Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes


Btrgamble
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Ha! Sorry, I missed a word out! I meant to say try 3 LAP races 🙂.

Oh; makes sense.  I never play races that short so don't know if it was causing me issues then in short races.  I typically play 25%, and that's when it would usually happen for me.  Seems like my best way to test again. 

I've searched google about overheating.   Some say they specifically get a system message when they turn the Xbox back on after the shut down that says it was shut down to prevent from overheating.  I've never gotten that message.   However I also read some places that it shuts down like that (leaving the controller on) as a way to protect itself from overheating.   Again; that's why I'm asking for clarification here and hesitant on testing this again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BarryBL  First race I run post patch...  25% Zandvoort in My Team.    Right as it cuts to the victory celebrations of the winner getting out of the car... game freezes... console shuts off.

When can we expect this to be fixed?!?!  This is ridiculous.  I'll be speaking with MS, EA, and I don't care whoever tomorrow.  I want my damn money back and I'll be requesting to send my console back to MS for repairs or a replacement if this game is causing it to overheat. 

I'm tired of being your guinea pig for testing this game that clearly wasn't ready.  One month after the game is out and I still can't finish a race without it crashing/powering down my console or apparently play it without risking the life of my console as your buggy software overheats it.

I need some answers and solutions here; this is unacceptable.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Come on, I'll try to make a very detailed post to try to help (but I feel cheated, because we're doing work testing a game that SHOULD ALREADY BE TESTED BY COMPANY).

I did two tests, in the first one, I just opened my Silverstone saved highlights, when loading, the game closed and returned to the Xbox home screen (at least it didn't turn off the console).

After that, I go to race (in Zandvoort) in my career. After the race I put it on replay, the game apparently didn't shut down my Xbox, but I noticed the replay worse than ever!

For start, artifacts appear all the time now, at various points of the screen!
F1-2021-5.png

The replays don't run smooth, they seem stuck in fast movements and I notice there's a blurry effect on the tire that didn't happen before (oh, did they create a new bug?)
IMPORTANT: This effect, only apears on RACE REPLAY, is pratice/qualify dont! I dont have any crash/shut down on pratice/qualy, so it´s a RACE REPLAY ISSUE.

F1-2021-3.png

Finally, in photo mode, I move with shutter speed, ONLY IN REPLAYS AFTER THE RACE, this happens on the screen:
F1-2021-4.png

ONE REPLAY CRASH without shut of Xbox and a terrible experience in Replay mode.

So, replay mode is TOTALLY BROKEN.... 

Edited by Lagoa
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm working with MS/XB support right now.  They're asking me to reinstall the game, so we'll see what happens in 78gb download time... so couple hours more time wasted.  Thanks Codies.

MS though is basically saying to me if it's happening in other games (which its not) then you likely have a console issue causing it to overheat and will need a repair.  If its just happening in one game, the game is either corrupted (hence their solution to try reinstalling) or there's a flaw in the game itself causing the shut down.  This could be due to an overheating issue being caused by the game itself or other software related issue potentially. 

However the MS person here did tell me that if my console indeed was shut down due to it actually overheating that I would receive a message on the console telling me such when it powers back on.  I have not seen such a message so that's encouraging news I guess.  I asked if there was potential for this to be an overheating issue and I'm just not getting the message, they told me they can not say for certain, but stress it is likely due to a software issue that may be resolved by a reinstall and if not then it may need to be resolved by the developers of the software.

Either way, ball is back in your court Codies.   I think it's time you start offering us refunds since we have no other options (especially if purchsed electronically) and we can't play this game in the month it's been out!   Waiting several more weeks at this point is flat out unacceptable.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well here's another update.   Re-installed the game fresh.  Opened it back up, loaded up the My Team save I have.  Ran the race at Zandvoort again.  Got through the race. Got out of my car and I thought it was going to crash and turn off because the cut scene just slowed right down and stuttered, but it made it through and I got onto the podium.  I then went into replay and was able to watch the race highlights, deal with Claire and eventually get back to the My Team hub.

