Jump to content Jump to content

What the hell are these kerbs!

Can we stop throwing oil on the kerbs please guys! The kerbs in this game are just not right at all,you can’t even accelerate next to one without spinning,the real life cars run all over the kerbs with no problem but in this game I dare not go near one,I cannot be the only one that feels these kerbs are just wrong.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

They are unpredictable, thats true. I really dont know why they need to be like ice. I love the way the made in F1 2020 but this is a step backwards. It´s even worse than F1 2019 i belive. 40h played and i don´t know how to learn more about these kerbs. Sometimes i can take them, sometimes not. Ride high to max, but its still dangerous to take them!

Sure you can argue don´t take the kerbs, but it doesn´t seem right. Maybe make an option to deactivate this? Make it realistic, not unnecessary hard. Sbinnala all the time! 

Edited by Tomekk92
  • Agree 3

I feel this has made them more realistic and challenging, in a good way. Yes they are slippy but they’re still manageable  You just gotta learn how to hit them and which to avoid altogether. Theres not many that you should be accelerating on either, too much throttle and you’ll spin every time. 

• Agree 6

I’ve only played on about 5 tracks so far and kind of figured which ones I have to avoid or lift on but the frustrating part to me is the AI seem to go flat out on the ones I have to lift on. So no matter what I do I lose a ton of time to the AI.

I don’t mind the new kerbs but wish the AI had the same reaction to them as we do.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

whats up with the kerbs at barcelona?

they shake my car like crazy, especially the one at the exit of last corner in the start finish straight

the car and wheel bounces  around like a buggy mess, super unrealistic

30 minutes ago, ATSSHD said:

whats up with the kerbs at barcelona?

they shake my car like crazy, especially the one at the exit of last corner in the start finish straight

the car and wheel bounces  around like a buggy mess, super unrealistic

This? They shake the car a lot in real life too. Just run some 10-15 laps there on TT and took mental notes of a handful of troublesome kerbs, but the ones in the last chicane did not cut it to the list. As long as I avoided the murderous sausage chicanes, they were alright.

• Agree 2

This isn't a bug.  This is a natural reaction to a vehicle with massive horsepower and perfect balance hitting an unbalanced surface with little to no traction compared to asphalt.  If you hit the big raised "sausage curbs" like the last chicane at barcelona you're sure to send the car flying off balance.   Just take a look at Leclerc, Stroll etc. at Monaco this year.  This is normal and IMO a welcome addition to the series.  In part I do agree that the AI doesn't seem to suffer from it as much and that's a concern, but for the player I think it's a great change and challenge.

Edited by petro1319
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

But nobody complains about the sausage kerbs. It is obvious that you don´t can take the sausage kerbs without any consequences, but the sbinnala kerbs are these kind of "hey, i can surely take them normally, they aren´t too high and look like alle the other ones i am driving on" and then you just spin. 

Im not saying kerbs should have the same amount of grip like the track, but please stop making SOME of them oily or whatever.  

Edited by Tomekk92
  • Agree 3

I took my first laps yesterday in Barcelona, no spin at all,aggressive driving as usual after i got used,i cannot confirm this issue.maybe it depends which kind of Controller or wheel you use? With my last wheel i had also issues in Bahrain,but with the new one i had a clean race.

"This isn't a bug.  This is a natural reaction to a vehicle with massive horsepower and perfect balance hitting an unbalanced surface with little to no traction compared to asphalt"

👌

• Like 1

I don’t think the kerbs are perfect but it’s a myth that F1 cars take them flat out.  They have to modulate the throttle on kerbs especially on exits of slow speed corners.  The reason f1 drivers use them is because you don’t have to reduce your minimum apex speed as much hence the conering speed is higher overall even if you aren’t able to get on the accelerator as early.  However it depends on the type of corner and the straight after the corner.  So for example the hairpin at Shanghi I would absolutely avoid like the plague the kerbs.  I don’t want to have use only 50-70% throttle on the exit kerb because the straight after is sufficient enough for someone to pass you.  This corner has a low apex speed and therefor the downforce has gone and will not help you on acceleration.  However the final corner of Shanghi has a moderate apex speed so I carry as much speed through the corner and ride the exit kerbs and apply around 90% throttle for part of the kerb.  Because your speed is high you still have plenty of downforce and the kerb doesn’t try to kill you.  All of this is setup dependant as well but they are the basic racing principles.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
16 hours ago, marioho said:

This? They shake the car a lot in real life too. Just run some 10-15 laps there on TT and took mental notes of a handful of troublesome kerbs, but the ones in the last chicane did not cut it to the list. As long as I avoided the murderous sausage chicanes, they were alright.

not this. the one at the 1:26 mark.. the curb in the straight line

go over it and you will see what im talking about, the car will bounce like crazy 

Edited by ATSSHD
On 7/21/2021 at 4:30 PM, speeddemon8021 said:

Can we stop throwing oil on the kerbs please guys! The kerbs in this game are just not right at all,you can’t even accelerate next to one without spinning,the real life cars run all over the kerbs with no problem but in this game I dare not go near one,I cannot be the only one that feels these kerbs are just wrong.

