Jump to content Jump to content

It's probably (ie, definitely) too late to introduce these for F1 2021, but hopefully worth considering for F1 2022 if there's enough support. Apologies if any of these are already on F1 2021, I tend to miss every other game.

1. Podium driver screens after each race.
  2. Use official graphics to show the race order & championship standings after each race.
  3. 'Classic' tracks. By that I mean circuits that have featured on the calendar in recent years but (probably) won't be on the calendar in 2022 eg. Hockenheim, Sepang, Marina Bay, Istanbul, Portimao.
  4. Bring back classic cars, it'll be nice to have from the earlier years, such as the Lotus 49 or Alfa Romeo 158.
  5. More flexibility on how long each season in career mode is. Instead of 10, 16, 20 race options, have the ability to choose between 8-23 races.
  6. Alter the order of races in career mode, plus the option to add 'classic' tracks to the calendar.
  7. Ability to use different points systems in career mode. Perhaps add the 1991-2002 & 2003-2009 points systems, options for bonus points for pole & fastest lap.
  8. More random mechanical failures, higher probability of them depending on which PU you use.
  9. Introduction of team orders. Allow you to ask for your team mate to move over via the MFD. How you react to team orders yourself can affect your acclaim.
  10. If you crash, have a mechanical failure or change PU components in qualifying then you start from the pitlane.

Thoughts would be welcome 🙂

• Agree 2

Personally i would rather avoid classic cars/tracks and have codies focus on the core gameplay.

Strategy i.e. undercuts and overcuts needs work. They also need adding as MFD options. 

Tyre modelling, ie  blistering, opening up and over heating.

AI difficulty across all the tracks. Also AI use of opportunities for pitstops i.e them using the under/overcut.

Temperatures, one of the most important aspects IRL, brake temps, tyre temps, etc. Really needs work

R&D option of working on next years car and stopping work on this years car as in real life.

Unfortunately i dont think we will see much improvement next year in the core features as i presume alot of work will need to be done on the engine and physics model to account for the new ground affect aero.

Edited by dino78
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  1. Podium driver screens after each race.   -   The current podium scenarios do look quite dated, particularly when you play Braking Point and contrast the graphics. Some changes to freshen that experience up would be nice. 
  2. Use official graphics to show the race order & championship standings after each race. - They have the current one, which works, in a way. Making it look more official would be nice but maybe focus on other areas of the game that need working and this comes afterwards. 
  3. 'Classic' tracks. By that I mean circuits that have featured on the calendar in recent years but (probably) won't be on the calendar in 2022 eg. Hockenheim, Sepang, Marina Bay, Istanbul, Portimao. -  A hundred times, this.   I don't mind if Season 1 is locked down to the official calendar only but having more flexibility for the remaining 9 seasons would be amazing.  I don't want to them to go too crazy and have like 50 layouts based on previous years but a handful of others so you have variety would be awesome. 
  4. Bring back classic cars, it'll be nice to have from the earlier years, such as the Lotus 49 or Alfa Romeo 158.  -  Not overly fussed about this. They were literally removed two years in a row because they were the most expendable. You had the older cars in F1 2019 but they were by far the least utilised so they went with 88' onwards for last years game and they were still barely used.  Bringing them back in would appease a small percentage of people but nowhere near enough to make it viable.   In a few years when people are nostalgic again, then sure. In the meantime, improve other stuff first. 
  5. More flexibility on how long each season in career mode is. Instead of 10, 16, 20 race options, have the ability to choose between 8-23 races.  -  Yeah, I guess. I imagine it requires calculation of wear, resource points allocation, etc so they won't do it but variety and flexibility is always good! 
  6. Alter the order of races in career mode, plus the option to add 'classic' tracks to the calendar. - Basically the same principle as point 3. Like, if you're putting classic tracks in the calendar then you're going to have to edit the order of races anyway.  However, again this could just be from Season 2 onwards if they need a compromise. 
  7. Ability to use different points systems in career mode. Perhaps add the 1991-2002 & 2003-2009 points systems, options for bonus points for pole & fastest lap. - If they had a Classic section, as opposed to simply classic cars and tracks then this would be a nice change.  Like, if they chose a random season (2003) for example and had a separate experience for that.   If you're wanting to have capability for points changes for 2022 cars in career modes; then, firstly, I highly doubt they'd go for that as it doesn't replicate the rules and regulations they have to abide by and, secondly, it seems like making changes for changes sake. Like, it doesn't make the game better, just different. 
  8. More random mechanical failures, higher probability of them depending on which PU you use. - Seems tied to the current system of failure rate and failure types.  I already think I get too many as i've had 3 failures in 5 100% races when in real life they barely get any...   It's possibly due to the way I drive though. 
  9. Introduction of team orders. Allow you to ask for your team mate to move over via the MFD. How you react to team orders yourself can affect your acclaim. - Yeah, would have to somehow recognise who your teammate is (seems simple enough), who is on the better strategy, if you let them through quickly enough and whether you should do it.   It does seem an idea that could work. 
  10. If you crash, have a mechanical failure or change PU components in qualifying then you start from the pitlane. - I do like the aspect of moving it to a more realistic fashion. I don't think they'll go for it, but its an option! 

