Jump to content Jump to content

Never been so slow

Admittedly only had the game for 2 days and probably running a rubbish set up but I've always been around 103 ai on all the recent f1 games .But wow this year I did my first qualifying at Bahrain at 95 and beat my teammate I'm in McLaren so thought I'll put it up to 98 and was about two tenths off so that fine I can find that . But went to Austria at 98 got smashed 8 tenths faster than me in section 3 alone . Tried Spain next 8 tenths down over full lap . The jump from 95 to 98 seems massive or bugged ........... I'm all for making them faster more challenging but this feels bit to much of a jump would hate to think what they would be doing on 103 or 110 ....

Someone somewhere made a quick math to find how much in laptime a step in the AI level amounts for, but unfortunately I only have the original image with no link to the post anymore:

image.png.06284916bd4f4d4cd58e1bcdffe870fc.png

And there's also this table by user phail216 on Reddit here that's pretty handy. Does it stack up with your sessions?

bwo4g6hkfgb71.png?width=4328&format=png&auto=webp&s=419711edaef5f4a0b4b89cc37493c555ab65fd4b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like people are taking having to turn down the AI as some sort of emasculation when it's really just the natural march of a yearly developed sports title, like they cant let you just beat the game from back in 2018 every year, the AI has to get faster. If you have to lower the level to compete and enjoy the right level of challenge for you, that's expected, not something out of the ordinary. 

• Agree 5

Just look at Austra, 1:02 flat at 100AI whilst IRL Max did 1:03.720 or something near.

I’m all for a good challenge, but if AI can go almost 2!! Seconds faster then real life, then the unrealistic part comes in.

8 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Just look at Austra, 1:02 flat at 100AI whilst IRL Max did 1:03.720 or something near.

I’m all for a good challenge, but if AI can go almost 2!! Seconds faster then real life, then the unrealistic part comes in.

That's an issue with the cars not the AI, which according to Tom97 is going to be adjusted by Codemasters.

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

That's an issue with the cars not the AI, which according to Tom97 is going to be adjusted by Codemasters.

The AI “drives” the car. And they’re ridiculous fast. If I drive that same car, i would understeer away in S2 and 3, so guess it’s the combination of both.

4 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

The AI “drives” the car. And they’re ridiculous fast. If I drive that same car, i would understeer away in S2 and 3, so guess it’s the combination of both.

I was referring to your point about the AI achieving times faster than real F1. Top human players do this easily too, hence me saying it's the car that is too fast. Top players can also still beat 110 AI.

I know there is the AI performance is high speed corners being looked at though.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 3

I didn't mean it to come across like I was complaining or spitting my dummy out about having to turn the ai down . I love a challenge but just the jump from 3 notches on the difficulty slider makes me go from been on the pace to almost a second off seems a lot ... But I'll just have to grind some time trial and improve set ups . 

Well that graph the ai jump from 95 to 100 is what 8 tenths . My experience from 95 to 98 is 8 tenths so it similar yes but like I say I'm only 2 days in and still running 19 set ups so probably just combination of learning the limit's /handling and improving set ups ..  Need to get back to the 103 ultimate ai level tho but at minute seems a world away ..   

• Agree 3

From what i noticed, the ai coming out of corners has been massively improved, because they entering the corners is as slow as it was before, at least from my observations. With a well made setup ive been competitive in my previous difficulty, but without it, i have to tone down quite a lot

It's interesting, I found myself getting faster at least in Bahrain. Last year I had the AI mostly at 95 with some tracks a few points lower, Bahrain being one of them. So I tried it on this game at 92 (for 4 laps because fuel use bug) and with the myteam car could relatively easily hold position in P11/P12 while last year it was a struggle at that difficulty to keep up with slower cars.

7 hours ago, Naxlr said:

I didn't mean it to come across like I was complaining or spitting my dummy out about having to turn the ai down . I love a challenge but just the jump from 3 notches on the difficulty slider makes me go from been on the pace to almost a second off seems a lot ... But I'll just have to grind some time trial and improve set ups . 

Wasn't your jump not just changing AI level but also track though? The latter could have been a major factor.

9 hours ago, AlexTT said:

And what do you need to drive at 110 Ai then - i wait for the rocket car delivered via podium pass 👍😎🤪🤪

I have also turned the difficulty down to 90 from 95. I feel as though I am competitive for the car I am in at this difficulty for now. Only at Monaco though, which I’ve took a pause as, as it’s my worst track and might just skip it. 

@Ultra3142 yes this was kind of my confusion because I remember previous games ai been op in Bahrain and weak in Austria . Think they always been pretty rapid at Spain tho . But Bahrain this year the jump from 95 to 98 seems two tenths and 8 tenths at Austria and Spain but yes I agree maybe I'm just weaker at Austria especially sector 3 it seems loose nearly all my 8 tenths in last 2 corner's . Set up changes may help...   

@johnboy83 Monaco for me is always just a simulate anyway . Track just has no enjoyment for me 1 of my 3 worst tracks ever along with Hanoi and michaui from the ride games absolutely hate all 3 of them . 

1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

@johnboy83 Monaco for me is always just a simulate anyway . Track just has no enjoyment for me 1 of my 3 worst tracks ever along with Hanoi and michaui from the ride games absolutely hate all 3 of them . 

I tend to take it as a challenge track, which helped me enjoy it more after a long time of skipping it too. How many laps can I last? More than last time? I'm bound to smash into something, but how long can I concentrate for? It makes a bit of fun and I hate to miss an event so famous in the season.

I don't have that affection for Baku or Singapore though. Will say my Baku driving has improved the last couple of years. 

Famous yes but not for the quality of racing tho . It produces garbage racing and the game replicate it well just nothing happens no overtakes as no room.  So yes it a challenging track but not enjoyable for me . 

After few tests it just appears my level at the minute is 95 which sucks as that my lowest ever lol But ai seem balanced at that level for me . Austria I can match my teammate and Spain I can etc but soon as I push it up to 98 I get destroyed . I'm fine with that as long as it balanced across the tracks then I'll just improve hopefully.....