Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes

8 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all, 

A short update here. 

We have some fixes currently in test as we have replicated issues where the Xbox is overheating in some circumstances. We are working hard to get this into you as soon as possible but want the fixes to be thoroughly tested before release

Overheating?  So... should we stop playing the game if that's the case?   If so; what are you guys going to do to make this right for those of us who have spent cash on a product we can't use that's putting our $600 consoles at risk?

1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

Overheating?  So... should we stop playing the game if that's the case?   If so; what are you guys going to do to make this right for those of us who have spent cash on a product we can't use that's putting our $600 consoles at risk?

You are choosing to use the console so I’d make like the previous suggestion, to not use it until the issue is resolved.

Standard limited liability means the console is your loss not Codemasters responsibility.

Your only and exclusive remediation is the price paid for the game and you would have to prove that was the cause of your loss. It’s in the EULA. 

Not saying this to be clever but just advice, it’s your XBox and your choice.

It’s not a risk I’d take if I couldn’t afford to replace the console, at least check here for patch release and notes.

22 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You are choosing to use the console so I’d make like the previous suggestion, to not use it until the issue is resolved.

Standard limited liability means the console is your loss not Codemasters responsibility.

Your only and exclusive remediation is the price paid for the game and you would have to prove that was the cause of your loss. It’s in the EULA. 

It’s not a risk I’d take if I couldn’t afford to replace the console, at least check here for patch release and notes.

Fantastic, spend 70 dabs for the ultimate edition to be told if it bricks your console you chose to play it. 70 quid and the games not working properly. All this despite there not being an official release of the issue despite it being fairly widespread now according to the Facebook groups and this forum and moderators acknowledging it's potentially lethal to your Xbox series x/s. Your a moderator. Doesnt fill me with any confidence. I just want to know when it will be sorted so I can play the game I paid for. What a shambles. Non committal, non helpful and a waste of time. Get some info and let us have a clear lead time on a fix. 

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Typical response...   good luck enforcing that.  You guys are just now documenting the issue two weeks later that it's your BROKEN game that is overheating consoles.  You expect that to be my fault?  Good luck with that one guys.  Maybe make an official statement on the Codies twitter account to warn people who aren't visiting the forums?  Or, are the developers just content to let it potentially ruin people's consoles who may not be aware?

This is the response we get?  What a joke.  There's no other way to put it.   Your EULA agreement don't mean a thing when it causes property damage.   Just like the waiver you agree to when you purchase a ticket to a baseball game that says the club or stadium isn't responsible if you get hurt; but guess what, people get hit with foul balls or bats all the time and file lawsuits... guess what... that waiver/agreement don't mean a thing.

So rather than play politics, how about you guys make this news public so others aren't affected and just refund us our money for this game that's potentially damaging our consoles.   Trust me if mine has issues from here on out it WILL be EA/Codemasters' problem not just for me, but for all affected, I'll make damn sure of that.   I'll be chatting with MS and EA tomorrow and honestly I hope they go the Cyberpunk route and pull this from the stores to potentially save thousands of Xbox consoles because of Codemaster's negligence.

Do the right thing, make this public knowledge for all users who aren't checking this forum daily so this issue doesn't destroy consoles that you guys won't claim responsibility for even though everyone knows who's responsibility it is.   Hopefully there's others on twitter here who will take this public so others know you won't stand behind your product or support your customers, or even make users aware there's a potential issue that could be caused to their consoles rather than just hiding behind your EULA? 

I'll be contacting MS tomorrow on this matter that's for sure along with several gaming media outlets (some of which I've already reached out to) in hopes they at least do the right thing to notify the public. In the meantime, hopefully some of you other players affected by this will do just that.  It's time to expose this matter since they don't want to.

Lastly; I again ask what's the plan for those of us who now can't play the game we paid for while we wait who knows how long until we can?  What about the damage it may have already potentially caused BEFORE you guys have notified us here?  What about those who are still playing unaware that it's potentially destroying their consoles?  How about making an official announcement for all Xbox players now rather than hiding behind a EULA?

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Typical response...   good luck enforcing that.  You guys are just now documenting the issue two weeks later that it's your BROKEN game that is overheating consoles.  You expect that to be my fault?  Good luck with that one guys.  Maybe make an official statement on the Codies twitter account to warn people who aren't visiting the forums?  Or, are the developers just content to let it potentially ruin people's consoles who may not be aware?

