Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes

1 hour ago, kingofsleep said:

Still checking in on this thread daily. Still waiting for a fix to this. Why was the thread title changed to add "when viewing highlights or cut scenes"? I've had this game crash numerous times outside of any of those situations...This is beyond ridiculous that we're STILL not able to play a game that we paid good money for. Get it together!

Because they can't/won't admit that this is a a widespread problem that affects more than the limited aspects they speak in the title. I have persevered with this rubbish for ages now. Basically since release. It's not on. Change the title, get it sorted and roll it out quick. @BarryBL surely you can give.sone information on a deadline or is it very laxydazical at a giant developer these days "just get it done when you can and if you can't that's okay" shambolic unapologetic disgraces shipping a game like this. Ironically I bought the ultimate edition but the only thing ultimate about it is the disappointment. 

• Agree 3
4 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

No doubt you'll be told to make a new thread. 

I created a post about this just a day or so after the game came out. My post was merged with this thread: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/80679-xbox-series-x-overheating/

Gee, I wonder why there hasn't been any traction with that thread either...

Edited by kingofsleep
To add quote.
  • Agree 1

Anyone else having problem getting a refund from microfsoft? They denied my reqeust because the digital game was already "played". I told them it keeps crashing and the game is not playable in this state, so i want a refund. 

This its really annoying all the breaking point career  mode when i finally win a hardest this freeze and  shutting down my xbox series X and this always happen on cinematic and interviews... when ill get a fix??!!!

Edited by Gameca
On 8/21/2021 at 2:07 PM, Robin8821 said:

Anyone else having problem getting a refund from microfsoft? They denied my reqeust because the digital game was already "played". I told them it keeps crashing and the game is not playable in this state, so i want a refund. 

I'm struggling to get a refund or news from anywhere.

I bought it from Amazon UK, Amazon say to speak to EA. EA say they can't do it and Microsoft need to refund me, which I disagree with. To appease the idiots at EA, I speak to Microsoft who say go back to EA. 

Bloody shambles. 

I can't get refund via Microsoft as bought code from 3rd party and cant get that refunded as its been redeemed.  Now over 5 weeks since release and cant play it.

What a joke - obviously just in minority of users so we are left with a broken game.

I'm never buying a new game again.

v1.07 is out.  Still no news on a fix eh?  I'm out of patience with this nonsense and silence on the matter.

Guys and gals affected by this... it's time we step up the pressure big time.  Start gathering and saving all the info on this matter and start hitting up twitter, facebook, any platform you can find to get the news out and into the hands of all the major gaming news sites.   It's time this issue and this shady release get the negative publicity it deserves.  Enough is enough of this.  No more positive hype youtube videos to trick us all; no more glowing reviews from sites clearly in their back pockets.  We have paid these guys for a product that we can't safely use and in a nutshell they've told us to stop using.  It's time to demand justice on that matter.   This thread should be proof enough to get you a refund from MS on a digital purchase and if it's not then take the matter to EA directly and any industry news outlet that will publicize the matter and hopefully take these guys to task.   Consumer protection agencies are another good choice.  

Enough is enough Codies!   FIX THIS ISSUE OR GIVE US SOME KIND OF RESOLUTION TO MAKE IT RIGHT FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE PAID FOR YOUR FAULTY GAME THAT WE CAN'T SAFELY PLAY!! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • detailed description: Crashes every single time I've tried to play, no other game does this and it says it's overheated even if I just turned my series x on and it's cold!  How is this ok to take someone's money for something that does not work? I'm serious, I can't even have the game on for a minute before it crashes completely-- I bought it because I want to play it and have bought 2017 up until 2021 but at this point I would take a refund as this is so unacceptable (especially for something on next gen). $70 for the deluxe version and I feel like I've been stolen from! 
  • Report Code: no report code, it crashes my new series x unlike any other game!
  • Platform? Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode? Career
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Uninstalled, reinstalled.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. It crashes my expensive series x, no there's no screenshots.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. Go to race in career mode and if it actually starts without crashing before the race, it will 100% crash my series x within the next 60 seconds. This is wholly unacceptable.
  • Agree 1

Yup I got same issue have since launch and was deluxe version I stop playing f1 completely on my series x I didn’t get any your Xbox is over heated warning msg just shut off and not turn on for good 30 mins only game as well that does it to me 

I tried braking point yesterday, and I was able to play 5 chapters without any crash or autoshutdown. Then I quit by myself ;). Normally this session would have meant at least 3 crashes and like 6 full shutdowns.

