Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8 years ago sinds the tragic news... We miss you Colin

I couldnt believe it when 8 years ago I heard the news this day about the tragic helicopter accident,

Colin you're missed by many of your fans.

I hope we will see you soon in the DiRT Rally game because DiRT Rally is based on you!

#InDoubtFlatOut!

From my absolute respect:
is there still any vinculation since "Colin McRae: Dirt" AKA Dirt 1?

Man... this always make me sad. I enjoy watching some highlights videos and such but then you realize  he is not between us anymore.
Maybe its time to stop "doing marketing" with his name... I dont know... you can remember him in many ways.

One thing for sure is we all miss him
(I feel the same way about Richard by the way)

I agree with you OzoreXS about doing marketing in his name.
Don't know, it just not give me the right feeling about it.
I think he should be in this game under some form like under legends catogory or something but no need to build a advertisement around it .
He is still be missed by me and many others that's for sure.

Yeah, well a small tribute (some pics with cars he drove, some message on credits, a couple of Colin´s hints in loading screens... I dont know) could be nice, and its just a sample of respect and remember. And it has nothing to do with marketing.

@ThierryNeuville said "I hope we will see you soon in the DiRT Rally game because DiRT Rally is based on you!"
DR is based on him? Please tell us more. Zoom. thats what I didnt understand.

OzoreXS said:
DR is based on him? Please tell us more. Zoom. thats what I didnt understand.
The first Dirt was in fact called Colin McRae: Dirt, and the sequel was Colin McRae: Dirt 2... Dirt 3 was just Dirt 3 though, and it was more Ken Block oriented. But we forgive Codemasters for that. ;) Now with Dirt Rally things are as they should be. Colin's name isn't in the title, but his spirit is all over the game yo.

I would not mind a DLC with many of his cars and proceeds going to charity, I think they did this in DiRT3, right?  

It would be nice to see more than one car, more like career highlights.  

Those that complain about $$ for a charity DLC with the McRae families blessing should be lynched!