There;s still major issues there and I dont think I'm out of the woods here yet.  As the post race scenes were playing I put my hand ontop of the console, the air coming out felt no different than when I play Madden or any other game that's never given me a problem.

@BarryBL Is it possible this is tied to game saves and the corrupt save issues in the past?  I'm still playing the save I had that I couldn't load until the last patch fixed that.   Is it maybe an issue from the old corrupt saves causing these crashes?  I'm thinking it's unlikely because I'm pretty sure this has happened to me in other modes as well but... im trying...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets go, I did my third race after patch 1.06...

After winning the race, the victory animation entered and....

GAME FROZEN, after 6s, Xbox Series X shut down!!! This time there was no "high temperature" message.

Sounds like a joke! Codemasters and EA delivered us a completely broken game! Of the last 4 times I played F1 2021, he SHUTTING OFF MY CONSOLE 3 times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been watching this thread for a while after my Series X shut off post race scene and it seems the game is still broken.  Not risked playing it again and I've requested a refund from MS but not sure I'll get one being out of the two week window but never requested a refund in all my time with Xbox so fingers crossed.  I think I'm more disappointed than anything as I was really looking forward to my first F1 game in years - more fool me I guess.  Maybe I'll come back when its working but how a game can be released with such a bug is beyond me and would genuinely like to understand how this happens??  Appreciate we have been working through some difficult times but you at least expect the game not to switch off a console.

Here's for a total fix not being too far down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

new patch is installed, tried to race in my team in silverstone. I'm watching the pre race cutscenes, watching hamilton leaning against the wall with his phone and game freezes and the console turns off.

I'm playing on the xbox series x, just sucks that the game turns the console off because the game is tons of fun. I hope this gets finally fixed soon enough, i wont touch F1 2021 anymore until there is a patch which fixing this.I dont want to kill my  console.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lagoa said:

Come on, I'll try to make a very detailed post to try to help (but I feel cheated, because we're doing work testing a game that SHOULD ALREADY BE TESTED BY COMPANY).

I did two tests, in the first one, I just opened my Silverstone saved highlights, when loading, the game closed and returned to the Xbox home screen (at least it didn't turn off the console).

After that, I go to race (in Zandvoort) in my career. After the race I put it on replay, the game apparently didn't shut down my Xbox, but I noticed the replay worse than ever!

For start, artifacts appear all the time now, at various points of the screen!
F1-2021-5.png

The replays don't run smooth, they seem stuck in fast movements and I notice there's a blurry effect on the tire that didn't happen before (oh, did they create a new bug?)
IMPORTANT: This effect, only apears on RACE REPLAY, is pratice/qualify dont! I dont have any crash/shut down on pratice/qualy, so it´s a RACE REPLAY ISSUE.

F1-2021-3.png

Finally, in photo mode, I move with shutter speed, ONLY IN REPLAYS AFTER THE RACE, this happens on the screen:
F1-2021-4.png

ONE REPLAY CRASH without shut of Xbox and a terrible experience in Replay mode.

So, replay mode is TOTALLY BROKEN.... 

That ghosting of tyres has always been there and the replay has always been choppy/laggy regardless of whether it's performance or quality mode, I've mentioned both in other threads (along with missing textures but for some reason the devs are still saying I need to provide more information, even though I can't provide anything else). 

 

This game is seriously flawed (when it actually works, it's fantastic), I don't understand how people can defend it's current state. I can list at least 10 bugs/issues that I've come across that remain unfixed and even unaddressed. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PablosBelliano said:

Been watching this thread for a while after my Series X shut off post race scene and it seems the game is still broken.  Not risked playing it again and I've requested a refund from MS but not sure I'll get one being out of the two week window but never requested a refund in all my time with Xbox so fingers crossed.  I think I'm more disappointed than anything as I was really looking forward to my first F1 game in years - more fool me I guess.  Maybe I'll come back when its working but how a game can be released with such a bug is beyond me and would genuinely like to understand how this happens??  Appreciate we have been working through some difficult times but you at least expect the game not to switch off a console.

Here's for a total fix not being too far down the line.

