Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes

10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I just want to clear the air here, as its got into a rather tense and hostile thread.

To absolutely clarify the official stance on this issue, we have a fix for this in test and are working as hard as we can to get this out to you. We do understand the frustration here, and this issue has been referred to the appropriate teams to get this one out as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we work towards a solution for this issue.

Many thanks,

Barry.

Yes, perfectly understand and appreciate your efforts here so thanks @BarryBL any updates you can provide would be great going forward. What I was opposed to is the attitude of @steviejay69 exasperating the situation with his very nonchalant and dismissive language to other users. We just love the game and want to play it unencumbered by worries about whether or not it's going to do some damage to our rare and expensive hardware. 

• Agree 2
  • Administrator
Just now, Elmarto88 said:

Yes, perfectly understand and appreciate your efforts here so thanks @BarryBL any updates you can provide would be great going forward. What I was opposed to is the attitude of @steviejay69 exasperating the situation with his very nonchalant and dismissive language to other users. We just love the game and want to play it unencumbered by worries about whether or not it's going to do some damage to our rare and expensive hardware. 

Has been discussed with the users in question in private. @Elmarto88, we appreciate this and are working towards getting this sorted 👍

this game is an absolute joke, raced on mexico, after safety car restart they piled(weird glitch) up near T1 and i could go around, took the lead, because of changing weather i decided to stay out when AI pitted, so in the end i won with 10 sec lead. so i was watching the replay of that incident because i wanted to record it then my xbox rebooted, like ***, so went to my career again after reboot, guess what? i have to do mexico again, lol 50% race

14 minutes ago, xZenKiiv said:

Just happened to me on replay mode! Scared the life out of me 😂 

I have been playing little and often with no adverse affects but annoying that I can't just sesh it like I used to. @BarryBL any news on the launch for the fix?

17 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Fully agree, despicable behaviour and words by a moderator. 

@BarryBL has advised that the people involved were contacted regarding this so as far as I am concerned it's over. I would just like to know when a fix is likely at this point. Really getting me down now. Love this game but can't do more than 25 percent race weekends for fear of over exerting my hardware into a shutdown until the fix is live. Have no issues with my hardware on any other game even black ops cold war that was buggy as hell with ray tracing etc.. 

Edited by Elmarto88
Spelling
  • Agree 2
  • Administrator

Hi @Elmarto88,

Short update here.

The fixes we have to address potential overheating issues have completed testing, and are now scheduled for a patch. We have no exact ETA at this time for when this will go live, but once I have information, I'll let you know 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Elmarto88,

Short update here.

The fixes we have to address overheating issues have completed testing, and are now scheduled for a patch. We have no exact ETA at this time for when this will go live, but once I have information, I'll let you know 👍

Thanks for the updates @BarryBL.

Do you know if this fix will address the issue where consoles are shutting down without getting a “overheated” message as well? Perhaps they have come to the conclusion that it’s the same issue but with different outcomes (with overheating message and without overheating message)?

1 hour ago, Btrgamble said:

Thanks for the updates @BarryBL.

Do you know if this fix will address the issue where consoles are shutting down without getting a “overheated” message as well? Perhaps they have come to the conclusion that it’s the same issue but with different outcomes (with overheating message and without overheating message)?

@Btrgamble yes that's the fix they are working on. Sometimes it overheats and does failsafe without message but it's the game that causes it 100 percent. @BarryBL cheers for the update, let us know when you get a solid date. 

• Thanks 1

After today’s update, I’ve not had any issues with the game crashing/shutting down my Series X. Not sure if it’s a coincidence, as it seems this particular fix wasn’t part of this patch, but had three races and watched all scenes and highlights with no shutdowns.

Hopefully the next patch fixes it for everyone else!

Appreciate all the hard work from the Codemasters team.

My console has shut down twice tonight due to this very issue. Attempting to view a replay from my online coop career in theatre mode, full shutdown about 5 seconds in, twice. So i do not believe that 1.05 has fixed this (also it went out on other platforms before Barry's last update) 

Edited by Rango
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, mikyesposto95 said:

i wanted to report a couple of problems i had on series x: 1 the game audio suddenly drops down when the engineer starts talking 2 there are problems with the textures of the cars, you see the shadows flashing on the rear wing and also in others parts of the car 3 online when you choose a full weekend, after free practice some users get stuck in the pits during qualifying and there is no chance to get on track 4 there are invisible bumps in some tracks that make the car jump and in most cases it ends in an accident @BarryBL

HI @mikyesposto95, Please do so correctly in full bug reports on separate threads, thanks.