This is the response we get?  What a joke.  There's no other way to put it.   Your EULA agreement don't mean a thing when it causes property damage.   Just like the waiver you agree to when you purchase a ticket to a baseball game that says the club or stadium isn't responsible if you get hurt; but guess what, people get hit with foul balls or bats all the time and file lawsuits... guess what... that waiver/agreement don't mean a thing.

So rather than play politics, how about you guys make this news public so others aren't affected and just refund us our money for this game that's potentially damaging our consoles.   Trust me if mine has issues from here on out it WILL be EA/Codemasters' problem not just for me, but for all affected, I'll make damn sure of that.   I'll be chatting with MS and EA tomorrow and honestly I hope they go the Cyberpunk route and pull this from the stores to potentially save thousands of Xbox consoles because of Codemaster's negligence.

Do the right thing, make this public knowledge for all users who aren't checking this forum daily so this issue doesn't destroy consoles that you guys won't claim responsibility for even though everyone knows who's responsibility it is.   Hopefully there's others on twitter here who will take this public so others know you won't stand behind your product or support your customers, or even make users aware there's a potential issue that could be caused to their consoles rather than just hiding behind your EULA? 

I'll be contacting MS tomorrow on this matter that's for sure along with several gaming media outlets (some of which I've already reached out to) in hopes they at least do the right thing to notify the public. In the meantime, hopefully some of you other players affected by this will do just that.  It's time to expose this matter since they don't want to.

Lastly; I again ask what's the plan for those of us who now can't play the game we paid for while we wait who knows how long until we can?  What about the damage it may have already potentially caused BEFORE you guys have notified us here?  What about those who are still playing unaware that it's potentially destroying their consoles?  How about making an official announcement for all Xbox players now rather than hiding behind a EULA?

No one is hiding behind a EULA, get a grip.

Issue is not widespread if it can't be replicated. And it is not widely replicated that is obvious. The advice I've given is mine - you have no remediation for your broken console if you choose to continue to play it when it's obviously overheating.

If it's not overheating your console - and some are reporting shutdowns and not heat, then it won't harm it. Some are obviously able to play without detriment.

But again, I advise you to read the EULA with respect to the potential detriment to yourself that you're posing.

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Issue is not widespread if it can't be replicated. And it is not widely replicated that is obvious. The advice I've given is mine - you have no remediation for your broken console if you choose to continue to play it when it's obviously overheating.

If it's not overheating your console - and some are reporting shutdowns and not heat, then it won't harm it. Some are obviously able to play without detriment.

But again, I advise you to read the EULA with respect to the potential detriment to yourself that you're posing.

I have a Facebook post to the contrary.  And this forum has enough people sharing It's fairly widespread. Whether or not it overheats the console is irrelevant. If it shuts down the console unintendedly then it's a bug. Needs sorting. Codemasters happy to take my money year on year. I was in the beta program too. This isn't right and frankly your attitude is abysmal. Whether or not your an employee or not your representing the view of the company and telling people not to play the game they paid for because of something out of there control. Disgusting. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Elmarto88 said:

I have a Facebook post to the contrary.  And this forum has enough people sharing It's fairly widespread. Whether or not it overheats the console is irrelevant. If it shuts down the console unintendedly then it's a bug. Needs sorting. Codemasters happy to take my money year on year. I was in the beta program too. This isn't right and frankly your attitude is abysmal. Whether or not your an employee or not your representing the view of the company and telling people not to play the game they paid for because of something out of there control. Disgusting. 

Only people with issues are posting here. No one is denying a bug, the advice was to not play the game if it is causing your console to overheat.

Please read the EULA, this is gaming 101. 

If you go to a doctor and say "It hurts when I do this" the advice is "don't do it then". 

They would think you pretty stupid if you ignored that advice and continued to do it and then suffered a consequence. Would you sue the doctor for not finding out what is wrong with you? He can only diagnose what is presented. 

You can see this issue is being investigated, just be patient and wait for the investigation to be concluded. 

I don't see the relevance of you being in the beta program - unless you mean you explicitly signed up to terms that the product may not behave as intended? 

