Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes

20 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

On one of my threads they kept asking for more info, but I couldn't give any more info as I gave a full bug report, code, video evidence, what more could I possibly give other than inviting them into my home and seeing the issue with their own eyes?! After that it was ignored. 

He saw my post here and finally responded to me on my other thread. I'm hoping they can offer some solution to this.

Came back to try to play this again after being unable to play since buying at launch for $70. Still crashes my Xbox series x and is utterly unplayable. This is beyond pathetic. I've never had a game in my years of gaming make me feel like I was truly stolen from until this awful excuse for a game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
On 10/2/2021 at 10:50 PM, Lukebee said:

Came back to try to play this again after being unable to play since buying at launch for $70. Still crashes my Xbox series x and is utterly unplayable. This is beyond pathetic. I've never had a game in my years of gaming make me feel like I was truly stolen from until this awful excuse for a game.

Is yours still crashing during cutscenes and/or replays/highlights? 

For the majority and myself, the latest patch solved this problem, but I agree this game released in a terrible state. It's the CP2077 of racing games, pathetic and CM should hang their heads in shame. 

2 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

Is yours still crashing during cutscenes and/or replays/highlights? 

For the majority and myself, the latest patch solved this problem, but I agree this game released in a terrible state. It's the CP2077 of racing games, pathetic and CM should hang their heads in shame. 

I'll admit it is better than before but whereas the game would play for up to 60 second before shutting the Xbox off (not just replays/cut scenes) now i can play for 5 or 6 minutes if I'm lucky before it crashes everything. This is the only game doing this btw, no issues with any other games. I know a number of people having the same issue but they've given up on this game (not to mention there's still a ton of people who don't have next gen consoles yet, otherwise there would be even more people affected).

I agree with the comparison with CP2077 except that CP is playable so I don't feel like my money was just taken with no product in return. I'll take bugs over crashing a 700 dollar next gen consoles any day off the week. I'm happy to give my money to a dev that at least acknowledges the issue, offers refunds, and is generally apologetic about an issue. 

For a game that is almost entirely copy-pasted from last year this is one of the laziest unapologetically bad releases I've seen. Pathetic and shameful indeed.

• Agree 1
On 10/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, Lukebee said:

I'll admit it is better than before but whereas the game would play for up to 60 second before shutting the Xbox off (not just replays/cut scenes) now i can play for 5 or 6 minutes if I'm lucky before it crashes everything. This is the only game doing this btw, no issues with any other games. I know a number of people having the same issue but they've given up on this game (not to mention there's still a ton of people who don't have next gen consoles yet, otherwise there would be even more people affected).

I agree with the comparison with CP2077 except that CP is playable so I don't feel like my money was just taken with no product in return. I'll take bugs over crashing a 700 dollar next gen consoles any day off the week. I'm happy to give my money to a dev that at least acknowledges the issue, offers refunds, and is generally apologetic about an issue. 

For a game that is almost entirely copy-pasted from last year this is one of the laziest unapologetically bad releases I've seen. Pathetic and shameful indeed.

Well as far as CP2077 is concerned, the only bugs I had was performance related with FPS drops. Otherwise it was flawless, yes I know it's a hyperbole but I don't see performance issues as bugs, personally. It was a fantastic game and I loved all 150 hours of it! Waiting for NG+ before delving back in with Street Kid playthrough and then Corpo play through. CDPR were quite vocal with how they would support the game, fix the bugs and fairly apologetic, can't say CM/EA have done anything remotely close. I've also heard Fifa 22 has it's own fair share of bugs and is unplayable for some people. 

Back on topic with F1 2021, the only thing I can suggest is maybe uninstall and reinstall. All the bugs with F1 2021 has largely put me off playing it unlike with F1 2020 which I couldn't put down! For me, it's the worst release since F1 2010 and the lack of comms from CM is pathetic, again I agree and sympathise with you. I tried to get a refund for this but Amazon UK said to go to EA, EA said to go to Microsoft, Microsoft said to go to EA. EA stopped replying. Absolute shambles. I've been fairly vocal on here and the socials about this. My player is currently stuck as Sainz, I know there's a patch coming to solve this but no idea when it is actually coming. Last correspondence I've seen is that it's not coming in the next patch (1.11) but the one after (1.12). 

