Jump to content Jump to content

Still replacing 1st driver when I change a team..


Recommended Posts

I thought moving to Ferrari after finishing first season with Alfa Romeo would replace Sainz as his performance was really bad in my Career Mode bt nope!

It was Leclerc who was replaced and back to his former team instead..

I was really disappointed to see I would always go to 1st driver seat no matter what teams I choose for next season in 2020 but It seems Codemasters has done nothing to fix this in 2021 as well..

 

 

  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a sort of default rule where if you're in a stereotypically feeder team (Alpha Tauri for Red Bull, Williams/Aston Martin for Mercedes, Alfa/Haas for Ferrari) then you have a kinda 'Academy Bonus' where you seem to become the lead driver of that team.

Of course, that may not be 100% of the time but it was a pattern I noticed when doing it last year but haven't had chance to confirm if it is the same this year. Sounds like it might be though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

There's a sort of default rule where if you're in a stereotypically feeder team (Alpha Tauri for Red Bull, Williams/Aston Martin for Mercedes, Alfa/Haas for Ferrari) then you have a kinda 'Academy Bonus' where you seem to become the lead driver of that team.

Of course, that may not be 100% of the time but it was a pattern I noticed when doing it last year but haven't had chance to confirm if it is the same this year. Sounds like it might be though. 

So that means, that in a driver career we don't should use the acedemy bonus when we start a f2 career? And then we would replace the 2nd driver when we finished F2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

Damn, that ruins my plan for my driver career. Maybe I am wrong, but when I started F2 Season, I was not able to choose my teammate too. 

I skipped F2 and was able to choose teammate for the first season in F1. Not sure abt F2 as I always skipped F2 career.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, minhoc said:

I skipped F2 and was able to choose teammate for the first season in F1. Not sure abt F2 as I always skipped F2 career.. 

Maybe I should skip f2, too.. or live with replacing the 1st. Driver later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonBlanko said:

So that means, that in a driver career we don't should use the acedemy bonus when we start a f2 career? And then we would replace the 2nd driver when we finished F2?

I think it was separate to F2.  Just literally team-relationship level where you'd be promoted to the lead driver in any team that has an existing relationship with your current team.

Alpha Tauri ---> Red Bull for example.

Even if you didn't join a particular academy and skipped straight to F1, it would happen if you tried to work your way up the grid. 

 

I'm not overly sure what happens if you do an F2 season and try to go to a big team from the off. I imagine it would be the same as the other lower teams and they'd ask what teammate you'd want when you first start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

There's a sort of default rule where if you're in a stereotypically feeder team (Alpha Tauri for Red Bull, Williams/Aston Martin for Mercedes, Alfa/Haas for Ferrari) then you have a kinda 'Academy Bonus' where you seem to become the lead driver of that team.

Of course, that may not be 100% of the time but it was a pattern I noticed when doing it last year but haven't had chance to confirm if it is the same this year. Sounds like it might be though. 

I see..

I will start new career with Williams and see whether I will be teamed up with Max when I switch team to Red Bull for second season    

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minhoc said:

I see..

I will start new career with Williams and see whether I will be teamed up with Max when I switch team to Red Bull for second season    

I'd expect you'd replace Perez but I guess it's dependent on whether Max leaves. If both Max AND Perez leave then that's going to be tricky to judge who you replaced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'd expect you'd replace Perez but I guess it's dependent on whether Max leaves. If both Max AND Perez leave then that's going to be tricky to judge who you replaced. 

There were no driver transfers happened except swap deal between me and Leclerc so hope same thing happens for my new career too.

However, Is it pretty normal that all AI drivers remain in same team in second season? cuz I've never experienced this in 2020 and It's bit weird to see no driver transfers happening at all.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it last year will apparently have to say it again this year.   Just give the player control of driver transfers.   Problem solved; because the logic in career mode is a mess when it comes to driver transfers.  Always has been.   Just give us the option when we change teams to be either first or second driver; or simply pick the teammate.  I know; real driver's dont have that choice, but this is a video game afterall.

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Acho que foi separado do F2. Literalmente, nível de relacionamento de equipe, em que você seria promovido a condutor líder em qualquer equipe que já tenha um relacionamento com sua equipe atual.

Alpha Tauri ---> Red Bull por exemplo.

Mesmo que você não ingressasse em uma academia específica e pulasse direto para a F1, isso aconteceria se você tentasse subir no grid. 

 

Não tenho muita certeza do que acontece se você fizer uma temporada F2 e tentar ir para uma grande equipe desde o início. Eu imagino que seria o mesmo que as outras equipes inferiores e eles perguntariam qual companheiro de equipe você gostaria ao começar.