People seemingly outraged that I hold an opinion and offer genuine advice - up to you all if you heed it. Up to you if you continue to risk damage to your equipment, as I've pointed out there will be no recourse for you if you continue.

25 minutes ago, Elmarto88 said:

If it shuts down the console unintendedly then it's a bug. Needs sorting.

In case you or anyone else is unaware, BarryBL works for Codemasters, and has posted in this very thread to acknowledge the XBOX console overheating/shutting down issue and has stated that a solution is being worked on.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 3

My Xbox Series S overheats and switches off every time I host a lobby that has short quali/50% race. It will also do it during 5 lappers occasionally weather I'm host or not. The game locks up and slowly the xbox begins to lag and freeze then it turns off with the fan going insane. 

Does 1.05 address this on Xbox @BarryBL because it cant be good for the consoles and makes the game unplayable.

• Administrator

Hi all,

As @Ultra3142 rightly said, updates on issues will come from me or the Codemasters staff. So, to update, we are testing a fix for this. We don't have a timeframe as of yet, but its on our critical agenda at this time.

Should the testing be successful, we currently have this scheduled for the next major patch. As always, this is subject to change due to any developments with the issue. 

5 minutes ago, Elmarto88 said:

When is the next major patch due to land @BarryBL

If they are on the same schedule as the last game major patches and updates will come bundled with the new podium pass content at the end of this series for when the new one starts. They also did mid point patches a few times on the last game.

• Disagree 1

@TFBISE16Well if that's the case I have a long wait to play the game again. Truly devastating this. F1 is my main game, the one I play everyday. @BarryBLWould they do an interim patch earlier to address this if a fix is found or does it have to be with the release of a major patch?

5 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

If they are on the same schedule as the last game major patches and updates will come bundled with the new podium pass content at the end of this series for when the new one starts. They also did mid point patches a few times on the last game.

Past and current experience shows there is no reason to think important game fixes will be unnecessarily delayed like this.

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Get a grip?  I'm using a product from Codemaster's that may or may not be overheating and/or damaging my console that I spent about $700 on.  I have a complete grip on the situation here; thanks.  Quite frankly I think it's you and the team at Codemasters that need to get a grip on the situation here.

It certainly can be replicated.  It's happened to me more times than I can count and always during the post race celebrations or in replay mode when the game seems to suffer visually and performance wise.  I can't give more information than what I already have in my bug report because it shuts my console down randomly. 

How do I know it's obviously overheating or even overheating at all?  It just shuts off.  It's warm, but it sometimes can be playing anything.  So how am I supposed to know if it is overheating or not? Is there a way for us to tell?  I'm being serious here; is there a way I can tell if it's just a shut down, or if it's shutting down because it's overheating?   These are the types of things you guys should be telling us, not telling your customers to read the EULA. 

We've already touch on the EULA and I'll leave it at that.  It's a scare tactic just like every other waiver.  They usually never hold up in cases like this.  I see it all the time.

Edited by petro1319
2 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Get a grip?  I'm using a product from Codemaster's that may or may not be overheating my console that I spent about $700 on.  I have a complete grip on the situation here; thanks.  Quite frankly I think it's you and the team at Codemasters that need to get a grip on the situation here.

It certainly can be replicated.  It's happened to me more times than I can count.  I can't give more information than what I already have in my bug report because it shuts my console down randomly. 

How do I know it's obviously overheating or even overheating at all?  It just shuts off.  It's warm, but it sometimes can be playing anything.  So how am I supposed to know if it is overheating or not? Is there a way for us to tell?  

We've already touch on the EULA and I'll leave it at that.  It's a scare tactic just like every other waiver.  They usually never hold up in cases like this. 

I have reported his responses as conduct unbecoming a moderator. He's shouldn't be banding expressions like that about and undermining the way you feel about a situation that impacts you financially and as a consumer. If your like me you have had every single F1 game they have produced and when something isn't right your entitled to an opinion and voice.  Not good when the moderator is patronising and condescending. @steviejay69 needs to take a look at himself. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
14 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Get a grip?  I'm using a product from Codemaster's that may or may not be overheating and/or damaging my console that I spent about $700 on.  I have a complete grip on the situation here; thanks.  Quite frankly I think it's you and the team at Codemasters that need to get a grip on the situation here.