Well - even with these curbs we have better lap times vs las year …….😳

so sick of spinning out every time i even look at a curb ya maybe they are not bad if u can find the perfect car setups but i suck at setups and not finding any that actually help online f1 2020 i used the stock setups with little issues this year cant even make it a lap without using rewinds this game is no longer for casuals this game is broken garbage

• Agree 1

If you can easily change your setups, just try doing a lap with near maximum rear toe in and something like 9-11 ride height. Yes, extreme, but you'll probably notice a difference in how spooky the car is when riding kerbs. Thereafter just dial these settings down until you find a good compromise.

Alternatively you can simply soldier on and keep with a "fast" setup and spinning a lot. Eventually you'll find the limit and learn to be faster, I bet. Shifting the setup to an extreme like that will just give you a more generous margin until you're able to find your footing.

22 minutes ago, TwistedWays said:

so sick of spinning out every time i even look at a curb ya maybe they are not bad if u can find the perfect car setups but i suck at setups and not finding any that actually help online f1 2020 i used the stock setups with little issues this year cant even make it a lap without using rewinds this game is no longer for casuals this game is broken garbage

Learn the game mate and complain again when you spent some time with it. It is not eurotruck Simulator...it is all about learning and finding your rythm,if other guys are faster than you online,maybe they spent more time with the game and the setup than you...those complains about the handling are more than annoying. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
11 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

Learn the game mate and complain again when you spent some time with it. It is not eurotruck Simulator...it is all about learning and finding your rythm,if other guys are faster than you online,maybe they spent more time with the game and the setup than you...those complains about the handling are more than annoying. 

i am a casual we do exsist and as ive said i suck at setups so instead of blasting me maybe point me in a direction to actually help me i cant get better if i cant get the car around the track so come on setup god share your almighty wisdom with the rest of us filthy casuals then

last year i had no problems using the setups that codemasters gave us i used that system the entire year aka casual this year those same setups (the ones codemasters setup for us) are garbage they do not work forcing me to manually setup and there in lies my problem I CANT GET A SETUP TO WORK TO SAVE MY LIFE

It the inconsistency of the kerbs that's the issue one that look flattish and usable turn out be autopspin. Too unpredictable. I agree the sausage kerbs needed an upgrade so that's fine they should be deadly. But the rest are just too inconsistent.

Case in point: the flatish kerb on the right as you approach the swimming pool chicane Monaco is easy to use in previous games and real life, in this game touch at at speed and you enter the swimming pool chicane backwards.

Edited by TomAAA
13 minutes ago, TwistedWays said:

i am a casual we do exsist and as ive said i suck at setups so instead of blasting me maybe point me in a direction to actually help me i cant get better if i cant get the car around the track so come on setup god share your almighty wisdom with the rest of us filthy casuals then

I do not have the time as well always to find a setup,so i Google it or watch Youtube from guys who have more time and explain the setup...everyone has to get used to it. There are also couple of Forums which are just for setups,i cannot link them now but as i said,Google it.

Good luck still

2 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

I do not have the time as well always to find a setup,so i Google it or watch Youtube from guys who have more time and explain the setup...everyone has to get used to it. There are also couple of Forums which are just for setups,i cannot link them now but as i said,Google it.

Good luck still

ya i tried they dont work half o them make car even worse there are 1000 unstable setups and the few that might actually work i cant find so again maybe point a chap in the right direction please or you can sit here and listen to me scream about just how garbage this game is 

9 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

It the inconsistency of the kerbs that's the issue one that look flattish and usable turn out be autopspin. Too unpredictable. I agree the sausage kerbs needed an upgrade so that's fine they should be deadly. But the rest are just too inconsistent.

Case in point: the flatish kerb on the right as you approach the swimming pool chicane Monaco is easy to use in previous games and real life, in this game touch at at speed and you enter the swimming pool chicane backwards.

I suck at Monaco anyway but that kerb, if I don’t lift, I’m in barrier.