If you make the original request online for the refund and it's denied call them directly.  Tell them that you can't play the game, that you're basically beta testing it for Codemasters/EA.  Refer them to this thread if you need to.  (maybe even print/save the thread in a pdf incase they remove it).  That's what I'll be doing it Codemasters/EA don't sort this out ASAP.  This is beyond ridiculous.  It's as if they don't even have an Xbox Series X unit available to test on.   "Can't replicate the issue all the time"...  riiiight.  Yet most of us can't start or get through a race without it crashing our systems.   If i run another race later tonight and it freezes on me I'll be calling MS for my refund and I've already saved the content of this thread to share with them and any game news outlets.  It's absolutely ridiculous they haven't notified the entire user base of this potential console damaging issue if you are getting the overheating messages.   There's clearly a major flaw in the programming of this game causing these issues and it needs to be fixed immediately or pulled from the store to prevent damage until they can sort it out.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It baffles me just how quiet codies are being on this issue since the latest patch. I'd be interested to know how many series x users actually beta tested the game before release. I know I missed out, but I can guarantee this would have been raised if I'd had the chance. They're quick enough to promote the free **** they've been giving to content creators all over their socials all week but when it comes to bog standard customers, sod 'em. This needs to be addressed, and FAST. This is a weekly event I run with my racing group on discord and its ruining the whole experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies for the lack of comms here on my side. I've been working to get a response together on this. 

We understand and empathise for the frustration here, and have re-opened the issue and is added as a 'high priority' issue to fix. Can we just confirm that it is not overheating as such, but more the crashing when viewing a replay/cutscene/cinematic.

Just the overheating and the crashing could be 2 different issues, and need 2 different solutions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Hoo changed the title to F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes
  • Codemasters Staff

I've also edited the title to reflect that this relates to Xbox crashes during replays and cutscenes. Please report other issues in their own thread so that we can find the right info more quickly. Thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BarryBL

Not once have I had an overheating message from my xbox. Its simply shuts down (controller still active) or kicks me to dashboard and crashes the game when trying to view a saved replay. I will try post-race replays later on. 

Video added showing boot up (from previous shut down) to another shut down

Edited by Rango
Added video
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hoo said:

I've also edited the title to reflect that this relates to Xbox crashes during replays and cutscenes. Please report other issues in their own thread so that we can find the right info more quickly. Thanks.

 

My crash wasn't during replay or cut scenes so not necessarily correct and may deter other users from posting. Mine was usually post race screen when able to view standings etc. Absolute shambles this. Still getting crashed post update. @BarryBL has been helping to communicate but gets to a point where talk is cheap. Get it sorted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Rango said:

Just tried a quick 3 lap race and no crash when viewing post race replay or highlights. 

Also didn't crash when viewing in theatre, either before or after being saved. 

Maybe this is a 25% specific issue? 

Possibly there is some process in the background related to the length of the highlights data that is causing an issue? It may help get this resolved if you and others could see if the short race behaviour is repeatably crash-free?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rango said:

@BarryBL

Not once have I had an overheating message from my xbox. Its simply shuts down (controller still active) or kicks me to dashboard and crashes the game when trying to view a saved replay. I will try post-race replays later on. 

Video added showing boot up (from previous shut down) to another shut down

Did a 50% Race in My Team Mode in Bahrain. Crashed exactly the same way as in the video above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine is crashing just like the video above, it's happened a handfull of times in replays, but the majority of time it's during the post race cutscene when the winner is getting out of the car.  Does the same thing as in that video though, slows down, stutters, then powers off.  Never just a crash to the dashboard, always a power off shut down.   I have never gotten an overheating message from my Xbox Series X though when rebooting it.

Edited by petro1319
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BarryBL Maybe you can pass this along to the dev team?  I forgot to mention this yesterday but in my check in with MS support they advised me that it is likely an issue with the game. I think we all know that at this point but the interesting part was the rep told me that Call of Duty when it came out caused this issue, and most recently the newest FIFA game was causing console shut downs too and was fixed by a patch.   Maybe someone on the dev team can dip into that pool of EA resources and check in with the FIFA team to see if maybe there is a common link between how they resolved the FIFA issue and what is happening here?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BarryBL unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...