Jump to content Jump to content

What was the purpose of the Beta programme?

I am seeing that the game has more bugs than last year's one. Some of the glitches are the same we had in the Beta... then what was the purpose of making a beta programme where you have to report bugs that never get fixed?

• Agree 7

I pointed this out about a month ago when the Youtubers started showing their own gameplay and they all start their video with 'this is an early build and things will get patched.' I called it out on this forum that they are all clearly told to say that and that nothing ever gets fixed. 

This year's game seems to have actually removed features that need to be re-added along side creating a raft of bugs and glitches. It's Codemasters all over. Recycled game produces the same problems. 

I'm sick of it. 

We deserve to be treated much better than this as we are the ones who buy and support the game every year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 8
20 minutes ago, Bauer said:

I pointed this out about a month ago when the Youtubers started showing their own gameplay and they all start their video with 'this is an early build and things will get patched.' I called it out on this forum that they are all clearly told to say that and that nothing ever gets fixed. 

This year's game seems to have actually removed features that need to be re-added along side creating a raft of bugs and glitches. It's Codemasters all over. Recycled game produces the same problems. 

I'm sick of it. 

We deserve to be treated much better than this as we are the ones who buy and support the game every year. 

It is not a bugs- it is a feature 🤪🤪😂😂😂😎👍

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, F1LPFM21 said:

I am seeing that the game has more bugs than last year's one. Some of the glitches are the same we had in the Beta... then what was the purpose of making a beta programme where you have to report bugs that never get fixed?

Hopefully it at least means that the devs started to work on solutions for some of them earlier but I agree with your main point and posted yesterday that a longer time period from the beta test to game launch would seem sensible to allow more issues raised to be resolved.

One of my biggest frustrations is that silly qualifying issue were the ai just slow right down to a near stop when you let them pass . Very frustrating for people like me who disable flashbacks as amount of times I've either had ai crash in to each other or me as some are on fast laps and others are almost at a crawl or I get grid penalty for causing collision because of it . Been in the game since at least 18 and pretty lazy and very poor for it to be still present . It not difficult to replicate to find the issue and fix ......

• Agree 2

One year of development is not enough. It's the same every year. The game is actually great, but it takes 2-3 months for the worst bugs to be fixed. It's even worse this year. The promised damage model has been reduced, the new tracks are not yet ready, etc. 

How hard is it to actually fix glitches and not just break S year after year? It’s crazy how video games have legacy glitches year in and year out and new/more stuff is broken when the game gets released. It’s like video games are just purely beta versions 100% of the year with no plan to actually eliminate the bugs and just keep introducing more. 

Think it widely accepted that this year has suffered massively due to a poor cheesy, predictable story that either most will play once , quit after few chapters or never even touch ie me ..   A lot of the issues with this game are old problems that either they haven't got the ability to fix or simply don't bother to . Been brought to there attention in forum for years but year after year still remains...... 

I think this years game has been severly impacted by Covid. So many bugs. I don't really understand why when you think codies would build upon last years code.

I've now had three races on the trot without Jeff being available or even having the radio button available to call to speak to him. 

In Austia, there was a ontrack incident where 8 cars where taken out. Unfortunately Race Director has been changed so it only focuses on your highlights post race so i have no idea what caused 8 cars to crash out simultaneously. 

In the same race Vettel took the lead then was disqualified a few laps later. I get around the corner and vettel is driving the wrong way up the track.

A few of the corners in austria (last one and first one) its utterly impossble to follow the AI closely. They are so fast its ridiculous.

My teammate came in for a pitstop put fresh Mediums on then proceeded to close a 8 second gap in a lap, past me and open a 8 second gap the lap after. Ok i was on Hards but the were only 30% worn. 

This was all in the same race which also had 6 safety cars.

LoL although that sounds completely broke and it not a good thing at all . Can't help but laugh at the complete disaster of a race that sounds like . I've only been doing few qualifying sessions trying to find my ai level at minute but by sounds of your experience I think I mite avoid racing until a few patches down the line. But yes Austria last 2 corner the ai are flying I loose over 5 tenths there in qualifying even on 98 difficulty which is a good few lower than I'm usually at .....

