Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, kingofsleep said:

Too bad it's impossible to get a refund (on Xbox, at least) if you've already played the game...

I sympathise with you mate. I'm in the same boat, Amazon won't refund me and EA won't refund me as they can't see the game in my library!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

This is a complete farce. 

 

The only way to hit CM and EA is get your refunds, don't buy any new content/DLC, don't buy any microtransactions (if that's your thing) and don't buy any new games from them. 

There's other ways but they're likely to be expensive though as it would involve legal action.   I've said it before and will say it again, yes not giving them another penny helps but it's too late; they've already got your money.   So start hammering every gaming news site you can with this news and issue including EA on their social media pages.   I finally got some traction at a popular sports gaming community that posted an article now about the latest patch not fixing the Xbox crashing issues and acknowledging them.    It's time to turn up the pressure boys and girls, this is ridiculous.

That being said...  I see some posts were made about upcoming 1.09 for Xbox...  no details on if this fix Barry is talking about will be included which makes me think it's likely not, but at least there's a sliver of hope left.  Sadly though my desire to even play this game now after not really being able to for the last two months has really taken a hit.  I'm at the point I don't even care if I play it anymore.  I can just play 2020 and have almost the same experience.  Pretty sad that it's come to this.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly recommend submitting a claim with the Better Business Bureau. They will give the company an opportunity via arbitration to refund it before it does impact them negatively. 

This isn't just a case of something not working well. It is something that doesn't work AT ALL (for myself and many others I'm aware of, at least).

To do this to your customers (and what would've been fans up to this point) and refuse to acknowledge and even blatantly ignore your paying customers is pretty disgusting. But as @petro1319 stated, they have your money. Most reputable, ethical companies would do what they can to correct and ensure the ones paying their salaries are happy. It is clear this isn't the case with Codemasters/EA. They do not care, they have our money and they want to keep it. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lukebee said:

I highly recommend submitting a claim with the Better Business Bureau. They will give the company an opportunity via arbitration to refund it before it does impact them negatively. 

This isn't just a case of something not working well. It is something that doesn't work AT ALL (for myself and many others I'm aware of, at least).

To do this to your customers (and what would've been fans up to this point) and refuse to acknowledge and even blatantly ignore your paying customers is pretty disgusting. But as @petro1319 stated, they have your money. Most reputable, ethical companies would do what they can to correct and ensure the ones paying their salaries are happy. It is clear this isn't the case with Codemasters/EA. They do not care, they have our money and they want to keep it. 

I hear you loud and clear, but to be honest its not up to them I guess.  It's an issue with the retailers we purchased from.  MS for example according to some here has refused to offer a refund if you've played longer than the 10 hours in their "return" policy.  A regular brick and mortar retail store would likely take the same position; at most you could trade it in for some store credit.  The fact remains though, Codies simply isn't doing enough for us on this.  I know they're working towards something; at least that's what they're saying.  If I'm not mistaken though the hope was this was resolved in 1.05 or 1.06, yet here we still are with no clear idea if this is getting fixed in 1.09, or 1.10.  There's no disputing that IMO; although I'm sure the usual suspects around here will slide in here shortly to dispute that and tell us how difficult this is them, etc. etc. etc.  I simply can't understand though how a company can sit back and do nothing for their customers who have spent their cash on a product that they can't safely use without potentially harming their $600 console.  Someone should be offering a refund if that's what people want at this point and I also personally believe they should be compensating us in some way if this issue is resolved in the future because for me; I paid for the deluxe edition with early access, yet here I am 2 months later with little to no access.  That's simply unacceptable; but I don't expect anything will come of it.  I just want to be able to play without this issue though if I'm being honest.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, petro1319 said:

 I simply can't understand though how a company can sit back and do nothing for their customers who have spent their cash on a product that they can't safely use without potentially harming their $600 console.  ... I also personally believe they should be compensating us in some way if this issue is resolved in the future .... but I don't expect anything will come of it.  

I CAN understand why they are doing this, why there is hardly any information about this. CM is owned by EA and I predict it will be another dev that EA destroys. Get the money from customers then essentially do a half assed job with aftercare.

As you said, you won't get any form of compensation now that CM is owned by EA. At least if CM was still independent there would be a tiny little bit hope as I believe in the past they gave out Pitcoin if memory serves me correctly? But owned by EA? No chance.

I'm saying it now, F1 2022 will be a bug fest, worse than 2021 with even more features missing. 

