Jump to content Jump to content

Cars getting DSQ for running into too slow safety car in My team

Almost half the field was DSQ for running into the safety car in My team gamemode in Austin, after it was said the safety car would go in this lap. As seen in the imageuBgUIoB.png

Report code: ERRH-JPAM-DCTS-BKRG

Platform: PC, Steam

How it happened: Normal safety car period, after it was said the safety car would go in this lap, the AI field started gaining speed while the safety car was still going slowly and all the ai cars from the screen above drove into it and got disqualifed.

• Agree 1

Had the same situation happen during career race. Under safety car, I came around the corner to see the safety car ghosted. Then cars started to go around the safety car. I was running maybe 10th or lower. As each car passed the SC I saw DSQ appear on the leaderboard next to the cars name. 

Seeing this I didn’t pass, the SC then went in pit lane. Since I didn’t pass I was now P1. 

When we turned left onto the Start/ Finish straight, all the cars that passed the SC were now going at a snails pace so much so that I tapped the rear of a Ferrari. 

It was like they were waiting for me to take the lead. I was recording at the time and may post the video. Thinking not much of it and being confused I neglected to get report code. 

F1 2021 ROUND 8 What Actually Happened Under The Safety Car! Crazy and Amazing Happenings @ COTA - YouTube

Edited by RhysWon1
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all, 

Please ensure you are using the bug report template correctly.

Also, how often does this happen. Only at USA?

It happens 100% of the times as far as I have tested it (3 times). And I only had it at USA at this moment, but it seems to happen on some other tracks to (as @w0lfik1337said on Austin to).
And it happens to +/- 10 cars in front of you, or if you are within the top 10 all the cars in front of you, if you are the first one after the safety car they will just stay after you.

The full bugg report:

• A detailed description of the issue: On multiple tracks (mainly USA as I have seen it there happen all the times), +/- 10 cars will drive in to the safety car on his in-lap. Within the full sector 3 (turn 13 until turn 20). As far I have seen it happens all the times (tested it 3 times). If you are the first behind the safety car the AI will stay after you, however, if you are not first but within the top 10 everyone in front of you will drive into the safety car and get DSQ due to passing the safety car ("Ignoring Yellow Flagg"). If you are outside the top 10 the first 10 cars will drive in to the safety car and the remaining cars will be left in the session
  • Report Code: CSCG-PARH-GMHD-RVHE
  • Platform: PC / Steam
  • Game-mode: All
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: Since this is not a crashing issue I don't think this is needed
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: Since this is not a crashing issue I don't think this is needed
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party:
    I got a bad view at what exactly happened this time, but a lot of cars just drive true the safety car on its inlap in sector 3 of USA. Which you can see by all the DSQ's
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: start a session at USA, have a safety car deployed, make sure you are not first / outside the top 10, wait until the in lap of the safety car, right after Jeff says that the safety car is going back in to the pits this lap all cars in the top 10 will begin passing the safety car and getting DSQ.

Is that everything you need @BarryBL?

Posting in this master thread after being advised this exists.

• A detailed description of the issue. The safety car was called into the pits following being out for a couple of laps at USA. As soon as this happened, the Safety Car ghosted and the 5 cars ahead of me all passed it. They were instantly disqualified for it.
  • Report Code JXDH-SKMB-KCSX-SHEG
  • Platform? PS5
  • Game-mode? My Team
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Not sure what troubleshooting I could try. I did flashback but then it happened again.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. Video showing the issue: F1 2021 - Ghost Safety Car - YouTube
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. A safety car was deployed on lap 13 following a crash. This proceeded as normal until the safety car was called in on lap 15, where the above issue happened.
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...