I'm tired of it too.  This game is in cyberpunk territory for me.  I can't finish most races without the game freezing and completely shutting down my console.  I can't load my game saves for My Team either.  So... what can I really do?  Play pointless grand prix and time trial sessions?   PS has had 1.04 to fix the game saves since early this week, still nothing on MS which tells me the update likely failed approval.   Honestly, I dont even know how this game passed QA testing to be released at this point.  Yet here we are... the consumers who paid $100 for a broken product that we cant use until they eventually get their stuff together and fix it.  It's a damn shame, but I know one thing... I won't be fooled next year.

23 hours ago, F1LPFM21 said:

Well, from my POV, the beta testers (i mean social media guys) mostly do laps around in time attack to be on the top of the leaderboard, other than that they don't do much, just say" it'll get patched out" but it isn't patched out and we need to wait couple of months to play the "patched" version which should be version 1.0 not 1.10 or 1.18

1 hour ago, ZtwoA said:

Well, from my POV, the beta testers (i mean social media guys) mostly do laps around in time attack to be on the top of the leaderboard, other than that they don't do much, 

That's not true at all. They were limited in what they were allowed to show but still absolutely shared career and GP mode content.

YouTubers aren't what was really being referred to as beta testers though. Rather the large number of people who took part in the closed beta.

17 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

That's not true at all. They were limited in what they were allowed to show but still absolutely shared career and GP mode content.

Yeah and I also think that they have played off-camera after they did the canonical 3 videos.

18 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

YouTubers aren't what was really being referred to as beta testers though. Rather the large number of people who took part in the closed beta.

Yes... imagine reporting glitches and bugs for 4 weeks and seeing them still in the full game. As I said, some bugs in the Beta were still there, at the game release (for example, cold engine when starting a flying lap or a race)

• Agree 1
27 minutes ago, F1LPFM21 said:

Yeah and I also think that they have played off-camera after they did the canonical 3 videos.

Oh yes definitely, they'll all have played loads more than the limited amount they were actually allowed to publish in videos. 

I still can’t get my head around the fact that the game is causing so many issues on XBOX. And this in no way meant to be funny as a PS fan, I seriously feel for all off you. Online is impossible, stuttering, XBOX SERIES X SHUTTING DOWN AND GETTING TOO HOT (i saw videos on Youtube where they try to overheat it by covering it up and stuff and even that never worked😱), just look at error reports. 

it is simply disgusting that they released it on Xbox in this state, and more than a week later STILL zero feedback. It’s shameless and so extremely disrepectfull to all xbox players that you don’t even know how or what the status is about ALL these error reports. 

perhaps it will work to start mailing EA then, copy a link to this forum with all the complaining and error reports and how CM is leaving you in the dark? Make EA aware what kind of people work at the F1 part of CM and make them aware that they need, no MUST intervene and take action (if not fire people) because on the end THIS will find it’s way and reflect on EA since they are the main bosses now. And looking at all the bad advertising they already had, they’re not waiting for more? 

CM thinks they can just keep doing what they want? FINE! Play it just as hard and EVERYONE WITH XBOX start mailing and complaining together, so many people that EA CAN’T miss it nor ignore it. And the more do it, the more effective it will be.

Maybe the takeover is a good thing, so someone can finally clean up CM and get rid of the “rotten apples” 

but you all need to tune it in together so all the mails come in at once like an avalanche which they can’t run away from.

Edited by AlexTT
6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

@AlexTT do you seriously think Codemasters are either unaware of the issues or doing nothing?

Do you seriously think that I am responding to that question? Just wait…. Juuuuust wait…… 

1 minute ago, AlexTT said:

Do you seriously think that I am responding to that question? Just wait…. Juuuuust wait…… 

And yet you did 😛.

(You're carrying on as if the answer is no when it's obvious this is not true.)

