Jump to content Jump to content

Description

Game freezes and then crashes to desktop with an EGO dumper screen while driving on track.

Report Code

No code - EGO dumper screen

Platform

Desktop / Steam

Game Mode

Grand Prix, Time Trial, Career, Co-op.

[ONLINE]

Happened both in co-op and single player modes.

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

• Updated drivers
  • Adjusted graphic settings to lowest possible
  • Disabled Steam Overlay
  • Verified Integrity of Cache using Steam
  • Did a clean install of my Nvidia drivers using DDU
  • Ran game in borderless window / windowed mode
  • Forced the F1_2021_dx12 application to be run as administrator
  • Booted up the game using Nvidia Geforce Experience
  • Tried with both Wheel (Thrustmaster T300 rs gt) and Xbox controller
  • Changed Windows 10 virtual memory setting from manual to automatic

Any screenshots or video of the issue?

No, the game simply freezes, crashes to desktop and displays the EGO dumper screen

How do you make the problem happen?

Crashes when on the track for any period of time. Sometimes it happens within a minute, sometimes it will run for a good 15 to 20 minutes without crashing. Seemingly random.

I've attached a couple of the crash files (I believe?) alongside the DXDiag. I'm running a MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard.

794921-20210722-114549-0.zip 794921-20210722-130039-0.zip 794921-20210722-130820-0.zip DxDiag.txt

• Administrator

Hi @Sinogrim,

Excellent report. We've looked at your crashes, and they are issues we already know about and are working on fixing. There is no ETA right now, but we are investigating the issues and hope to have fixes on those crashes soon.

So I tested out the recent patch hoping it would resolve the issue. Unfortunately this did not seem to be the case (I've added some extra EGO dumper files in case developers are interested). However, I tinkered a bit further with the game and may have stumbled upon a potential temporary fix.

I decided to optimize the game using the Nvidia Geforce Experience application and set it fully towards performance. While I haven't had too much time testing the game out, since then I did manage to drive a 15 lap grand prix excluding some practice laps and a one shot qualifying. I also managed to do 21 laps on time trial today without encountering a single EGO Dumper crash. This surprised me since I tried lowering all the graphical settings in-game and this did not resolve the issue. However doing this using the Nvidia Geforce Experience seems to make the game run more stable thus far. I can't confirm that this is indeed a working temporary fix to the issue, or is linked to setting graphical settings using Nvidia drivers as I haven't had enough time to fully test it out. I am however surprised to see it run much longer without causing a crash thus far.

I'll update this topic in case I do indeed get another EGO dumper crash with these settings. In the mean time I'd be interested to hear if this also resolves the issue for other players running into these crashes and if this is information that's useful to the developers.

797778-20210728-152110-0.zip 797778-20210728-153023-0.zip 797778-20210728-153214-0.zip

On 7/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, Sinogrim said:

So I tested out the recent patch hoping it would resolve the issue. Unfortunately this did not seem to be the case (I've added some extra EGO dumper files in case developers are interested). However, I tinkered a bit further with the game and may have stumbled upon a potential temporary fix.

I decided to optimize the game using the Nvidia Geforce Experience application and set it fully towards performance. While I haven't had too much time testing the game out, since then I did manage to drive a 15 lap grand prix excluding some practice laps and a one shot qualifying. I also managed to do 21 laps on time trial today without encountering a single EGO Dumper crash. This surprised me since I tried lowering all the graphical settings in-game and this did not resolve the issue. However doing this using the Nvidia Geforce Experience seems to make the game run more stable thus far. I can't confirm that this is indeed a working temporary fix to the issue, or is linked to setting graphical settings using Nvidia drivers as I haven't had enough time to fully test it out. I am however surprised to see it run much longer without causing a crash thus far.

I'll update this topic in case I do indeed get another EGO dumper crash with these settings. In the mean time I'd be interested to hear if this also resolves the issue for other players running into these crashes and if this is information that's useful to the developers.

797778-20210728-152110-0.zip 76.99 kB · 0 downloads 797778-20210728-153023-0.zip 89.46 kB · 0 downloads 797778-20210728-153214-0.zip 76.81 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, i am update BIOS on the my MB asus tuf gaming b550-plus and deleted (you check) ENE folder in C:/Windows and ene.sys driver in C:/Windows/system32/drivers/ene.sys (this delete in Safe Mode Win10). Voala now not any crash more than 10-15 hours play.

• Thanks 2
On 7/22/2021 at 6:04 PM, Sinogrim said:

Well, that's disappointing. Hopefully you guys will be able to fix the issue soon. Thanks anyway.

Maybe you should update the BIOS like @Raymy suggests. The AGESA you are running is old.