I feel for BarryBL who is effectively in the firing line, I don't think I could do his job. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

Well as far as CP2077 is concerned, the only bugs I had was performance related with FPS drops. Otherwise it was flawless, yes I know it's a hyperbole but I don't see performance issues as bugs, personally. It was a fantastic game and I loved all 150 hours of it! Waiting for NG+ before delving back in with Street Kid playthrough and then Corpo play through. CDPR were quite vocal with how they would support the game, fix the bugs and fairly apologetic, can't say CM/EA have done anything remotely close. I've also heard Fifa 22 has it's own fair share of bugs and is unplayable for some people. 

Back on topic with F1 2021, the only thing I can suggest is maybe uninstall and reinstall. All the bugs with F1 2021 has largely put me off playing it unlike with F1 2020 which I couldn't put down! For me, it's the worst release since F1 2010 and the lack of comms from CM is pathetic, again I agree and sympathise with you. I tried to get a refund for this but Amazon UK said to go to EA, EA said to go to Microsoft, Microsoft said to go to EA. EA stopped replying. Absolute shambles. I've been fairly vocal on here and the socials about this. My player is currently stuck as Sainz, I know there's a patch coming to solve this but no idea when it is actually coming. Last correspondence I've seen is that it's not coming in the next patch (1.11) but the one after (1.12). 

I feel for BarryBL who is effectively in the firing line, I don't think I could do his job. 

Thanks for the reply-- your post could have easily come from me as it is almost exactly my experience and thoughts!

Agreed, I actually loved CP and am doing the same, waiting for additional content before additional playthrough's but I've been excited to and almost have dinner so on a couple occasions until I told myself to be patient and that the "make wet surfaces look really wet" patch isn't a big enough update for that yet haha. But I really liked it and found it to be one of the more engaging games I've played in a long time where I got truly sucked in to the world and was sad when I finished it. Again everything you said about the faults of it and the response from CDPR, and the comparison of the handling it with f1 21 are my thoughts exactly and I won't expand on it as I don't think I could put it better.

And again, I hate to say I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said but I do feel the same way in that I couldn't put f1 2020 down (and the same goes for 2019). I'd like to say I might feel the same about 2021 but when you have a game you paid so much for repeatedly shutting a new, next gen console down repeatedly-- even in menus it is one of the most maddening feelings. I can't describe the fury I feel having to walk over to my new console over and over to physically press the button to power it back on because this game (and only this game) shuts it down without my even being able to complete a lap in single player (again, this is if I'm lucky-- if I'm not it will have crashed on the loading screens).

Thanks again for your thoughts, and suggestion! I will try to uninstall and reinstall again as I haven't recently (though this has been done 3 times already if I'm not mistaken). I don't recall if I've tried after most recent patch so I'll do that. I only play single player so far and you would think this would be the one game mode tested and QA'd to ensure it runs and runs smoothly especially on the next gen consoles, but I'll not rehash the myriad of letdowns and rant about the amateurish release of this game any further at this time. That would take A LOT of time 😑

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lukebee said:

Thanks for the reply-- your post could have easily come from me as it is almost exactly my experience and thoughts!

Agreed, I actually loved CP and am doing the same, waiting for additional content before additional playthrough's but I've been excited to and almost have dinner so on a couple occasions until I told myself to be patient and that the "make wet surfaces look really wet" patch isn't a big enough update for that yet haha. But I really liked it and found it to be one of the more engaging games I've played in a long time where I got truly sucked in to the world and was sad when I finished it. Again everything you said about the faults of it and the response from CDPR, and the comparison of the handling it with f1 21 are my thoughts exactly and I won't expand on it as I don't think I could put it better.