I think this issue has been shadowfixed in 1.07. I havent tried out replays/highlights, but it looks very good so far. Thanks team and @BarryBL  :), the experience of the game has become so much better in 3 patches! 

If this game was to be released in september, this would have been one 10/10 game, but now I have very double feelings with it being the worst game at release in F1 history (sorry for the devs to call it that) .

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
44 minutes ago, TasmanianTiger said:

If this game was to be released in september, this would have been one 10/10 game, but now I have very double feelings with it being the worst game at release in F1 history (sorry for the devs to call it that) .

Sorry? You're saying sorry to the devs for bad mouthing their game, when it's deserved?!

1 hour ago, Sonic6L said:

Sorry? You're saying sorry to the devs for bad mouthing their game, when it's deserved?!

Devs at larger companies like this never make the release window nor prioritise the fixes and features, that is the task of some directors which are more looking at money than image and quality. If a dev/gamer was leading the company, this wouldnt have happened. 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, undoxable said:

game still doesnt work lol, cant get past the user agreement screen at the start its actually become a joke

@undoxable if you cant get past this, your issue is different.

• Agree 1
  • Administrator

To update here, we do have a fix for this in test and are working to get this into the game as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay, was on annual leave.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TasmanianTiger said:

Devs at larger companies like this never make the release window nor prioritise the fixes and features, that is the task of some directors which are more looking at money than image and quality. If a dev/gamer was leading the company, this wouldnt have happened. 

That's irrelevant. Management doesn't make the game, devs do and if they're filled with bugs have issues, that's on the shoulders of devs and for the devs to resolve. If a dev can't take criticism for their game/what they've developed they're in the wrong field and need a career change. 

F1 2021 is fast becoming the Cyberpunk 2077* of the racing genre. Unfinished, bugfest, crash to desktop, crash console, features removed (damage model is one example). 

*CP2077 was fantastic and I had no bugs in my 100hr+ playthrough but I am aware some people had SERIOUS game breaking bugs. 

Edited by Sonic6L
22 hours ago, Rango said:

I've watched three highlights since this last patch was released (all recorded before the patch), resulting in zero crashes so far. Hope to test further later

Yeh not fixed. Still shutting my console down. Attempted to watch silverstone mp replay, stops a few seconds in and kills it. 25% race. Human and ai drivers. If it helps, the replays that crash all do it at roughly the same time, a few seconds after the lights go out, as you're approaching turn 1.

Edited by Rango
7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

To update here, we do have a fix for this in test and are working to get this into the game as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay, was on annual leave.

Thank you for the update...

5 hours ago, Rango said:

Yeh not fixed. Still shutting my console down. Attempted to watch silverstone mp replay, stops a few seconds in and kills it. 25% race. Human and ai drivers. If it helps, the replays that crash all do it at roughly the same time, a few seconds after the lights go out, as you're approaching turn 1.

Same. Still shutting it down. Bahrain, career, 50% race. Tried to watch replay (not highlights) and it shut down the console. And as you say @Rango, it’s almost always, if not always, “a few seconds after the lights go out as your approaching turn 1”. 

• Agree 2

Game continues to crash on me any point of the game, in solo mode. There is no specific time when it chooses to crash. I could race for 5 min or 1 hour and it crash at some point and shuts off my entire system. (Xbox Series X) I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times and still continues to crash. I never had this issue with 2020, clearly EA has placed a bug in this system. I hope this gets fixed soon.