You asked for thoughts, so provided some feedback.  I think some ideas are better than others but none were completely nonsensical so that's a positive start! 

• Agree 2

Good comments @SmokyAtom07. I appreciate that Codies have a tonne of work as it is so tried to stay at least within the realms of possibility & not be completely ridiculous. Of the ones suggested most of them I’d happily live without, if anything having ‘classic’ tracks added into career mode, keeping the ability to run shorter seasons & having team orders are probably the ones I’d like most.

It would be a good idea if you could feel the slipstream or dirty air from the car ahead on your controller... this is especially useful for Dualsense controller with the wind effect (haptic feedback). 

Some good suggestions above. I'm not really fussed about the classic cars - they were a novel idea but everyone if you were in an online race you had no chance of winning it unless you were in the F2004. 

For me, the idea of classic/recent tracks is good, especially was the licences can be up on some of the tracks soon (I'll miss Sochi in game as it's one of my stronger tracks) and the ability to add/remove tracks from the calendar can refresh the challenge going into each season. 

I'd love to see team orders, where you get a pop-up similar to when Jeff suggests a new pit strategy, forcing you to respond and to let your team mate pass if you're the lead car. 

On 7/24/2021 at 11:05 AM, dino78 said:

Tyre modelling, ie  blistering, opening up and over heating.

AI difficulty across all the tracks. Also AI use of opportunities for pitstops i.e them using the under/overcut.

Temperatures, one of the most important aspects IRL, brake temps, tyre temps, etc. Really needs work

Agree with all of this, especially the tyre temps. Maybe a MFD option for "Jeff, my tyres are gone"? To be fair, i think there is a serious leap in F1 2021 from the previous games when tyre wear gets into the 35%+ zone, you can feel the grip begin to wane and lap times drop, so hopefully that continues into F12022

Another addition that would be good, though probably only for career mode and races 25% distance or longer, is removing the instant allocation of penalties in favour of mirroring the real world process. If you're involved in an incident or collision or whatever that needs needs investigation, you get an on-screen message pointing out that Driver(s) 1 is under investigation for pit lane speeding/exceeding track limits/causing collision or whatever the incident may be. If you're that driver, you get a radio message from the pit wall to inform you. The orange FIA magnifying glass appears next to the drivers on the on-screen timing tower.  After couple of laps, the penalty is displayed in red and then the penalty given. Probably wouldn't work for online but I think it'd be nice for career mode/My Team. 