 

TL:DR, EA are the devil when it comes to devs. 

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites

Needless to say, I WILL NOT BUY the F1 2022...

I buy F1 games since 2011, I bought them all, they always had some small problem that were solved in the first weeks.

What we are seeing with the F1 2021 is due to the purchase of Codemasters by EA Sports. This GARBAGE company managed to destroy a franchise in record time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2022 needs to be a brand new game built from the ground up, with a functional multiplayer mode. It just cant be another iteration of this EGO 4.0 game, it's gone as far as it can and has too many flaws in it.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2021 at 2:59 PM, petro1319 said:

That being said...  I see some posts were made about upcoming 1.09 for Xbox...  no details on if this fix Barry is talking about will be included which makes me think it's likely not, but at least there's a sliver of hope left.

1.09? Has there even been a 1.08?

This is just a joke now. Season will be nearly done by the time this works and I've already lost the will to play this solo. Even when it doesn't crash and you can get in lobbies (extremely rare) there are so many other bugs and glitches it's not even enjoyable. You just know codies / EA are pushing the mantra of "ignore them and they'll go away, stick with it, let's just get through this year, 2022 will be better, last year with this engine" blah blah blah. It'll be a shame that so many of us will have given up on the franchise by then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rango said:

1.09? Has there even been a 1.08?

I think 1.08 was PlayStation only and 1.09 will be XBOX only.

Edit: looks like 1.09 will be multi-platform actually, as. Per link in next post.

Edited by Ultra3142
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am NOT getting excited for 1.10 whatsoever while the game is so broken. New tracks, F2 2021 or performance updates are pointless if game still shuts my xbox down or kicks me to dash going from quali to race. Hoping 1.09 fixes more than just some "very very minor changes to the backend functionality"... 

Edited by Rango
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RLLL said:

2022 needs to be a brand new game built from the ground up, with a functional multiplayer mode. It just cant be another iteration of this EGO 4.0 game, it's gone as far as it can and has too many flaws in it.

2022 will be an even worse release than 2021 given EA will have control over development. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rango said:

I am NOT getting excited for 1.10 whatsoever while the game is so broken. New tracks, F2 2021 or performance updates are pointless if game still shuts my xbox down or kicks me to dash going from quali to race. Hoping 1.09 fixes more than just some "very very minor changes to the backend functionality"... 

Agreed.  Hearing about "exciting additions" or whatever we want to call it in 1.10 when we still can't properly run the game itself is a kick in the gut really.  Top that off with no idea what's actually in 1.09 for XB and if it will fix this issue or not.  This issue should be at (or very near) the top of the priority list IMO.  Although in their defense I assume it's different teams working on the new tracks/cars/performance etc as opposed to those working on bug fixes and such.  Still; not an ideal situation to say the least. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

2022 will be an even worse release than 2021 given EA will have control over development. 

Is that really a bad thing though given the way this year has gone with their limited involvement (that we assume anyways).  I mean it really can't get much worse than this issue being unresolved for this long.  I know EA's track record isn't the best either, but Fifa 21 had a similar issue that was fixed relatively quickly by EA.  I have to suspect EA can't be much help here since this whole thing is new to them and it's not their engine either.  

I don't know if EA can use Frostbite for racing games; but the improvement's it makes to Madden and Fifa and the upcoming NHL release both visually and with respect to player movement and physics is pretty impressive.  I found myself playing Madden last night simply to start a game and watch the intro's at different stadiums in different weather conditions, and day/evening/night times just to see how impressive it looked.   The trailer for NHL moving to Frostbite this year looks really impressive too as I mentioned.  At least most of the bugs in EA's sports games are liveable until fixed, much like F1 has been in the past.  An issue like this is pretty rare from Codemasters in this series IMO.  I'll give them that even though I'm not the slightest bit happy with it.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, petro1319 said:

Is that really a bad thing though given the way this year has gone with their limited involvement (that we assume anyways).  I mean it really can't get much worse than this issue being unresolved for this long.  I know EA's track record isn't the best either, but Fifa 21 had a similar issue that was fixed relatively quickly by EA.  I have to suspect EA can't be much help here since this whole thing is new to them and it's not their engine either.  

