Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes

On 9/7/2021 at 6:07 AM, BarryBL said:

Apologies for the delay on the response here. 

I've been chasing this one up, and I am happy to report that we have a fix in place, it has been tested successfully, and it is scheduled in for the next patch, 1.10. I don't have a ETA for this patch just yet, however, I can confirm that a fix for this will be in 1.10

@BarryBL Quick question as it seems there's multiple issues tied to these crashes on the Xbox platform.   Is this fix just to resolve the crashes/console shutdowns of consoles during highlights/cutscenes, or will it also address those experiencing the shutdowns/crashes that are prompting the overheating messages also? 

Strangely enough I see many others getting the overheating messages, which I've never seen but my console crashes/shuts off in the same manner but no message re: overheating on reboot.

9 hours ago, petro1319 said:

@BarryBL Quick question as it seems there's multiple issues tied to these crashes on the Xbox platform.   Is this fix just to resolve the crashes/console shutdowns of consoles during highlights/cutscenes, or will it also address those experiencing the shutdowns/crashes that are prompting the overheating messages also? 

Strangely enough I see many others getting the overheating messages, which I've never seen but my console crashes/shuts off in the same manner but no message re: overheating on reboot.

Mine only shuts down on cutscenes in Braking Point and when I look at replays after my race OR highlights. The game is playable as far as F1/F2/Career/Grand Prix/Time Trial is concerned. However there are multiple graphics issues that I can't be bothered to raise, as my previous thread with issues raised has gone ignored. The flip side however is Braking Point is largely unplayable and any replay/highlight will cause the game to freeze and Xbox to eventually shut down. Unless I'm quick enough to exit to dashboard myself and then quit the game that way. 

Given the top of the thread relates to cutscenes/highlights/replays only, I'd imagine anyone with the latter issues you raise, will need to create a new thread.

Edited by Sonic6L

I have the same problem, I mainly play the My Team and I was into season 5 with no issues. About a week ago after playing since the release in July it crashed just as I finished a race in My Team. The Xbox series X shutdown and when I rebooted it took my game back to midway through season 2. Since then it crashes just about every time I play and lose saved data, even data that was saved from a few days ago. I'm now at the point where I no longer want to play the game which is gutting as I love playing it. Don't know if it an issue with the Xbox series X or the F1 2021? I don't have any issues playing any other games. 

Can anyone please explain what I can do to fix?

On 9/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, Sonic6L said:

Mine only shuts down on cutscenes in Braking Point and when I look at replays after my race OR highlights. The game is playable as far as F1/F2/Career/Grand Prix/Time Trial is concerned. However there are multiple graphics issues that I can't be bothered to raise, as my previous thread with issues raised has gone ignored. The flip side however is Braking Point is largely unplayable and any replay/highlight will cause the game to freeze and Xbox to eventually shut down. Unless I'm quick enough to exit to dashboard myself and then quit the game that way. 

Given the top of the thread relates to cutscenes/highlights/replays only, I'd imagine anyone with the latter issues you raise, will need to create a new thread.

My worked fine throughout Braking Point, I'm having multiple crashing playing My Team. No issues since having the game since July release, it has only started recently. I was up to season 5 and the first crash lost all my dat and took me back midway through season 2. 

On 9/12/2021 at 5:37 AM, Kiwidan30 said:

My worked fine throughout Braking Point, I'm having multiple crashing playing My Team. No issues since having the game since July release, it has only started recently. I was up to season 5 and the first crash lost all my dat and took me back midway through season 2. 

Nearly every cutscene for me crashed in Braking Point. I can't watch ANY replays or highlights. I've shelved this game again until this is solved. 

I can't even get a refund from anyone. EA are, money grabbing, cheating so and so's. 

Edited by Sonic6L
3 hours ago, Robin8821 said:

still chrasing, this is a absolute joke. No words for the amateurs that created this game. 

Are you getting the overheat message, or is this a different crash?  I haven't played for a while because of the overheating issue and was hoping 1.10 was the fix

After 1.10 I've had no issues thus far.  I played for about 5 hours last night, and another 2 today.  That included 25% races and time trial mode.  AT the end of the 4 or 5 25% races I ran I was able to watch the full cut scenes, highlights and replays.   So far so good for me.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, BFIFE22 said:

Are you getting the overheat message, or is this a different crash?  I haven't played for a while because of the overheating issue and was hoping 1.10 was the fix

Overheating issue is different I believe from what BarryBL has said previously. I vaguely remember him saying if it overheats, you get an overheating message. 

