and come back into the game, and you should (hopefully) still have FFB.

*NOTE: not sure if checking both is the combination that works. Try with admin mode-only first. Good luck and please reply if it works to help others. TQ.

image.png.c804d13c5ed91baada0d987a23c6dc52.png

• Disagree 1

Running the game in admin mode also makes shortcuts for keybinds in other programs to stop working eg discord mute or deafen shortcuts/keybinds or streaming software that you use shotcuts/keybonds to change scenes or perform other actions 

• Like 1

I had been able to solve the issue with my T300 by hiding the wheel in Steam's controller settings before launching the game, but just now, after doing the first race of Braking Point and attempting a Grand Prix, I now have no FFB in F1 2021 and nothing that worked before is working now, including the admin mode fix mentioned above. I just have no FFB for no reason when I was able to make it work before.

Edited by TheOriginalStix
On 7/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, dalvin134 said:

hey guys .. try this out .. worked for me using TMX PRO (latest firmware, drivers, etc) -->

i'm running the game in Fullscreen mode, native resolution of my monitor is 1920x1080 (16x9)

for PC only.
-- How to launch the F1 2021 exe as admin mode.

1. Go to Steam -> Right Click F1 2021 -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse
2. In the folder that opens up, look for F1_2021_dx12.exe
3. Right click F1_2021_dx12.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Check the following (as shown in attached image)
/ Run this program as an administrator *
/ Disable fullscreen optimizations *

4. Click Apply. Click OK. Restart PC(optional but recommended). Plug in your wheel BEFORE starting the game. Make sure your wheel self-calibrates before you launch the game.

5. When game is launched, it will be in admin mode, click Yes on the prompt that appears.

6. Once in-game, you should have FFB. Hop into time trial to test it out. Try alt-tabbing now, and come back into the game, and you should (hopefully) still have FFB.

*NOTE: not sure if checking both is the combination that works. Try with admin mode-only first. Good luck and please reply if it works to help others. TQ.

image.png.c804d13c5ed91baada0d987a23c6dc52.png

This is not a fix it is a workaround and a poor one at that.

Hello everybody, 

saw a few complaints already, but the megathread is closed so I don't know where to put this. Please move if necessary.

• A detailed description of the issue
    My T500RS either disconnects after about 2 minutes of racing or does not have FFB on race start. No ALT+Tab after race startup, Firmware of the wheel is 47.00, Driver Package is 2.TTRS.2021.
    First solution was - prior to the last patch - to disconnect the wheel before quali or race start and reconnect again, everything was fine - even though quite annoying already. Since the last game patch, I stuck to this procedure but after a few minutes into the race the controller gets disconnected, fully steering to the left usually causing a game over.
    On top of this, after this behavior, the PSU of the wheel slowly shuts down and takes about 15 minutes to "reset", usually starts back up on another power plug and I'm good to repeat this in another race. I can confirm, this is not an issue of the PSU or the wheel, as I'm doing endurance racing in iRacing with a higher FFB setting and it is capable of continuosly running for 4-6 hours. F12020 works fine as well.
  • Report Code
    EVSH-BTKV-MJXG-TMGE
  • Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    Online, Offline, does not matterDxDiag.txt
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    Happens in offline, Coop with 2 players and online ranked lobbies with 10-20 players
    Usually no, aside of offline obviously
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
    DXDiag is attached, Specs are ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming, AMD RX5700XT, i7-7700K, all watercooled
    Tried two different PSUs of the wheel base, various USB ports, unplugging all other devices, deinstalling unnecessary software, different power plugs and fuse loops if it could be some ESD issue.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    No, sorry, usually busy with racing when I'm.. racing.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    Use a T500RS, go to racing, get disappointed. The disconnection seems to happen more often in online racing, the no-FFB-issue is apparent immediately in every game mode.

Any news on that?

Tried to follow the firmware/driver update stuff here https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/t500rs/T500rs_firmware_update_procedure_v47.pdf 
as well, after doing a clean-uninstall of anything wheel-related, but the issue persists.

At the moment, the game is unplayable for me, cannot get a refund anymore, as I did not have this many issues (especially the mid-race disconnect) before patch 1.04 (1.05 not changing anything) and played it quite a while. So. Great? 60 bucks to the bin for now or I'll wait for my Fanatec to arrive? Not especially what I expected from a huge license like this, having to spend another 500 for a different wheel on top of an already expensive game.

Massively disappointed as of now.

15 hours ago, vitnir said:

Any news on that?

Tried to follow the firmware/driver update stuff here https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/t500rs/T500rs_firmware_update_procedure_v47.pdf 
as well, after doing a clean-uninstall of anything wheel-related, but the issue persists.

At the moment, the game is unplayable for me, cannot get a refund anymore, as I did not have this many issues (especially the mid-race disconnect) before patch 1.04 (1.05 not changing anything) and played it quite a while. So. Great? 60 bucks to the bin for now or I'll wait for my Fanatec to arrive? Not especially what I expected from a huge license like this, having to spend another 500 for a different wheel on top of an already expensive game.

Massively disappointed as of now.

Fixes are in the pipeline, no ETA. Personally, I've found it hard to determine exactly why the issue occurs. It's clearly a bug but I can't replicate 100% unless you mean just by playing. However, I can play solo game modes without issue and most all 50% races with short quali have been fine. Ranked I've lost it and it is a machine restart from me as hotplugging the wheel loads the driver in the wrong mode for the rim. Haven't been able to get acknowledgement of replication from Thrustmaster or if it is by design from CM. HTH.

It's at least good to know that there's something in the pipeline. Thanks for that!

In terms of replication, it's really hard to tell as it's happening pretty much every race now.

Do you think uninstalling SimHub would change anything? Came to my mind today that I still have it on my PC as I use it in RaceRoom a lot.

15 minutes ago, vitnir said:

It's at least good to know that there's something in the pipeline. Thanks for that!

In terms of replication, it's really hard to tell as it's happening pretty much every race now.

Do you think uninstalling SimHub would change anything? Came to my mind today that I still have it on my PC as I use it in RaceRoom a lot.

I think it unlikely to be a factor. I don't use Simhub and I still have the issue, in fact all the options in the telemetry file are set to OFF.

• A detailed description of the issue.

Lost FFB in a session

• Report Code

20210807201644_1.thumb.jpg.e3176450ec9a4455a29cb24bd8b032a5.jpg

• Platform?

PC (Steam)

• Game-mode?

Social Play Custom Lobby

10 plus 1 spectator @Wiborg83

Yes

DxDiag.txt

Unplugging and redetecting controller, didn't work

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party

What was different? Second session, first abandoned. No practice session, no qualifying, custom grid, 100% distance.

That's normally short qual, 50%

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is not the same wheel, but maybe it could help anyway...

I had an issue with my G27 playing F1 2021 when my xbox controller was also connected to my PC.

The game seemed to be confused about which controller was default. It was mixing FFB distribution between both controllers and the feeling was like to drive on ice with my G27.

So I just unplugged my xbox controller and restarted the game... now everything works perfectly.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, LocoVarrido said:

I know it is not the same wheel, but maybe it could help anyway...

I had an issue with my G27 playing F1 2021 when my xbox controller was also connected to my PC.

The game seemed to be confused about which controller was default. It was mixing FFB distribution between both controllers and the feeling was like to drive on ice with my G27.

So I just unplugged my xbox controller and restarted the game... now everything works perfectly.

I just have one controller, the wheel itself (and pedals)