I don't know if EA can use Frostbite for racing games; but the improvement's it makes to Madden and Fifa and the upcoming NHL release both visually and with respect to player movement and physics is pretty impressive.  I found myself playing Madden last night simply to start a game and watch the intro's at different stadiums in different weather conditions, and day/evening/night times just to see how impressive it looked.   The trailer for NHL moving to Frostbite this year looks really impressive too as I mentioned.  At least most of the bugs in EA's sports games are liveable until fixed, much like F1 has been in the past.  An issue like this is pretty rare from Codemasters in this series IMO.  I'll give them that even though I'm not the slightest bit happy with it.

Well, I think it IS a bad thing.

EA are known to kill off smaller developers after taking them on. 

EA are known to ruin games and take strange decisions to remove features with subsequent releases.

EA are known to push microtransactions. 

EA have released sub standard games, look at the release of Fifa 21 and Madden 21. If memory serves me correctly, both were complete bugfests were crashing consoles. 

EA are a bit empty on their promises when they promise long support for games. The recent NFS games are proof of this. 

 

I don't have high hopes for F1 2022 AT ALL. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't an EA issue. This game was already in production before EA took them over. They haven't had time to make the kinds of changes your harping on. They have a bug in there game on new piece of hardware. Same as activision have with Black ops. I am as annoyed as anybody about this bug. Very worrying however I am sick to death of seeing the fear mongers blaming EA. EA may make the next few games better for all you know. They have financial clout unlike any other. Let's just let it happen for god's sake. Say what you want about EA but alot of their problems stem from massive player counts, FIFA being the biggest, server Ques and crashes etc. They moneytise things like FUT but codies had already implemented a paid game pass before getting taken over so what else is there to moan about. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1.09 is live guys. I managed to watch a replay just now that shut my console down last night and it didn't do it this time. Might just be that this time was not after 2 hours of racing so console is less stressed and at a better temperature? 

Edited by Rango
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elmarto88 said:

This isn't an EA issue. This game was already in production before EA took them over. They haven't had time to make the kinds of changes your harping on. They have a bug in there game on new piece of hardware. Same as activision have with Black ops. I am as annoyed as anybody about this bug. Very worrying however I am sick to death of seeing the fear mongers blaming EA. EA may make the next few games better for all you know. They have financial clout unlike any other. Let's just let it happen for god's sake. Say what you want about EA but alot of their problems stem from massive player counts, FIFA being the biggest, server Ques and crashes etc. They moneytise things like FUT but codies had already implemented a paid game pass before getting taken over so what else is there to moan about. 

Read my post again. I'm talking about 2022, NOT 2021 as you think I am. 

 

407.png

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL Can we get an update here?  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I want my damn money back from you guys!!! 

Someone needs to be fixing this for us and it's clear you guys haven't made any progress and we're 2 months into this mess.   We still have a game that we've paid you for that we can't play!!!!!

You guys are completely awful right now... no communication.  No updates.  No fixes.  Just completely ignoring the matter at this point it seems.  New features apparently coming, yet we still can't play.  Get your damn priorities straight and fix this garbage you sold us!  

Better yet, put me in touch with someone who has some authority around there when it comes to refunds and fixing these issues.  We're tired of this nonsense and demand a resolution or money back.  Ive tried being patient, but it's too damn long now.   Do the right thing and give us our damn money back if you can't fix this

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

Read my post again. I'm talking about 2022, NOT 2021 as you think I am. 

 

407.png

Fair enough, however same applies to all the mongoloids who are going on about this game like the FIFA Devs took it over. Bores the life out of me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elmarto88 said:

Fair enough, however same applies to all the mongoloids who are going on about this game like the FIFA Devs took it over. Bores the life out of me. 

Might bore the life out of you, but many gamers cannot play this game and the radio silence is appalling. The game was not fit for release at release date. 

 

This is the worst release I've played and I've been playing F1 since 2010. 

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

To update here.

Fix for this is now in its final stages of testing, and we will hopefully have this in for scheduling soon. No confirmed ETA just yet, but definitive progress has now happened.

Gave it a go and the first F2 replay/highlights I watched didn't cause me issues. When I watched an F1 replay/highlights it crashed within 10 seconds. 

 

Replay froze, audio froze, then I couldn't quit the game and Xbox Froze and shut down. 

 

Here's hoping 1.10 puts this issue to bed. 

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Apologies for the delay on the response here. 

I've been chasing this one up, and I am happy to report that we have a fix in place, it has been tested successfully, and it is scheduled in for the next patch, 1.10. I don't have a ETA for this patch just yet, however, I can confirm that a fix for this will be in 1.10

@BarryBLThank you for the update.  Glad to hear there is a fix incoming.  Greatly appreciate the update.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...