Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 game crashes Xbox Series X/S when viewing highlights or cutscenes

Maybe we have to get this further out than just the forums to get true attention to this, more in social media and getting it out there. It’s hard to want to get into competitive play when it shuts down on me all the time. Is Xbox the only system seeing this issue?

Okay, I'm ON LIMIT with this **** game! 🤬 Now, after patch 1.07, I went to play and in the middle of a practice, I went to save my setup, the game freeze, nothing happened...

I need to Restarted Xbox Series X after this,  BLACK SCREEN.....nothing happened! I had to remove the ENERGY of console for it to work normally again!

EA/Codemasters, in addition to releasing a totally BROKEN game, do you want to retire our Xbox Series X? DO YOUR WORK RIGHT!

• Agree 2

Patch 1.07 made a HUGE difference, but having said that it hasn't completely solved the issue.

I'm crashing much less frequently but it does still happen, either during the race or post-race. What hasn't changed at all though are the constant clicking and beeping noises which I encounter during the race but not in the menus.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, JMallory87 said:

Same here!!! Must be EA getting involved, never had this issue with 2020 or 2019

Haha, I said this on another thread and got crucified for saying it. Glad people are coming around and agreeing with what I said. 

4 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Haha, I said this on another thread and got crucified for saying it. Glad people are coming around and agreeing with what I said. 

Well Madden 22 is apparently crashing XBOXs too, so just maybe there is somehow an EA related cause?

• Administrator

Hi all,

To update here.

Fix for this is now in its final stages of testing, and we will hopefully have this in for scheduling soon. No confirmed ETA just yet, but definitive progress has now happened.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Well Madden 22 is apparently crashing XBOXs too, so just maybe there is somehow an EA related cause?

Fifa 21 did as well if memory serves me correctly, but when I said it's EA's effect on the F1 games now that it's taken over CM as well as content being stripped out, I got crucified for the comment saying it's nothing to do with EA. 

Ironic and how the tables have turned. As far as F1 2021's release has gone as well as pretty much any game from EA, I won't be buying F1 2022 on day one unlike I did with all of the other F1 games and I'm probably not alone either. 

The biggest loser in all of this is CM. 

Edited by Sonic6L

Microsoft wont aknowledge my refund reqeust beacause i played the game (digital download) Yeah, how else would i know it chrashed so often its unplayable. . Only one person from codies here replaying. (nothing personal barry, you doing everthing you can i think). Minor bugs i can live with, but this is ridiculous. 

• Agree 1

Games crashes XBOX

No Logitech Trueforce enable, only standard XBOX Wheel API

No Crossplay

I'm very very disapointed... not only by the lack of core features on a racing game but for not beeing able to play a game I invested so moch money on it.

I will never buy another Codemasters game on day one for shure. I will wait for player reviews, not IGN, Gamesport etc that gave good score to a game that is not playable at all.

• Agree 1

Personally I'll be checking here for a month or so before even considering buying next year. I appreciate it might be nearly fixed, but this long after launch to have a game still potentially kill the hardware it's meant to be designed for is astonishing really. But it's ok, because the streamers and YouTubers are all happy with their PC versions and fancy limited edition freebie boxes to make sure that's all that people see on twitter/insta etc, when the core of the actual users are stuck without the ability to play the game for an indefinite amount of time. 

• Agree 3
12 hours ago, Brutus1O said:

I will wait for player reviews, not IGN, Gamesport etc that gave good score to a game that is not playable at all.

Never trust IGN or Gamespot. Pretty sure in the past they were found to be leaving good reviews for incentives and some of the reviews they have are random and lack logic. 

Independent (or as independent as a can be) YouTubers are the best for reviews IMO, ACG Gaming on YouTube is very good and honest however he doesn't really do racing games. Jimmy Broadbent, Overtake_gg, GamingBolt, The Race are who I would recommend. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1
14 hours ago, Rango said:

Personally I'll be checking here for a month or so before even considering buying next year. I appreciate it might be nearly fixed, but this long after launch to have a game still potentially kill the hardware it's meant to be designed for is astonishing really. But it's ok, because the streamers and YouTubers are all happy with their PC versions and fancy limited edition freebie boxes to make sure that's all that people see on twitter/insta etc, when the core of the actual users are stuck without the ability to play the game for an indefinite amount of time. 

You probably know but TRL Limitless is a YouTuber that plays on XBOX and seemingly isn't having issues. I'm sure there must be other XBOX streamers too?

19 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

You probably know but TRL Limitless is a YouTuber that plays on XBOX and seemingly isn't having issues. I'm sure there must be other XBOX streamers too?

Pretty sure he played 2020 on Xbox but moved over to PC and uses compatible equipment between the two. Could be mistaken here, going off my own memory. 

53 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Pretty sure he played 2020 on Xbox but moved over to PC and uses compatible equipment between the two. Could be mistaken here, going off my own memory. 

No, he's competing in an XBOX league. He has an XSX I think.

For every xbox streamer there are probably three or four pc streamers. My point still stands. Xbox users are having the most issues in terms of system crashes (not to mention lobby joining). 

• Agree 2
On 8/23/2021 at 4:10 PM, Lukebee said:
  • detailed description: Crashes every single time I've tried to play, no other game does this and it says it's overheated even if I just turned my series x on and it's cold!  How is this ok to take someone's money for something that does not work? I'm serious, I can't even have the game on for a minute before it crashes completely-- I bought it because I want to play it and have bought 2017 up until 2021 but at this point I would take a refund as this is so unacceptable (especially for something on next gen). $70 for the deluxe version and I feel like I've been stolen from! 
  • Report Code: no report code, it crashes my new series x unlike any other game!
  • Platform? Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode? Career
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Uninstalled, reinstalled.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. It crashes my expensive series x, no there's no screenshots.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. Go to race in career mode and if it actually starts without crashing before the race, it will 100% crash my series x within the next 60 seconds. This is wholly unacceptable.

So I take the time to post and just gets merged into this topic with no response or mention?! You guys do see why it looks like you don't care, right?

I feel like I've been more than patient but to have paid $70 for this game, a game that I literally can't play (not just sometimes, not just for a bit) I paid for something that is completely WORTHLESS. 

How are the devs and those responsible for this game not ashamed and, at a minimum apologizing? 

At least I can play cyberpunk. This is sooooo much worse. 

I promise I will never buy a codemasters/EA F1 game again (I've put hundreds of hours in and bought F1 games for years) and I have many friends saying the same. 

• Agree 1

Playing in Mexico, after the race, I go to replay, went into photo mode, game crashes and TURNS OFF THE XBOX SERIES X.

Returns giving over heating message.

EA/Code, you must be the most incompetent company out there. It's unacceptable, totally unacceptable!

• Agree 3
On 8/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

To update here.

Fix for this is now in its final stages of testing, and we will hopefully have this in for scheduling soon. No confirmed ETA just yet, but definitive progress has now happened.

Any news?? 

This is a complete farce. 

The only way to hit CM and EA is get your refunds, don't buy any new content/DLC, don't buy any microtransactions (if that's your thing) and don't buy any new games from them. 

5 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

This is a complete farce. 

The only way to hit CM and EA is get your refunds, don't buy any new content/DLC, don't buy any microtransactions (if that's your thing) and don't buy any new games from them. 

Too bad it's impossible to get a refund (on Xbox, at least) if you've already played the game...