Jump to content Jump to content

GRID Legends | Launching 2022 | Official Reveal Trailer, Announcement

• Social Media & Community Team
12 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

When will we have some news or gameplay video about Grid legends?  

I don't have precise info on that right now, but when more info does become available it'll be shared in all the usual places 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, BEER4RABC said:

I look forward to it only hope Demo Derby part of the game something like Grid 1 where your car gets tougher the more u race it missed my tough car when playing all the other Grid let downs so fingers crossed )))

I love demo derby of Grid 1 as well , it was the best demolition style game ever made but i seriously doubt that demo derby is included in Grid legends as we saw nothing about it in the first trailer..

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I love demo derby of Grid 1 as well , it was the best demolition style game ever made but i seriously doubt that demo derby is included in Grid legends as we saw nothing about it in the first trailer..

Cause it wont be in there Miat.

Same as a decent damage model. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see they brought drift back, which I've never liked or felt should be in a legit race game, so I remain skeptical. Bug wise, the only problem I had with 2019 is a now and then crash, which at times could wipe out all your work to get a good start position. Since EA now owns Codies though, I would expect that problem to get worse, not better.

Original GRID was actually more buggy for me than 2019, a lot of times at certain points on certain tracks the game would momentarily freeze, then when it unfroze, it was VERY hard to stay on track. It was not my spec either because it even happened years later when I played it with spec way above the requirements.

Other than that, I've never been a big fan of agroed competitors fighting with one another, reminds me of all the cheeky race games where rivals somehow can talk with you and mess with your head over your radio. I hope the scuffle between competitors shown in the trailer doesn't imply they'll be using such immature gimmicks,

Please stick to a formula that doesn't cling to bad acting Codies, this is supposed to be about racing, not a cheesy reality TV show.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few fears about this game, to be honest. Grid is a game about the experience of being a racing driver, and while the racing was pretty good in Grid 2019 (although the AI isn't very challenging on most tracks), it lacked pretty much everything else. Starting with the layout of the race weekends, you can simply start the race directly or do qualifying over a single lap which you can repeat as many times as you want. I feel like that's a bit lame, and Grid Autosport did it best, with 10 minutes of free practice, then 3 laps of qualifying, which you couldn't start over, then the race.

As for everything outside of the events, Grid 2019 is missing a lot of stuff that made the series special. You can't choose your sponsors and the career progression is really boring. I think something closer to the first Grid where you can choose your team's sponsors and get different requirements to get more money after every race would be a good way to handle sponsors.  As for the career progression, I think what I dislike about the way Grid 2019 did it is that it's really straight forward, you have multiple disciplines, and completing events in every discipline will unlock the next few events in said discipline. I think having something similar to Grid 1 but with disciplines instead of regions would be better. Basically, you have multiple event "tiers" for every discipline, and you can access all the events in the first tier from the beginning. Completing events grants you XP for the discipline, and when you reach a set XP threshold you unlock the next tier. There could be some crossover too, where reaching a certain tier in a discipline will also unlock tiers in other disciplines (let's say you reach the second tier in touring cars, you unlock the second tier in open wheelers too (let's say F3) but you don't unlock the second tier in sports cars (let's say GTE).

Now on to way less important things, I have to add that the menu in Grid 2019 was really boring. Autosport wasn't better in that regard, but it was made in a single year so that was to be expected. The first Grid still has the best menu, IMO. It feels way more immersive. I also think the game should have as few fake race cars as possible, for example Grid 2019 had mainly fake touring cars in the first touring car category. We've already seen that the LMP2 in Grid Legends is fictional, which is a bit disappointing but I guess it's harder to justify getting a license for the Oreca 07 than for a well known supercar.

• 2 weeks later...

Recreated account, watched some videos and have to say a few things in mixed order :

• GOOD> Glad to see new game in production and not letting this brand die,
  • BAD> Car handling is the same, arcadish and not fun to watch and play (for me at least),
  • GOOD> I like the idea of freedom while creating events,
  • BAD> Small car list, again,
  • MORE BADS> No cockpit camera.

Oh and also, avoid pre-ordering games. Highly recommend you to do that and enjoy better gaming experience! But after all, it's your choice to do what ever you like.

21 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Just seen a trailer showing single seaters going over jumps normally reserved for Trophy Trucks.

So a simcade title at best?

Grid has always been simcade. You can normally drive on any track with any vehicle, which explains that.

5 minutes ago, areudeadyet said:

Recreated account, watched some videos and have to say a few things in mixed order :

• GOOD> Glad to see new game in production and not letting this brand die,
  • BAD> Car handling is the same, arcadish and not fun to watch and play (for me at least),
  • GOOD> I like the idea of freedom while creating events,
  • BAD> Small car list, again,
  • MORE BADS> No cockpit camera.

Oh and also, avoid pre-ordering games. Highly recommend you to do that and enjoy better gaming experience! But after all, it's your choice to do what ever you like.

Where did you read anything about the car list? As for the cockpit camera, I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't in the game because it was in Grid 2019.

14 minutes ago, Oscar97 said:

Where did you read anything about the car list? As for the cockpit camera, I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't in the game because it was in Grid 2019.

Car list:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/grid/grid-legends/news/car-list

Camera:
If it was implemented in game, they would showcase it in the videos. Its as simple as that.

• Agree 1