It certainly can be replicated.  It's happened to me more times than I can count and always during the post race celebrations or in replay mode when the game seems to suffer visually and performance wise.  I can't give more information than what I already have in my bug report because it shuts my console down randomly. 

How do I know it's obviously overheating or even overheating at all?  It just shuts off.  It's warm, but it sometimes can be playing anything.  So how am I supposed to know if it is overheating or not? Is there a way for us to tell?  I'm being serious here; is there a way I can tell if it's just a shut down, or if it's shutting down because it's overheating?   These are the types of things you guys should be telling us, not telling your customers to read the EULA. 

We've already touch on the EULA and I'll leave it at that.  It's a scare tactic just like every other waiver.  They usually never hold up in cases like this.  I see it all the time.

Only someone who would employ a scare tactic could see it as one. It's advice. You don't like it, fine.

Please don't tell me you're being serious about whether or not a console is overheating and how to tell?

56 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Only someone who would employ a scare tactic could see it as one. It's advice. You don't like it, fine.

Please don't tell me you're being serious about whether or not a console is overheating and how to tell?

To your first point, you're wrong.  It just happens to be what I deal with quite often in my daily life at work, but whatever.  Continue with your condescending tone towards your customers; that's fine as there isn't much need to discuss the EULA side of this here any further.

Again, I was genuinely asking the question for a reason; because I'm seeking an answer.  It was stated some are overheating, some are simply shutting down which implies no overheating issue.  So... yes, how exactly do we tell?   My console is on right now simply downloading Microsoft Flight Sim updates; it's warm and there is warm air coming out of it as usual.  It seems fairly the same when my console shuts down playing F1 2021; maybe it's a touch warmer but I don't know for certain.  So yes; I'm seeking an answer here, not another condescending response.   Isn't that the point of these forums, for us to report bugs and discuss them and seek technical help from the team at Codemasters?   I checked it the last time it shut down on me before I made my bug report last week or so and eventually stopped playing and it felt similar to how it does now; so yeah how do I tell if it's shutting down because the game's software has caused it to overheat; or is it simply shutting down due to whatever this glitch or bug may be?

Edited by petro1319

I'm getting crashes too, in breaking point after races and sometimes watching replays.

I think it has something to do with flashbacks as if I don't use them or only use a few, it doesn't crash. 

19 hours ago, petro1319 said:

To your first point, you're wrong.  It just happens to be what I deal with quite often in my daily life at work, but whatever.  Continue with your condescending tone towards your customers; that's fine as there isn't much need to discuss the EULA side of this here any further.

Again, I was genuinely asking the question for a reason; because I'm seeking an answer.  It was stated some are overheating, some are simply shutting down which implies no overheating issue.  So... yes, how exactly do we tell?   My console is on right now simply downloading Microsoft Flight Sim updates; it's warm and there is warm air coming out of it as usual.  It seems fairly the same when my console shuts down playing F1 2021; maybe it's a touch warmer but I don't know for certain.  So yes; I'm seeking an answer here, not another condescending response.   Isn't that the point of these forums, for us to report bugs and discuss them and seek technical help from the team at Codemasters?   I checked it the last time it shut down on me before I made my bug report last week or so and eventually stopped playing and it felt similar to how it does now; so yeah how do I tell if it's shutting down because the game's software has caused it to overheat; or is it simply shutting down due to whatever this glitch or bug may be?

When my One X would overheat and shut down, the next time I turned it back on, I'd get a message saying "your xbox has overheated". I don't get the same with Series X when it unexpectedly shuts down, but I'd assume it would be the same message. 

3 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

I'm getting crashes too, in breaking point after races and sometimes watching replays.

I think it has something to do with flashbacks as if I don't use them or only use a few, it doesn't crash. 

I thought so too at first, but for me it seems to go down even without using any flashbacks at all.

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

I just want to clear the air here, as its got into a rather tense and hostile thread.

To absolutely clarify the official stance on this issue, we have a fix for this in test and are working as hard as we can to get this out to you. We do understand the frustration here, and this issue has been referred to the appropriate teams to get this one out as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we work towards a solution for this issue.

Many thanks,

Barry.

• Hoo changed the title to F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes