Jump to content Jump to content

Framerate drops far below 60 fps on Series X (even in performance mode)

• A detailed description of the issue.: When playing any game mode on any map on the Series X, the framerate will, roughly every five seconds, drop well below 60 (micro stutter / stuttering). This occurs even in performance mode, where the game should be 120fps. Other friends with the series X tell to me the same problem. This framerate instability makes playing the game very uncomfortable. See video for an average example.
  • Quick fix suggestion: Allow Series X owners to play the Xbox one X version of the game, and call the graphics mode 'sustainability' ; ).
  • Report Code: KTBK-VDJG-SBGR-GRJG for example
  • Platform?: Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode?: Every
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?: Cant play online because of the disconnection bug
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?: Cant play online because of the disconnection bug
  • What troubleshooting have you tried?: Restarting console; restarting game; playing different game modes; switching between graphic modes; turning off motion blur, camera shake, camera motion etc; asking friends with Series X if they have the same problem, besides the Xbox party stuttering of course.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue?: Video, apologies for the 720p 60fps capturing. The frame drops occur at 1.5 seconds and beneath both bridges in the clip. On a tv screen this is even more noticeable. Disabled motion blur, camera shake and camera movement in the video for a slightly clearer view.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Play any game mode on any map.

PS: In order to really be able to see the framedrops through the compression, downloading the video is advised. Maybe other members with capture cards can post clearer examples?

Edited by TasmanianTiger
Added some keywords so fellow forum members can find this post

After reading a lot of Xbox party chat stutter reports, it could be that this framerate issue is related to having a headset plugged in. Im not 100% on this, but a thing worth looking into if I were a dev (I am) at codemasters (I am not) 

1 hour ago, TasmanianTiger said:

After reading a lot of Xbox party chat stutter reports, it could be that this framerate issue is related to having a headset plugged in. Im not 100% on this, but a thing worth looking into if I were a dev (I am) at codemasters (I am not) 

😱😱😱 so you can’t even play with a headset?

• Like 1

I have been referring to the patch notes to see if this issue is mentioned, in the hope I can repurchase the game, but no mention of it??, unless this comes under 'various bug fixes and improvement'?

Surely this is the type of bug that is far more important than having the wrong tryes in a F2 race, etc? it has been mentioned several times in the forum's since release day and I am yet to see any acknowledgement of the issue from a mod or dev.

I appreciate there are multiple things to fix, but I don't see that the other issues are gamebreaking like this one. So some kind of acknowledgement would be nice.

I signed up to the forum's specifically to share this issue, so I can hopefully repurchase and enjoy the game? But if the fix is months away, we may as well not bother and wait until the game is free on game pass.

The game is advertised to be XS optimized. Yet but doesn't function correctly in 4K 120 on console in either graphical mode. Surely this needs addressing asap.

• Agree 1

It does this on pc as well. I was already dealing with constant stutters despite pulling 100+ fps in 1.04, but now I'm getting even more stutters and freezes and the fps never goes above 50, despite using the same graphical settings. 

The patch just made the game even more unplayable for me. 🤪