I did a 50% race yesterday with a fair few rewinds and managed watched highlights without issue. Found a new issue with the radio, where it got stuck after I selected a message, had to rewind to fix it, will raise a ticket if it happens again. 

Hello! I bought the game 3 days ago and have only been able to do time trials.
My game freezes and then makes my xbox turn off from all kind of things within the game. Tried installing the game twice but didnt resolve the problem at all. I can replicate this bug 100% of the time.

Also there are no error messages, no indication of the xbox struggling. The game just freezes while the operating system remains functional on xbox for a few seconds until the system shuts off.

• A detailed description of the issue. Game freezing during and console shutting down.
  • Report Code. - No possible way to get a report code because of the fact that the console shuts down. 
  • Platform? - Xbox series X. 
  • Game-mode? Multiplayer loading map / Time Trial Car Selection / Session summary screen
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Reinstalling the game twice, reseted xbox to factory settings.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. - No
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    i Start the game. Pick Time Trial in menus. Go to car selection and then the game proceed to freeze. If you are quick enough you can pick a car an proceed onto map picking. Same thing happens when entering any multiplayer game and the map has been loaded. Game freezes while waiting for other players to connect. 
10 hours ago, Tjd2232 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue. Game freezing during and console shutting down.
  • Report Code. - No possible way to get a report code because of the fact that the console shuts down. 
  • Platform? - Xbox series X. 
  • Game-mode? Multiplayer loading map / Time Trial Car Selection / Session summary screen
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Reinstalling the game twice, reseted xbox to factory settings.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. - No
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    i Start the game. Pick Time Trial in menus. Go to car selection and then the game proceed to freeze. If you are quick enough you can pick a car an proceed onto map picking. Same thing happens when entering any multiplayer game and the map has been loaded. Game freezes while waiting for other players to connect. 

This is a different issue then what has been reported here (initially). You should definitely create a new thread with this issue. I have a series X as well. And my console only crashed during the replays, and since patch 1.10 I haven’t had the console crashing on me once. Since this seems to happen when you try to connect to a online activity (time trial also requires upload and download of previously recorded times) this might be a connectivity issue (I’m Just guessing here, I vaguely remember some thread about crashing consoles and connectivity issues being discussed).  Create a new thread so this is brought to their attention. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Btrgamble said:

This is a different issue then what has been reported here (initially). You should definitely create a new thread with this issue. I have a series X as well. And my console only crashed during the replays, and since patch 1.10 I haven’t had the console crashing on me once. Since this seems to happen when you try to connect to a online activity (time trial also requires upload and download of previously recorded times) this might be a connectivity issue (I’m Just guessing here, I vaguely remember some thread about crashing consoles and connectivity issues being discussed).  Create a new thread so this is brought to their attention. 

Patch 1.10 has solved the issue for me too I think. I've done a 25%, 50% and 100% race and managed to watch highlights without any issues.

I think this is the thread you're referring to?:

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1

Hi, 

when I finish a race or finish qualifying my Xbox always freezes then turns off. Does anyone have this same issue? 

I play other games online including racing and don’t have this issue. It’s getting to the point where I can’t even do a single race weekend without my Xbox switching itself off. 

ive completely restarted my console. Downloaded the game again but still nothing works. 

any help would be awesome thank you. 

3 hours ago, JamesJimmy said:

Hi, 

when I finish a race or finish qualifying my Xbox always freezes then turns off. Does anyone have this same issue? 

I play other games online including racing and don’t have this issue. It’s getting to the point where I can’t even do a single race weekend without my Xbox switching itself off. 

ive completely restarted my console. Downloaded the game again but still nothing works. 

any help would be awesome thank you. 

You'll probably be told by an admin/mod to make a new thread bud as it seems unrelated to what this threads issue is about. 

On 9/27/2021 at 3:55 PM, Sonic6L said:

While watching replays/highlights or cutscenes? 

No, just while racing. It freezes and crashes to the xbox home screen. And I still here weird clicking and beeping noises while I play.

2 hours ago, Varun723 said:

No, just while racing. It freezes and crashes to the xbox home screen. And I still here weird clicking and beeping noises while I play.

You'll probably be told to make a new thread as it's unrelated to this threads issue. 

1 hour ago, Varun723 said:

I did on August 13th but havent had even 1 response on it.

@BarryBL What gives?

On one of my threads they kept asking for more info, but I couldn't give any more info as I gave a full bug report, code, video evidence, what more could I possibly give other than inviting them into my home and seeing the issue with their own eyes?! After that it was ignored.