On 7/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, SmokyAtom07 said:
  1. Podium driver screens after each race.   -   The current podium scenarios do look quite dated, particularly when you play Braking Point and contrast the graphics. Some changes to freshen that experience up would be nice. 
  2. Use official graphics to show the race order & championship standings after each race. - They have the current one, which works, in a way. Making it look more official would be nice but maybe focus on other areas of the game that need working and this comes afterwards. 
  3. 'Classic' tracks. By that I mean circuits that have featured on the calendar in recent years but (probably) won't be on the calendar in 2022 eg. Hockenheim, Sepang, Marina Bay, Istanbul, Portimao. -  A hundred times, this.   I don't mind if Season 1 is locked down to the official calendar only but having more flexibility for the remaining 9 seasons would be amazing.  I don't want to them to go too crazy and have like 50 layouts based on previous years but a handful of others so you have variety would be awesome. 
  4. Bring back classic cars, it'll be nice to have from the earlier years, such as the Lotus 49 or Alfa Romeo 158.  -  Not overly fussed about this. They were literally removed two years in a row because they were the most expendable. You had the older cars in F1 2019 but they were by far the least utilised so they went with 88' onwards for last years game and they were still barely used.  Bringing them back in would appease a small percentage of people but nowhere near enough to make it viable.   In a few years when people are nostalgic again, then sure. In the meantime, improve other stuff first. 
  5. More flexibility on how long each season in career mode is. Instead of 10, 16, 20 race options, have the ability to choose between 8-23 races.  -  Yeah, I guess. I imagine it requires calculation of wear, resource points allocation, etc so they won't do it but variety and flexibility is always good! 
  6. Alter the order of races in career mode, plus the option to add 'classic' tracks to the calendar. - Basically the same principle as point 3. Like, if you're putting classic tracks in the calendar then you're going to have to edit the order of races anyway.  However, again this could just be from Season 2 onwards if they need a compromise. 
  7. Ability to use different points systems in career mode. Perhaps add the 1991-2002 & 2003-2009 points systems, options for bonus points for pole & fastest lap. - If they had a Classic section, as opposed to simply classic cars and tracks then this would be a nice change.  Like, if they chose a random season (2003) for example and had a separate experience for that.   If you're wanting to have capability for points changes for 2022 cars in career modes; then, firstly, I highly doubt they'd go for that as it doesn't replicate the rules and regulations they have to abide by and, secondly, it seems like making changes for changes sake. Like, it doesn't make the game better, just different. 
  8. More random mechanical failures, higher probability of them depending on which PU you use. - Seems tied to the current system of failure rate and failure types.  I already think I get too many as i've had 3 failures in 5 100% races when in real life they barely get any...   It's possibly due to the way I drive though. 
  9. Introduction of team orders. Allow you to ask for your team mate to move over via the MFD. How you react to team orders yourself can affect your acclaim. - Yeah, would have to somehow recognise who your teammate is (seems simple enough), who is on the better strategy, if you let them through quickly enough and whether you should do it.   It does seem an idea that could work. 
  10. If you crash, have a mechanical failure or change PU components in qualifying then you start from the pitlane. - I do like the aspect of moving it to a more realistic fashion. I don't think they'll go for it, but its an option! 

You asked for thoughts, so provided some feedback.  I think some ideas are better than others but none were completely nonsensical so that's a positive start! 

Agree with all of that and actually i would say that the team order feature is present in the grid series so they can implement that one and add a voice controll

7 hours ago, Capi64 SR said:

Agree with all of that and actually i would say that the team order feature is present in the grid series so they can implement that one and add a voice controll

Yeah 2 simple options in the radio menu would do, "I am Priority 1" for AI teammate to let you past or "I am priority 2" to tell the AI they can pass you

Edited by TomAAA

1. Red flag after a big crash where a lot of cars are involved in.

I think with the new damage model the red flag will have a nice purpose ingame now. for example: first corner someone makes a fault and 3/4 or maybe even more cars will get destroyed and some more gets damaged, maybe a rearwing or a sidepod that is destroyed. If everyone needs to go to the pitlane because of the redflag, people can repair the damaged sidepods/rearwings.

2. Faults in pitlane.

I think it will be also cool if there is a change that there will be a fault in the pitlane for example a tire that wont come off or takes longer than the rest of the tires.

1 hour ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Technically, F1 as a "no team orders" rule. Granted, I don't know if its actually enforced. Thus, I don't think EA/CM will introduce them into an officially-licensed game.

Somebody should have told that to Mercedes, considering the radio calls to Bottas over the past 4 years. Most famously was told in Russia in 2018, the exact radio message was "you need to let lewis by into turn 13 on this lap"

Edited by TomAAA
Just now, TomAAA said:

Somebody should have told that to Mercedes, considering the radio calls to Bottas over the past 4 years. Most famously was told in Russia in 2018, the exact radio message was "you need to let lewis by into turn 13 on this lap"

Look at the middle statement, mate. It, clearly, says I don't know if it's enforced.

I stand corrected, then. My philosophy is the teams should let their drivers race, as is done in NASCAR. Granted, F1's rule about the top 10 crrying their fastest Q2 tyres over to the race need changed to, truly, let those teams test different strategies. Of course, the two compounds mandate would, likely have to go as well, which isn't happening in the cost cap era.