Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Halo - why in the middle???

You can choose to have the halo column invisible while in cockpit view? 

But I suspect it's in that position in the game because it's in that position in real life. Just a guess though! 😄   As for why it's there in real life, i guess it helps with peripheral vision, structural integrity and safety.

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

You can choose to have the halo column invisible while in cockpit view? 

But I suspect it's in that position in the game because it's in that position in real life. Just a guess though! 😄   As for why it's there in real life, i guess it helps with peripheral vision, structural integrity and safety.

Yes it is in the middle irl but why ? I drive cockpit view and hate this thing ….. Drivers must have same issue though …..

No in real you see it not that big like in the game.try it yourself,put something small right in front of you,your eyes will ignore this.this is something the game cannot simulate.just switch it off,it is just fair doing it 😎

• Agree 2
10 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

What I do not really get is why the hell the helo is in the middle of the cockpit ?

To me / left and Right on this side for a clear view would make more sense - 

In cockpit view the halo is an issue !

It's probably optimal from a safety perspective. It will though also be easiest to see 'through' in real life due to our stereoscopic vision, although not in the game. Which is why removing the central halo column from cockpit view is not as unrealistic as it may seem.

• Agree 2

If you're ever lucky enough to play GT Sport or any other racing game in VR using a headset, you'll see that having the halo column doesn't actually hinder your view as a driver because stereoscopic vision means your view looks past it.

Obviously that's the same for real life too, but it's impossible to replicate that on a 'flat' screen.

Just another reason why I hold onto a hope that we will see this series take the VR plunge at some point in this generation!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
32 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

It's probably optimal from a safety perspective. It will though also be easiest to see 'through' in real life due to our stereoscopic vision, although not in the game. Which is why removing the central halo column from cockpit view is not as unrealistic as it may seem.

Yes, also, if you place it a bit on the sides, the other one might be weakened and lets not even delve in the aerodynamic side hahaha.

About the halo itself, rarely the drivers looks straight ahead, so it doesnt impair much compared to the game where were are always on straight mostly because camera and no vr. Though even by that you get used to it too.

I’ve said it before but I don’t know why CM can’t give us a transparency slider for the central column.

This way we could make it see through and replicate how real drivers eyes just look past it, but it wouldn’t be as ugly as just removing it (which may be realistic but just seems wrong to me).

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

Yes it is in the middle irl but why ? I drive cockpit view and hate this thing ….. Drivers must have same issue though …..

Then you should complain by FIA, not codemasters.

• Haha 1