Jump to content Jump to content

UNABLE TO JOIN SESSION ON HOTSPOT! (XB1)


Recommended Posts

@BarryBL
 

As my wifi speed is too slow to freely compete racing online for F1 2020 i had to invest in hotspot in order for me to race. This proved very successful as my Mbps, download speed and ping was much stronger and better. This still proves the case now with my hotspot. However F1 2021 just says no to it all. I cant join any lobby whatsoever ever no matter how i try or what multiplayer option i select to play. I can do no problem at all with Wifi. It dont matter how many people are in the lobby and it dont matter what NAT type the hosts wifi is either. This is denying me from competing in my racing league as wifi isnt an option therefore am missing out on a lot.

Report Code - Isnt one

Error codes - ND7

                  - WD10054

Platform - Xbox one

Game mode - Absolutely anything and everything online

Amount of players in session - Dont matter if its 1 or 19

Was i Host? No. If i was to host then nobody would be able to join also

Troubleshooting - Turned off Xbox off and off via Xbox and main switch. Turned off and on my hotspot multiple times. Tested my hotspot on F1 2020 and other games….which all worked fine.

Do i need a video of just it always showing me not able to join a single session?

I try to join an online session….any online session…..and i cant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hotspot has always been perfectly fine to use on previous F1 games and every single Xbox game out there. However for some ridiculous reason hotspot does not work on F1 2021! No matter how many lobbies I try to join I’m given the message “unable to join”

 

please can you look into this as currently I can’t enjoy online side of the game.

 

anyone else having this problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

Of course we can, after you fill in the proper bug report. And it doesn't help posting the same question in different sections, against forum rules.

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

 

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks

Codemasters Forum Team

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Not sure however if  using hotspot is the reason for this.

 I believe it is a hotspot issue. I cant connect to anything either whilst using hotspot also which incredibly sucks. I used to think it was just me but i also got my mates to try and connect via hotspot who all use different networks and they couldn't connect either. I did a bug report earlier which seems to have been missed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@BarryBL
 

As my wifi speed is too slow to freely compete racing online for F1 2020 i had to invest in hotspot in order for me to race. This proved very successful as my Mbps, download speed and ping was much stronger and better. This still proves the case now with my hotspot. However F1 2021 just says no to it all. I cant join any lobby whatsoever no matter how i try or what multiplayer option i select to play. I can do no problem at all with Wifi. It dont matter how many people are in the lobby and it dont matter what NAT type the hosts wifi is either. This is denying me from competing in my racing league as wifi isnt an option therefore am missing out on a lot.

Report Code - HKXS-JEVV-KGAC-GDEG

Error codes - ND7

                  - WD10054

Platform - Xbox one

Game mode - Absolutely anything and everything online

Amount of players in session - Dont matter if its 1 or 19

Was i Host? No. If i was to host then nobody would be able to join also

Troubleshooting - Turned xbox off and on from the main button and the plug. Restarted my hotspot multiple times. Checked to see if hotspot still works on F1 2020 and other games….it does.

Do i need a video of just it always showing me not able to join a single session?

I try to join an online session….any online session…..and i cant.

Edited by Darnell18
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

Hi @Darnell18,

We have a few more questions on this:

  • Please could you briefly describe how your hotspot is set up (equipment used, connection type).
  • Please run the network test within the Xbox dashboard and let us know how it describes your setup. 
  • Please confirm whether you are able to access standard web pages using the Xbox's web browser?
  • When launching F1 2021, are you able to access the following functionality:
    • Online sessions
    • Time trial leaderboards
    • Podium Pass shop and store pages
  • @Darnerz - are you also connected via a hotspot?

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  • Please could you briefly describe how your hotspot is set up (equipment used, connection type). My hotspot is through my phone. It is a wireless hotspot connection. The phone is an IPhone 6 and the network i use is Vodafone. 
     
  • Please run the network test within the Xbox dashboard and let us know how it describes your setup. After running a network test the results are as follow: 

- Download speed: 29.75 Mbps

- Upload speed: 8.88mbps

- Packet Loss: 0%

- MTU: 1360

- Latency: 63ms

- Wireless Strength: 88%

- IPv4

- NAT Type: Strict

- UPnP Not successful

This test for me is a successful one. I used to race online all the time on F1 2020….these results are actually slightly better. Worked 99% of the time. 

  • Please confirm whether you are able to access standard web pages using the Xbox's web browser? I can use the Xbox web browser….presuming that is Microsoft Edge.

 

  • When launching F1 2021, are you able to access the following functionality:
    • Online sessions   -   I cant join any session/lobby online whatsoever. I can make one which nobody is able to join   
    • Time trial leaderboards    -    Can do so without problem
    • Podium Pass shop and store pages    -     Can do so again without problem

 

@Darnerz was not also connected via a hotspot. He is on home wifi with an Open NAT type meaning i still should be free and able to join. Like on the previous F1 game.

