Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

That camber does what it is supposed to do I'm fairly confident. Not only because making setups is one of my favorite pastimes in this game, but also from the reviews from more knowledgeable players than me, like Viperconcept

This is not a diss, mind you! I a controller plebe that up until this year still played with ABS on. 

Edited by marioho

The best part of this is that there has been an enormous amount of time wasted by a lot of people just because the in game car set up menu states incorrectly what the max and min amounts of camber are in real terms  , Who cares whether or not this is mathematically correct to state it this way .  Its a good job they added the numbers in there because if the slider just had min left , max right most people would be applying incorrect settings or having a discussion about mathematics and if code masters meant by negative numbers definition  or  just the plain old maximum amount or minimum amount of camber. Anyway its been a pleasure doing business with you  but I've got more important things to do like eye brow rubbing. and wondering If its worth doing it or not.

• Haha 1
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 3:04 PM, kalamazoo123 said:

To clarify, when David Greco was saying I misunderstood it was him explaining that max negative camber was on the left because that’s the way the UI works. The minimum mathematical number is on the left. In this case though the minimum mathematical number is the maximum negative camber you can set.

Dont worry, it took me a while to get it too! The explanations and the use of the words max and min in the UI definitely need to be improved. Im actually really surprised CM didnt do this this year as it was clear how much confusion  it caused in that thread last year. Would have been such a simple fix...

Sorry for you having to put up with my nonsense , it finally sank in , I was asleep at the wheel and was taking this pedantic mathematical statement regarding the greater and lesser thing actually having some bearing on  the position of the slider to achieve max or min camber , when of course it has zero relevance unless you are a nerd . The people who make the game are for obvious reasons these types of people , but for the sake of clarity to average users then it would just be easier if they labelled the slider max for 3.50  and min for 2.50  and everything would be clear and more user friendly. Anyway its put to bed now until the next person brings it up again.. Regards

• Agree 1

The funny thing about it all.   -3.5 is the smaller number mathematically, but once you add the word Degrees (angle not tempreture), -3.5 becomes the larger.

I just don't get why can't they move the words on the GUI, (Graphic User Interface for those who don't speak nerd).

Does make me wonder if A.I. learning programs get tripped up on these sorts of things.

at least everyone now knows, all the way left for the MOST camber, and all the way right for speed speed speed, LEAST camber.

Edited by F1Superfan
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

To be completely fair, the main problem is that each setup option doesnt have it very clear how its meant to be every change you made. Camber could be worked even in numerical modulus and the description making it clear that F1 always uses negative camber and it could make more sense.

That being said, I think we need clearer descriptions or a tweaked UI, even though that shouldnt be a problem at all

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It just amazes me that more detailed descriptions haven’t been added over the years. It’s not like it would take any development time or testing or anything - just add to the text!

It seems there’s no love for this game from the devs anymore. I think you could see there was for the first few years but after that it’s just churn and repeat year after year. Thinks have improved (mostly the handling which is the most important thing to me) so i’m not really complaining, just like i say seems there’s no love for it when it comes to the simple things they could so easily improve.

• Like 1