Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox Series X - Game Crashes & shuts down console during post race/celebration cut scenes

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • Game has crashed on me 3 separate times post race during the podium celebration scenes.  Screen freezes.  Ultimately the console shuts down completely.  Controller stays on.
  • Report Code
    • N/A  Can not access as game freezes, no code displayed when it freezes in a cut scene.  Console eventually shuts off completely.
  • Platform?
    • Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode?
    • Grand Prix.  Driver Career.  My Team.
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    • Offline races
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    • N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • Nothing.  Game freezes and shuts down the console completely.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • No.  Again, game freezes unexpectedly and simply shuts down my console.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Has happened 3 times to me post race, all during the celebration cut scenes.  Has happened in 25% races, 5 lap races.
Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1

same here. sadly no real feedback on this. hope they are working on that gamebreaking bug. tried the game again after these complete shutdowns. but only to notice that my myteam save is broken now and I can´t hire new sponsors and my whole team is with 0€ all the time from week to week.

that game is big step down from last year. and last year was horrible, too at start. (Pitcoins not received for weeks for example)

• Agree 1

That's the worst part here, it's pretty terrifying to me that it's completely shutting down my console.  Not just restarting it... but flat out shutting it down.  @BarryBL This needs to be looked at because I don't want to have to fight with you guys if my Xbox Series X becomes a rather expensive paperweight from this.

• Agree 1
  • petro1319 changed the title to Xbox Series X - Game Crashes & shuts down console during post race/celebration cut scenes
On 7/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, BarryBL said:

This has been reported elsewhere, and is already under investigation

How much longer are we having to wait here?  Between this issue and the fact we still dont have 1.04 update that hopefully fixes the My Team game save issues I can't play this game that I spent over $100 for on the deluxe edition.  This is getting ridiculous; I can't play it for fear of it bricking my console.  I can't load my game saves.  I can't get my money back from my digital purchase from MS now because it's been over 10 hours; so what are the folks at Codies/EA going to do about this and when?  I'm sorry @BarryBLbut I'm out of patience here not being able to play a game that I paid for.