• steviejay69 changed the title to F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S

Came to the forum to report this same Xbox Series X crash issue when watching the highlights after a race (no "overheating message" though), found this thread and see its clearly documented and being worked on. When I went back into the game after the hard system crash it did show a "report code", I don't know how those work (does it display the code for the previous crash when you reboot and go back into the game?), but figured I'd supply it anyway: 

RDGA-KBJP-MCAB-GTJG

For what its worth 🙂

And one suggestion: Why doesn't the game save the current state/result of the race when you're on the race results screen? I tried to watch the highlights after completing my race in My Team, it crashed a few seconds into playback; when I rebooted and went back into the game its back at the start of the race, I have to do it all over again. I would have expected it to resume at the results screen. 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:07 AM, BarryBL said:

Hey @ Elmarto88,

Short update here.

The fixes we have to address potential overheating issues have completed testing, and are now scheduled for a patch. We have no exact ETA at this time for when this will go live, but once I have information, I'll let you know 👍

Please, we need this to be fixed.

Today, for the THIRD TIME, my Series X shut down and came back talking about overheating. This ONLY HAPPENS IN REPLAYS.

Another thing to watch out for replays: In photo mode, if I change the SHUTTER SPEED, the game goes completely crazy, the screen shakes, I need to exit photo mode...

Edited by Lagoa

The responses from steviejay69 are just  terrible. Its not personal bro, but "use at your own risk", "be patience and wait" ?  Its all bad calls...

Even more for being the Codemaster official forum and for being a MODERATOR.  

Looks like the official response from the company, really bad decision bro, sorry.  

Even though Barry is explaining to us and keeping us updated with a lot of respect, we must understand we pay a high price for the game and the console and this type of bug should not be accepted for a oficial released game.... this is VERY DANGEROUS !  

Codemasters/EA should make an official statement about this serious problem!  I hope it gets resolved soon...

• The game crashes causing a system restart whilst watching the race replay and/or race highlights after completing a race in career mode. This also occurred when watching the race highlights under the theatre tab in the home screen.
  • No code provided, as the game crashes causing a system restart.
  • Xbox Series X
  • Career Mode
  • [ONLINE] N/A
  • [ONLINE] N/A
  • [PC ONLY] N/A
  • Tried watching the highlights reel under the theatre tab in the home screen, but the game still crashes causing a system restart.
  • No screenshots or video of the issue. 
  • After completing a race in career mode, I begin watching the race replay or race highlights and during the replay/highlights (at various intervals) the game crashes causing a system restart.
  • The game crashes causing a system restart whilst watching the race replay and/or race highlights after completing a race in career mode. This also occurred when watching the race highlights under the theatre tab in the home screen.
  • No code provided, as the game crashes causing a system restart.
  • Xbox Series X
  • Career Mode
  • [ONLINE] N/A
  • [ONLINE] N/A
  • [PC ONLY] N/A
  • Tried watching the highlights reel under the theatre tab in the home screen, but the game still crashes causing a system restart.
  • No screenshots or video of the issue. 
  • After completing a race in career mode, I begin watching the race replay or race highlights and during the replay/highlights (at various intervals) the game crashes causing a system restart.

Wow paid full price for Digital Deluxe to receive a Alpha test copy. Still unplayble game. Not only the xbox shut down, also is myteam still broken. my savegame is not playable anymore since the sponsor screen is bugged. Have no interest to play it all again

refund pleeeease 😞

11 hours ago, Lagoa said:

The responses from steviejay69 are just  terrible. Its not personal bro, but "use at your own risk", "be patience and wait" ?  Its all bad calls...

Even more for being the Codemaster official forum and for being a MODERATOR.  

Looks like the official response from the company, really bad decision bro, sorry.  

Even though Barry is explaining to us and keeping us updated with a lot of respect, we must understand we pay a high price for the game and the console and this type of bug should not be accepted for a oficial released game.... this is VERY DANGEROUS !  

Codemasters/EA should make an official statement about this serious problem!  I hope it gets resolved soon...

They have a fix in hand ready to launch. Shouldn't be too much longer now. I feel your pain. We just need to patient now as difficult as that may be. @BarryBLwill be in touch with a solid date when he has one. As I understand it they have to work with MS to deliver the patch which slows it somewhat. 

1 hour ago, Elmarto88 said:

They have a fix in hand ready to launch. Shouldn't be too much longer now. I feel your pain. We just need to patient now as difficult as that may be. @BarryBLwill be in touch with a solid date when he has one. As I understand it they have to work with MS to deliver the patch which slows it somewhat. 

MS will need to certify it before it is pushed out to players. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Hoo changed the title to F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes