Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes

Btrgamble

Hello
I am writing to inform you of a bug I am having when I am playing a game. The bug I have is as follows.
When I finish a race and I want to see the complete replay of the race or the best moments of the race, when I start the replay, the game crashes and the video console also crashes, stops working and turns itself off.
This crash happens whether I want to watch the replays once the race is over or if I want to watch a replay from the menu and the replays section.
The video console I play on is an XBOX X Series.
The game is F1 2021.

You've got the "potential over-heating issue" that's being investigated still.  My suggestion as per the other threads is stop playing the game you paid for becuase it could nuke your console and in Codie's eyes, the EULA means that's your fault.

Waiting on a patch still...   but uh, at this point I'm ready to demand my refund from MS/EA and move on with my life and stick to just watching F1 on tv

On 7/29/2021 at 9:46 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I just want to clear the air here, as its got into a rather tense and hostile thread.

To absolutely clarify the official stance on this issue, we have a fix for this in test and are working as hard as we can to get this out to you. We do understand the frustration here, and this issue has been referred to the appropriate teams to get this one out as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we work towards a solution for this issue.

Many thanks,

Barry.

Over a week now... Have we got an update on this?  I'm rather tired of having paid for a game I can't play.   Can we please get an update here? 

I also still stand by my position that it is pretty disgraceful that no official announcement has been made by the team here to try and at least prevent anyone else suffering from this issue from having their consoles potentially ruined by this bug; or whatever the problem is.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 2

News: Patch 1.06 is out (but not for Xbox yet) 😁😍 HOPE WORKS!

https://www.ea.com/games/f1/f1-2021/news/f1-2021-patch-106-notes?isLocalized=true

Patch 1.06 is out now on PC and PlayStation®, and coming to Xbox very soon. Check out what's in this patch below:

• Addressed an issue where there could be no force feedback on Thrustmaster wheels if task manager was open in the background in Windowed mode.
  • Addressed an issue where force feedback would not be active on Thrustmaster wheels when launching from a desktop shortcut.
  • Audio will no longer stutter when connecting an official Xbox headset into the controller.
  • Quick Practice will no longer cause excessive wear to components.
  • Addressed various issues with online session connectivity on Xbox.
  • Addressed high GPU usage on loading screens during Braking Point.
  • Ghosting is now set to on in Ranked sessions.
  • “League Racer” achievement/trophy can now be correctly unlocked.
  • MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.
  • UDP: LapHistoryDate will now be correctly sent for an active car after another has retired.
  • Addressed a potential crash while using photo mode.
  • Addressed a potential crash during broadcast sequences.
  • Track surface will now appear correctly for player 2 in split-screen during a wet race.
  • On-track VFX can no longer be seen by other drivers in F2™ one-shot qualifying.
  • 3D Audio for headphones has temporarily been disabled on PS5. This will be re-enabled as soon as audio issues relating to it have been resolved.
  • Car performance can now be changed after creation of a league.
  • Mid-season driver negotiations have been removed from the first season of a Real Season Start career.
  • Improved feedback given when haptic feedback is set to weak on PS5.
  • Addressed an issue where the Emirian flag could be displayed on the podium instead of the Turkish Flag.
  • Tyre wear can now be viewed on the MFD during the formation lap.
  • Rebalanced chapters 1,3,5,9 and 12 on Normal difficulty in Braking Point.
  • General stability improvements.
  • Various minor fixes.

33 minutes ago, Lagoa said:

Let's fill their twitters with this complaint! https://twitter.com/Formula1game

EA's first release and we're already seeing the way the series goes...

Typical of EA Sports...

Bro they have literally nearly nothing to do with this title other than publishing it. Basically the same team at codies. People need to realise. They aren't heavily involved in the game development here (yet). 

@BarryBL bump on the update. I know we have patch 1.06 imminent when will that land on Xbox and does it include the fix we are discussing here? 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Elmarto88 said:

Bro they have literally nearly nothing to do with this title other than publishing it. Basically the same team at codies. People need to realise. They aren't heavily involved in the game development here (yet). 

@BarryBL bump on the update. I know we have patch 1.06 imminent when will that land on Xbox and does it include the fix we are discussing here? 

We believe that fixes covered in 1.06 will help in remedying the issue. As the issue has affected users in different game modes and at different times, I'd be uncomfortable to say "100% fixed" until we see the patch go live on Xbox and we get feedback from the players affected.

Hope you understand. Was on our schedule for a while this one.

• Agree 2

Barry can you tell us, when the game reboot the series X, is a damage possible?

