Jump to content Jump to content

AI difficulty calculator

On 9/26/2021 at 10:06 AM, nicolas1423 said:

I don't understand how to use it, I can't write on the table

Send a screenshot of what you see. I suspect you haven't enabled editing in Excel after you downloaded the file, which is why you can't type anything. 

On 19/09/2021 at 14:16, john_dragnst said:

E aqui o arquivo como promessa. Não se esqueça de apagar meu tempo e anotar o seu  😉

Se você tiver dúvidas ou comentários, de nada.

F1 2021 dificuldade setup.xlsx 32,22 kB · 62 downloads

Friend a help. I would like to set an AI difficulty for all tracks. Which lane and which car should I use to make
this calculation. Play Career Mode with Williams. Thank you very much.
18 hours ago, john_dragnst said:

Você teve seu melhor desempenho com qualquer carro no modo de desempenho igual no contra-relógio. Quanto mais trilhas você dirigir, mais precisa será a configuração.

But would that be track to track correct? If I want to set a FIXED difficulty for all tracks, how should I do these tests? 
 Sorry if I'm confused. Thanks.
On 9/29/2021 at 12:58 AM, john_dragnst said:

The value at the top is the average. If you use it for all tracks, it should be not so bad. But keep in mind AI isn't consistent on all tracks.

More you complete tracks in table, more precise the result will be.

Thank you friend

I'm not sure this is working properly, I've set three times: 82,0 Italy, 92,9 Russia and 90,2 Japan. With MyTeam/Realistic/Realistic/Normal. Predicted AI difficulty for Japan is 90.

The problem is that even if I increase the value of my Japan time, the suggested difficulty remains 90.

If I plug in another laptime, for example USA 94,1 then the computed AI is again responsive (if I increade Japan time, the difficulty goes down)

Edited by thatdc
16 hours ago, thatdc said:

I'm not sure this is working properly, I've set three times: 82,0 Italy, 92,9 Russia and 90,2 Japan. With MyTeam/Realistic/Realistic/Normal. Predicted AI difficulty for Japan is 90.

The problem is that even if I increase the value of my Japan time, the suggested difficulty remains 90.

If I plug in another laptime, for example USA 94,1 then the computed AI is again responsive (if I increade Japan time, the difficulty goes down)

I was doing this and just gave up. Ended up doing individual time trial times for each circuit, setting the sheet to individual and then depending on my track knowledge or confidence on said track I'll either run at normal or hard (or sometimes in-between)

Its been working well. This spreadsheet is great btw so thank you for it.

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2021 at 5:02 PM, thatdc said:

Thank you for your feedback.

In fact, it don't go with a real average of all tracks, it was the average except the better and the worse tracks. But it didn't work as it supposed to be especially with a small amount of data. I correct it. Now, if you have lesser than 18 tracks filled in, it will work with the average of all the tracks that are filled. If you have 18 or more tracks, it will take the average of the 6th to 15th best tracks. Like that, if you perform very well one or two tracks and suck in an other one, it don't unbalance all the career proposition.

Of course, with a small amount of tracks filled in, the individual balance is a better option.

So here the 1.2. Ofc you can copy-paste your times in it.

F1 2021 difficulty setup 1.2.xlsx

Edited by john_dragnst
  • Like 1

The new version is great!

I only have one issue with Monaco, which is a well-known difficult track. For some reason (also after having set my time there) the suggested AI difficulty for Monaco is higher than other tracks. I think that it should be the other way round, what do you think?

On 10/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, thatdc said:

The new version is great!

I only have one issue with Monaco, which is a well-known difficult track. For some reason (also after having set my time there) the suggested AI difficulty for Monaco is higher than other tracks. I think that it should be the other way round, what do you think?

Thank you. It's because the adjusting on the top 10 best human time. I already suspect it will be to hard for normal people but the new version was only 1 week old so there isn't much good time in the table. Thank you for your feedback, I will surely update it on the top 100 instead of.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:09 AM, efka300 said:

I have same issue as thatds. Suggested AI on both Monaco and Hungary is way to high:

obraz.png.5de5b1cd5901a5bde2c69f7102c79e11.png

As I say, I will update soon and I hope it will be fixed.

10 hours ago, Composer87 said:

Many thanks for this new version! Is it possible to add AI level values based on wet conditions? Or is there a way to calculate it properly? Thanks again for your support!

That was planned in my mind (but I would check everything was ok before adding more options) so now as it's claimed I suppose it won't be useless so I will definitely add it.

20 hours ago, thatdc said:

Wait, since the goal is to set an AI difficulty, shouldn't it be based on AI performances?

It is. On realistic balance, it's compared to human time table. On individual performance it's only compared to your time so the balance should be correct in this case.

4 hours ago, john_dragnst said:

It is. On realistic balance, it's compared to human time table. On individual performance it's only compared to your time so the balance should be correct in this case.

So if I set "realistic" you compute the difficulty based on top X player time, and if I set "individual" you compute it based on the AI speed?

What I like most of "realistic" setting is that it makes a sort of average and then I have tracks where I'm good and tracks where I'm less good, so my season is ups and downs, just like a real experience would be. My dream setting would be difficulty based on AI times but still using the averaging formula you use for realistic.

Both are based on AI speed. The individual compare your time to AI. The realistic compare AI to top 10 player time and your "average" speed.

If you experience a too high level at Monaco even if you're not too bad on it, it's surely because top 10 player time is too low and my tool adjust AI up because compared to them, AI is slower.