Edited by Darnell18
Typo error
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Thanks for the info. We'll see if we can repeat this issue internally.

Many thanks. Need any more questions answered or help in general then im more than happy to as I know this wont affect just myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

Hi @Darnell18 - we haven't been able to repeat this issue internally. We are able to successfully connect and join sessions via a mobile hotspot (although using a different provider). This has been referred back to our tech team for additional ideas, particularly as we aren't able to acquire logs from your Xbox. If any other users are experiencing this issue it would be great to hear from them to help compare mobile providers and setups in case these are the cause of this issue.

It's worth noting that we do have some general NAT improvements lined up for patch 1.06 which may help, although without being able to reproduce your issue we can't really confirm this.

Thanks,
Hoo,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any reason why you wasn't able to acquire logs from my xbox? Is it worth me trying again? My hotspot was able to work on the last game and its gutting that it now isn't this game as now i cant race. I dont know many people who use hotspot so could come a point soon where thats that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darnell18 said:

Any reason why you wasn't able to acquire logs from my xbox? Is it worth me trying again? My hotspot was able to work on the last game and its gutting that it now isn't this game as now i cant race. I dont know many people who use hotspot so could come a point soon where thats that.

Very much part of a succesful connection is your provider.

Call your provider and ask for a public ip. This may cost money, but might help you with that and other games in general NAT problems.

 

If you want a quick solution try a Hotspot app on your PC.

Download Connectify Hotspot 2021 and connect your PC to your mobile phone's wifi hotspot. Turn on UPnP in the Connectify app.

Connect your Xbox to the Connectify wifi hotspot you created on your PC.

Then try to play F1 again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wlad2110 said:

Very much part of a succesful connection is your provider.

Call your provider and ask for a public ip. This may cost money, but might help you with that and other games in general NAT problems.

 

If you want a quick solution try a Hotspot app on your PC.

Download Connectify Hotspot 2021 and connect your PC to your mobile phone's wifi hotspot. Turn on UPnP in the Connectify app.

Connect your Xbox to the Connectify wifi hotspot you created on your PC.

Then try to play F1 again.

What if you dont have a PC? 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi @Darnell18 - we haven't been able to repeat this issue internally. We are able to successfully connect and join sessions via a mobile hotspot (although using a different provider). This has been referred back to our tech team for additional ideas, particularly as we aren't able to acquire logs from your Xbox. If any other users are experiencing this issue it would be great to hear from them to help compare mobile providers and setups in case these are the cause of this issue.

It's worth noting that we do have some general NAT improvements lined up for patch 1.06 which may help, although without being able to reproduce your issue we can't really confirm this.

Thanks,
Hoo,

 

Got a mate in my racing league who tried hotspot and also failed. As he does not have a codemasters account he was cool with me to report it myself.


Attempted to join lobby from “Browse tab” on social play at 22:53 28/7/21

Report code: EJJV-SCSA-RCBT-GDEG

Hotspot network provider: O2

Download Speed: 21.92mbps

Upload Speed: 17.44 mbps

Packet loss: 0%

MTU: 1396

Latency: 45ms

Wifi Strength: 100%

IPv4

NAT Type: Moderate

UpnP not successful

 

Might be reporting a few others if they try and get back to me. As you can tell im quite desperate 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darnell18 said:

Got a mate in my racing league who tried hotspot and also failed. As he does not have a codemasters account he was cool with me to report it myself.


Attempted to join lobby from “Browse tab” on social play at 22:53 28/7/21

Report code: EJJV-SCSA-RCBT-GDEG

Hotspot network provider: O2

Download Speed: 21.92mbps

Upload Speed: 17.44 mbps

Packet loss: 0%

MTU: 1396

Latency: 45ms

Wifi Strength: 100%

IPv4

NAT Type: Moderate

UpnP not successful

 

Might be reporting a few others if they try and get back to me. As you can tell im quite desperate 😅

You are at o2, call them and order a public ip, this will work.

UPnP is not working for you

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

@Darnell18 - The lack of uPnP is likely the key issue here as it is difficult to handle forwarding of ports through a mobile provider unless you can route it through a PC app as Wlad2110 suggested. 

With regards to the lack of logs, we can't work that out. These should be sent to us via a standard internet port which shouldn't be blocked, but we're getting nothing through on your account. Only blocking of traffic to that specific address would cause that behaviour. It is possible this is being blocked by the mobile device, but again difficult to diagnose.

We have got a few fixes to NAT traversal coming through in v1.06. There is a chance that these might help resolve this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...