Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Please give us back the Practice Data

Why did you guys remove all the practice data we had availabe last year? 

It was handy to have tyre wear for each tyre type, corner data in acclimatisation etc. You obviously still have the data in your program - just make it available again.

I like the development benefits aspect of practice modules - that is an improvement. 

I just don't understand why you would take something away when supposedly improving the content. 

There appears to be too many things removed from this year's game just to add the useless Braking Point story.

Who is the senior bozo at EA who insists upon these silly story lines in each of the sports games? Somebody needs to stand up and just say No. 

The Germans would call this verschlimmbesserung.

• Agree 6
4 hours ago, blackheartbart7 said:

Why did you guys remove all the practice data we had availabe last year? 

It was handy to have tyre wear for each tyre type, corner data in acclimatisation etc. You obviously still have the data in your program - just make it available again.

I like the development benefits aspect of practice modules - that is an improvement. 

I just don't understand why you would take something away when supposedly improving the content. 

There appears to be too many things removed from this year's game just to add the useless Braking Point story.

Who is the senior bozo at EA who insists upon these silly story lines in each of the sports games? Somebody needs to stand up and just say No. 

The Germans would call this verschlimmbesserung.

i agree it's slightly annoying we don't have this info anymore though i do like the improvement. but how much do you know precicsly was removed for this year as well it's common cut down things we had it in 2015 for career mode (though that was extreme how much they cut out) we have things like co op career mode a mode that was heavily requested to come back. graphical updates and a many other changes like handling which is why i slightly think is why they didn't do them as they needed more work to adapt the new handling model to the classic cars. Just to add the story lines have been around since 2019 and was being developed way before EA ever arrived. 

Totally agree. I’m all for improvements and adding new things, but why on earth have so many things been removed from this years game? It’s not progress at all, progress would be adding new things in a retaining the old ones as well.

The word you're looking for is regress haha.

Yes, I'm going out of my mind wondering if I'm crazy. I'm doing the race strategy programs, and I'm used to doing all 5 laps to get the most accurate data (especially helpful to have mean data as my laptimes and fuel/tyre use are inconsistent 😒). I see the data flash across my screen as I complete individual laps (at least for the first three laps, don't remember if it did it after that) and it seems silly that I should have to math it out on my own. The chart you could see in the last couple editions was super helpful.

Also, I'm currently into my 3rd race weekend in MT and have focused on tyre wear upgrades, but the data from my race strategy program doesn't seem to be translating very well to my race strategies listed on the grid. I'm way under the expected wear % but I don't believe my driving is becoming that much more stable and less wheel-spinny between FP and the race.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:51 AM, Coops27 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue - Not sure if this is by design, but the analysis of the practice programs that has been in the last few games is no longer showing when looking at the Practice info. It used to show where you needed to improve to pass to programs or help to analyse your race pace to determine the best strategy. Can't think why this would be removed, so I asume its a bug or oversight.
  • Report Code - N/A
  • Platform - STEAM
  • Game-mode - CAREER & MY TEAM
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried- Tried all the buttons and checked help to see if it was accessable
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. - FROM F12020practice.thumb.jpg.a42f6856e88bcfb160461a6b074ff35c.jpg
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - ALL CAREER AND MY TEAM PRACTICE MODES

I actually made a bug report as I think this is an oversight and is meant to be included. It's currently awaiting feedback from the administrator and I hope it gets actioned as it's messed up my fuel strategy in a race more than once not having access to the data.

You may be right that this is a bug.

I would also like to update my own post from yesterday (seen above), as I'd forgotten exactly what the feedback while completing the Race Strategy program is:

• The end-of-lap data lists tyre usage as a % life use, but the fuel usage lists it in Kg instead of "laps". When choosing a race strategy on the grid, you would have to convert, and that would mean pausing performing the program to write down you Kg used/lap at the end of each lap before it disappears so you could get close enough with your guess.
  • When you complete lap 5 of the program, it doesn't even list the tyre/fuel usage like it does at the end of each of laps 1 through 4, it just says "Program Complete" or something like that. So you don't even get all 5 laps worth of data!!!