And again, I hate to say I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said but I do feel the same way in that I couldn't put f1 2020 down (and the same goes for 2019). I'd like to say I might feel the same about 2021 but when you have a game you paid so much for repeatedly shutting a new, next gen console down repeatedly-- even in menus it is one of the most maddening feelings. I can't describe the fury I feel having to walk over to my new console over and over to physically press the button to power it back on because this game (and only this game) shuts it down without my even being able to complete a lap in single player (again, this is if I'm lucky-- if I'm not it will have crashed on the loading screens).

Thanks again for your thoughts, and suggestion! I will try to uninstall and reinstall again as I haven't recently (though this has been done 3 times already if I'm not mistaken). I don't recall if I've tried after most recent patch so I'll do that. I only play single player so far and you would think this would be the one game mode tested and QA'd to ensure it runs and runs smoothly especially on the next gen consoles, but I'll not rehash the myriad of letdowns and rant about the amateurish release of this game any further at this time. That would take A LOT of time 😑

I think if the install/uninstall doesn't work, you may need to reset your console but I don't think its console related, as like you, only F1 2021 gave me issues. Other games are fine. 

If the suggestion doesn't work, make a new thread and tag BarryBL and hopefully he can pass it on to devs to get it fixed. 

On 7/23/2021 at 3:58 AM, Varun723 said:

I'm having the same problem on Xbox series X

Description of the Issue: F1 2021 keeps crashing to the home screen. I can launch the game and it's fine in the menus, but when I start racing that's when I face problems. I can last 7-8 laps in a regular free-play Grand Prix before it crashes to the Xbox home screen, but I can only manage 5-6 laps on Braking Point before the crash. I had this problem from the moment I first started playing the game, but at the time I would just re-launch the game and Braking Point would allow me to progress. However, I'm now at Zandvoort in Season 2 and only get to lap 5 or 6 before it crashes to the Xbox home screen. I've tried a variety of fixes (listed below), none have worked, but as a result of those actions I now hear constant beeping and clicking noises on my headphones / speakers during the race. As it stands the game is unplayable.

Platform: Xbox Series X 

Game mode: F1 2021 free-play Grand Prix & Braking Point

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?:

- Yes, I just need to play the game and it happens without fail.

• How do you make the problem happen?

- I try to play a Grand Prix or Braking Point and it happens automatically after a few laps.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

- Reinstalling the game, deleting and downloading my Xbox profile, deleting and re-syncing my saved game files, power cycling the xbox console, clearing cache. 

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

- Xbox Series X controller

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

- I've uploaded a recording here, the same thing happens on Braking Point and during freeplay. Happens 3 minutes 40 seconds in https://youtu.be/hCy2I867pPk

Same for me in september and october. 

Xbox series S

Description of the Issue: F1 2021 keeps crashing to the home screen. I can launch the game and it's fine in the menus, but when I start racing that's when I face problems. I can last 7-8 laps in a regular free-play Grand Prix before it crashes to the Xbox home screen, but I can only manage 5-6 laps on Braking Point before the crash. I had this problem from the moment I first started playing the game, but at the time I would just re-launch the game and Braking Point would allow me to progress. However, I'm now at Zandvoort in Season 2 and only get to lap 5 or 6 before it crashes to the Xbox home screen. I've tried a variety of fixes (listed below), none have worked, but as a result of those actions I now hear constant beeping and clicking noises on my headphones / speakers during the race. As it stands the game is unplayable.

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?:

- I try to play a Grand Prix or Braking Point and it happens automatically after a few laps.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

- Reinstalling the game, deleting and downloading my Xbox profile, deleting and re-syncing my saved game files, power cycling the xbox console, clearing cache. 

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

- I've uploaded a recording here, the same thing happens on Braking Point and during freeplay. Happens 3 minutes 40 seconds in https://youtu.be/hCy2I867pPk

Same for me in september och october.

Xbox series S.

Same for me in september and october.