Unfortunately that's not it, the system is ridiculous.  In 2020 I started a career at Haas and in the second season I went to Mercedes and got in Hamilton's place.  Unfortunately they can't put a logic to the market and in this case I think the best they can do is give us control over what happens.  I was very frustrated with this in 2020 and this information was critical to knowing whether I would buy the 2021 or not for now.  I'll wait for a good promotion to make it worth dealing with this ridiculous system.  They copy and paste even the problems from the previous game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no! This happened to me too just now and ruined all my plans. I was driving for Alpine and wanted to switch to Ferrari mid-season. Leclerc was performing better than Sainz, plus he's the first driver, right? 

Guess what, switch I did but got paired with Carlos. I alt-F4 the game four times thinking this is random, but all the time got paired with Carlos!

P.S. I tried it with other top teams. I correctly got paired with Hamilton, Verstappen! Looks like only Ferrari is wrong? Can anyone else reconfirm their findings? 

P.P.S. I tried it with all the teams, here's who my partner was:

Williams - Klymek Mykalsky (dunno who this is, it says he's the reserve driver. But Russel got my place at Alpine so I guess it's OK)

Haas - Schumacher

Alfa Romeo - Kimi

AlphaTauri - Gasly

Ferrari - Sainz (7 times in a row)

Aston Martin - Vettel

McLaren - Ricciardo

Red Bull - Max

Mercedes - Lewis

 

Out of all of this I'm surprised about Ferrari only (maybe McLaren too, to a lesser extent)

Hope this can get fixed cause I can't really progress with the planned career path lols

 

Edited by Axaios
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Axaios said:

Ah não! Isso também aconteceu comigo agora e arruinou todos os meus planos. Eu estava dirigindo pela Alpine e queria mudar para a Ferrari no meio da temporada. Leclerc estava se saindo melhor do que Sainz, além disso, ele é o primeiro piloto, certo? 

Adivinha, eu mudei, mas fiz par com Carlos. Eu alt-F4 o jogo quatro vezes pensando que isso é aleatório, mas o tempo todo fiz par com Carlos!

PS: Eu tentei com outras equipes importantes. Fiz um par corretamente com Hamilton, Verstappen! Parece que apenas a Ferrari está errada? Alguém mais pode reconfirmar suas descobertas? 

PPS eu tentei com todas as equipes, aqui está quem era meu parceiro:

Williams - Klymek Mykalsky (não sei quem é, diz que ele é o piloto reserva. Mas Russel conseguiu meu lugar na Alpine, então acho que está tudo bem)

Haas - Schumacher

Alfa Romeo - Kimi

AlphaTauri - Gasly

Ferrari - Sainz (7 vezes consecutivas)

Aston Martin - Vettel

McLaren - Ricciardo

Red Bull - Max

Mercedes - Lewis

 

Fora de tudo isso, estou surpreso apenas com a Ferrari (talvez McLaren também, em menor grau)

Espero que isso possa ser corrigido, porque eu realmente não consigo progredir com a carreira planejada lols

 

Excellent information!  Have you tried with Red Bull more than once?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cook95 said:

My guess is when they put Sainz into the game they just replaced Vettel in the coding who was Ferraris first driver last year

That's a very plausible cause for this!

 

5 hours ago, caiocrq said:

Excellent information!  Have you tried with Red Bull more than once?

Yes. With Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren and Aston Martin I tried 3 times, Ferrari - 10+ times, rest of the grid just once

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Axaios said:

Oh no! This happened to me too just now and ruined all my plans. I was driving for Alpine and wanted to switch to Ferrari mid-season. Leclerc was performing better than Sainz, plus he's the first driver, right? 

Guess what, switch I did but got paired with Carlos. I alt-F4 the game four times thinking this is random, but all the time got paired with Carlos!

P.S. I tried it with other top teams. I correctly got paired with Hamilton, Verstappen! Looks like only Ferrari is wrong? Can anyone else reconfirm their findings? 

P.P.S. I tried it with all the teams, here's who my partner was:

Williams - Klymek Mykalsky (dunno who this is, it says he's the reserve driver. But Russel got my place at Alpine so I guess it's OK)

Haas - Schumacher

Alfa Romeo - Kimi

AlphaTauri - Gasly

Ferrari - Sainz (7 times in a row)

Aston Martin - Vettel

McLaren - Ricciardo

Red Bull - Max

Mercedes - Lewis

 

Out of all of this I'm surprised about Ferrari only (maybe McLaren too, to a lesser extent)

Hope this can get fixed cause I can't really progress with the planned career path lols

 

wow thanks for all your hard effort !!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...