Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] Voice Commands not working for me

QwoaX2

Hi,

after the 03.09. Patch, Voice commands still not work for me.
When I use the Info button for the Menu and talk into the Mic the Engineer doesn't hear me.
He doesn't even say that he doesn't understand me, there's no reaction.
The Mic-Symbol is not crossed red and looks normal.

I am using a Modmic v4, and tested it both my Asus Xonar U7 and the Realtek Onboard Soundcard, both is the same.
No matter how I set up the Volume, Noice cancelation etc.
On Windows 10.
Windows and F1 2015 with German language pack.

Maybe the F1 2015 Voice Recognition is using the Windows one? This is not working for me, too...

Pls help.
  • Codemasters Staff
Hi,

Please ensure that your microphone is set to your default recording device in the 'Sound' section of your Windows control panel. Make sure that you can see the sound meter go up when you talk. The system is Windows 10 compatible so it sounds like something is set up properly. It is generally preferable to make sure the input volume is slightly higher than normal for this system.

Also, make sure you hold down the voice commands button as you speak, don't just press it and let go. The system will stop listening when you let go, which can cause it to miss commands.
Well, it works with the Onboard sound chip, but not with the Xonar U7 Soundcard.
It is set as default device, I use Teamspeak to setup the Mic, turn it higher than the perfect setting for me, but nothing.
I would rather like to use the U7, however. The onboard sound chip just sounds crapy, e.g. when you are in a League Race....

Archived