Xbox series S

• Agree 1

Had the game update this evening on my Xbox Series X, so had high hopes... No, on this occasion, I couldn't even make it to the first corner! After trying to resume from a first-corner flashback, the game froze (as I've become used to), and the game force-closed my console. Not trying this again, three months is enough. Have reported to Xbox, but didn't get a confirmation that it has sent, unable to request a refund direct from their refund page... How the hell do I get my money back?

• Agree 1

I am in the exact same boat. 

it’s beyond a joke. I’ve tried everything you have and still nothing worked. Got digital and hard copy and did no different. It’s the only game that does this but I can’t get answer legit fix from code masters. 

• Agree 2
On 10/15/2021 at 11:53 PM, Albie175 said:

Had the game update this evening on my Xbox Series X, so had high hopes... No, on this occasion, I couldn't even make it to the first corner! After trying to resume from a first-corner flashback, the game froze (as I've become used to), and the game force-closed my console. Not trying this again, three months is enough. Have reported to Xbox, but didn't get a confirmation that it has sent, unable to request a refund direct from their refund page... How the hell do I get my money back?

Like you, I tried and couldn't get a refund from anyone. 

• Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Still same problem after update 1.13

Xbox series S.

Same. Series x Won't be trying again as I've tried since launch. Its been extremely obvious since launch this company truly doesn't care once they have your money. I'm done. I won't give them another dime. What a huge middle finger to the people who bought this year after year. Right back at you EA/Codemasters.

Don't know if its related to this, but micro stuttering and jitter of the car in highlights/flashback/theatre mode with quality mode on is awful it never runs right on Xbox Series X, it looks terrible. I have made a separate fault report about it. 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:44 AM, TomAAA said:

Don't know if its related to this, but micro stuttering and jitter of the car in highlights/flashback/theatre mode with quality mode on is awful it never runs right on Xbox Series X, it looks terrible. I have made a separate fault report about it. 

Yeah I've noticed the same. Quality mode has issues! I play in Performance mode to get over this but that in itself has graphical issues. I've created a thread for this but I keep being asked for more evidence, even though I can't give any more. Thread was then ignored. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1

The pre-race and post-race sequences in Quality mode, that seem to use some kind of higher quality graphics settings, still run at like 20 fps on many tracks. There's visible stutter and also screen tearing.

also cant play on the ps5, i already tried all the recommended stuff, like uninstall, reinstall, deleted the save games, even reset the ps5 to factory settings, its the only game with this issue, wich is incredible, because it was running fine for 2 months i guess, now i can even start a session, or like 60 seconds in a race the game frozes, this sucks

I'm having the same problem on Xbox series X

Description of the Issue: F1 2021 keeps crashing to the home screen. I can launch the game and it's fine in the menus, but when I start racing that's when I face problems. I can last 7-8 laps in a regular free-play Grand Prix before it crashes to the Xbox home screen, but I can only manage 5-6 laps on Braking Point before the crash. I had this problem from the moment I first started playing the game, but at the time I would just re-launch the game and Braking Point would allow me to progress. However, I'm now at Zandvoort in Season 2 and only get to lap 5 or 6 before it crashes to the Xbox home screen. I've tried a variety of fixes (listed below), none have worked, but as a result of those actions I now hear constant beeping and clicking noises on my headphones / speakers during the race. As it stands the game is unplayable.

Platform: Xbox Series X 

Game mode: F1 2021 free-play Grand Prix & Braking Point

- Yes, I just need to play the game and it happens without fail.

- I try to play a Grand Prix or Braking Point and it happens automatically after a few laps.

- Reinstalling the game, deleting and downloading my Xbox profile, deleting and re-syncing my saved game files, power cycling the xbox console, clearing cache. 

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

- I've uploaded a recording here, the same thing happens on Braking Point and during freeplay. Happens 3 minutes 40 seconds in https://youtu.be/hCy2I867pPk

----

Still same problem after update 1.14

Xbox series S.

Edited by Jappe1991