On weekend i go in TT and my fanatec DD2 freeze every 0.5-1hours. I never use the emergency stop on dd2 but i start tt and must use it 4 times.

And please tell me, when comes a fix for the 120fps performance mode on series X, a fix for sensitivity settings on fanatec and the performance update for cars (i read that cm would make the cars/game slower) 

3 hours ago, Elmarto88 said:

I'm not saying about the bug, but about the delay to fix and communication with customers, hiding a very serious issue that could put the Xbox Series at risk.

This is already a registered trademark of EA!

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Lagoa said:

I'm not saying about the bug, but about the delay to fix and communication with customers, hiding a very serious issue that could put the Xbox Series at risk.

This is already a registered trademark of EA!

As I said though mate, the organisation is mostly unchanged. The patch delivery is almost identical, game has taken a step forward for me this year with better mode offerings and the series x boost. If you think EA has a baring on that this early your wrong.

38 minutes ago, Elmarto88 said:

As I said though mate, the organisation is mostly unchanged. The patch delivery is almost identical, game has taken a step forward for me this year with better mode offerings and the series x boost. If you think EA has a baring on that this early your wrong.

If you like to fool yourself into thinking EA's entry into a franchise can be positive, I can't force you otherwise.

Two of the producers have already left Codemasters, a lot of content that was free in F1 2020 is now PAID, I have no reason to believe there is anything positive about EA buying Codemasters and I believe this already reflects the current game.

But as I said, I can't make you think like me. Good luck!

OBS: PATCH IS OUT FOR XBOX! 

• Agree 1

Several helmets that were available in F1 2020, in F1 2021 I needed to buy the special pack (with real $) to unlock and buy the helmets with in-game money.

Besides the absurdity that the base game is leaving without two official tracks of the season, don't you think? This is already "EA style"!

As I said, just search the history of this company. There's not much reason for me to be positive about EA buying Codemasters.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Lagoa said:

Several helmets that were available in F1 2020, in F1 2021 I needed to buy the special pack (with real $) to unlock and buy the helmets with in-game money.

Besides the absurdity that the base game is leaving without two official tracks of the season, don't you think? This is already "EA style"!

As I said, just search the history of this company. There's not much reason for me to be positive about EA buying Codemasters.

Last word on this from me but this game F1 2021 is not behind as much of a paywall as you are making out. I remember f12020 being a bit sparce on customisation content before I had done a few podium pass seasons. It was moving that way before EA bought it. Despite EA selling alot of games esp into the sports market alot of what people find wrong is nitpicking. I like this year's game alot. For you to think that a game that was so far in development as f12021 was has been influenced by EA execs is absurd. Also Free track DLC isn't something I would call an EA trademark bro. Let it happen before spitting your dummy out. 

@BarryBL I will perform some tests tonight to see what happens. Thanks for your Comms regarding this, they have been appreciated. 

Edited by Elmarto88
Spelling
  • Like 2

Interesting.  I'll have to put in some longer races tonight to try it out.  For me it only seemed to happen post race during the celebration scenes, or when viewing replay/highlights.  I'm a bit afraid to try running a couple 25% distance races though to "experiment" this.

40 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Interesting.  I'll have to put in some longer races tonight to try it out.  For me it only seemed to happen post race during the celebration scenes, or when viewing replay/highlights.  I'm a bit afraid to try running a couple 25% distance races though to "experiment" this.

Try 3 races instead?

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Try 3 races instead?

How is that going to help?  If the patch doesn't work and resolve the overheating issue and I can't typically run a 25% race without it crashing, what good will running 3 races do for me?  The whole point here is avoiding my console turning to a puddle of plastic because of this issue that is apparently "my problem" if it does damage it.

This whole issue is just ridiculous along with the communication on the "fix"  When I read the patch notes it isn't even specifically addressed as it relates to the issues I'm having.

In all honesty, I'm still awaiting the answer on determining whether this game is simply crashing my console causing it to shut down because of a bug/glitch, or if it's shutting down due to the game "overheating" it.  I've asked for clarification & it was never received.

Now the message is maybe it's fixed, try it, let us know if it's not.   Do you want me to let you know before or after my console may melt?  It's just mindblowing to me. 

Hopefully it resolves the issue for me because I've loved what little I've played so far.  However my concern is what if while I continue to "test" this game tonight and it does cause me damage due to overheating issue how are they going to respond?  My problem right?   Ok...   fingers crossed it's a non-issue.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1

• Hoo changed the title to F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic