Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

PS4 - 1. Top up Fuel Tanks and 2. lean, standard and rich mixture

Hi, Just a couple of silly questions. I am starting of doing the F2 section in game, and noticed that on my practice section I have only got 2 laps of fuel. 

Question 1. How do I top up my tanks? I have looked in the car setup section on the display panel when in pits and can't see anything to do this.

Question 2. Have CM disabled the fuel selection when you want to select between LEAN - STANDARD - RICH ? I see that you can assign a key command to do this but not able to do it in game.

2) Yes, to more closely mirror real F1 we are limited to Standard in qualifying and the race (unless a safety car is out when lean is used, and it can also be in practice which is why you can still assign a button to change it.

• Like 2

F2 afaik fuel is fixed for the race. Not sure about the practice session but nevertheless it should have more, unless youre doing any programmes?

F1 now you can only have1 standard mix with lean being able to be used under some circunstances, but rich is banned. In f2 there is no fuel mix changes

Posted (edited)

Thanks Guys. In fact I was doing the Qualifying section and not the practice. Seems strange that you set the period for 30 mins, drive out of garage with only 2 laps of fuel. Surely this is not correct? The only way I can sort this one out is do the 2 laps, go on to the low fuel mode, or even select go back to garage where the tanks a auto filled and drive out again for another 2 laps.

Edited by Timm53

Guys, I play on ps5 with dualsense, for me it's difficult to manage this fuel situation so I realized the only ways to compensate for the lack of fuel mix is the gearbox (in dualsense it's almost impossible to be competitive with gears without be automatic) or fill the deposit with 6 or 7 more laps than the race itself (I play 50%) if the race has 30 laps I have to fill the deposit for 38 laps, which makes the car super heavy you know if there is a prospect of an update, I don't believe... or anything else you can adapt?