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

And yet you did 😛.

(You're carrying on as if the answer is no when it's obvious this is not true.)

I’m letting you find out the truth for yourself. Don’t say WE didn’t warn you. Like I said, I’m curious how you will think in 2 to 3 years after each release with the same bugs, glitches as the one before. You think didn’t they patch that last year? And so on and so on… and then it will all start getting clear. 

just wait. 

Just now, AlexTT said:

I’m letting you find out the truth for yourself. Don’t say WE didn’t warn you. Like I said, I’m curious how you will think in 2 to 3 years after each release with the same bugs, glitches as the one before. You think didn’t they patch that last year? And so on and so on… and then it will all start getting clear. 

just wait. 

We're not talking about long term unresolved more minor issues (which I'm well aware of) but the current issues that are making the game unplayable for some. 

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

We're not talking about long term unresolved more minor issues (which I'm well aware of) but the current issues that are making the game unplayable for some. 

Juuuuust wait….

1 small example, 2019 released with EXACTLY all the same bugs and ******** as 2017, while mr mather explicitly stated they worked on it for 2!!!! Years! It didn’t take long for people to realise it was a reskinned basics of 2017, some menu graphical updates, but ALL the bugs and glitches prepatched in 2017 were back. 

and this is just 1! Example. 

Did anyone really expect any different though? It's Codemasters we're talking about here. Lies come easy to those that work there. All these interviews with lee mather are cringefests where the lies are beyond measure and the actual issues don't get addressed at all. 

For me this game has 2 very big improvements over the last ones. Namely the new hud placement (which you couldn't change for spectators in last game). And the fastest lap/penalty banner for spectators. So credit where credit's due, the person who did those things is the only one at Codies that gets it. You're the real MPV, nameless hero. 

For the rest it's as bad as last year and then some. 
-League mode still unusable. (Because they really, really don't give a damn)
-That horrible 3 second screenfreeze at the start of one shot quali
-Lap 1 doesn't exist for spectators.. there are 2 lap 2's, and somewhere in the first lap (the first lap 2) the leaderboard gets messed up again as a rule
-Close finish the wrong person wins more often than not.
-There's engine sound issues where engine sound goes away except the turbo.  as well as the rpm glitch still (Which Lee Mather has already lied to us about twice that it was fixed according to him) 
-Safety cars get confused if the leaderboard glitches occur, as wel as when approaching the pitstraight (Because retired cars are there and sometimes they get listed p1 for a brief moment and the safety car suddenly thinks he doesn't have the leader behind him and tries to let everybody through. 
-Still nothing for the lobby host to do about the perpetual loading screen.
-Still no fix for the penalty system (with the default one you can do whatever the **** you want and with strict way too many races get killed by tires on lines. And the small track extentions that are so brief that you don't even have time to lift. Neither of the options are good for racing. If a fix for how warnings get calculated can't be done (And i think waiting a bit longer when you're back on track to calculate if we actually gained time would do the trick), then at least make it 3 warnings at a certain corner is a penalty, instead of 3 seperate extentions at 3 seperate corners in laps 2, 28, and 56..) 

And that is just the stuff we had in the first few 5 lappers and a test league race we did (which, btw, has made us conclude that this game is not yet ready to start leagues in, and probably never will.. Which is sad because there is a lot to love here. Actually a really fun game. But once again they couldn't be buggered to make it work well)

Apart from that there's not even the complete calendar. 
We did however get classic tracks again with the retro versions of australia and abu dhabi. So good to see they're exploring that again. 

4 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Did anyone really expect any different though? It's Codemasters we're talking about here. Lies come easy to those that work there. All these interviews with lee mather are cringefests where the lies are beyond measure and the actual issues don't get addressed at all. 

For me this game has 2 very big improvements over the last ones. Namely the new hud placement (which you couldn't change for spectators in last game). And the fastest lap/penalty banner for spectators. So credit where credit's due, the person who did those things is the only one at Codies that gets it. You're the real MPV, nameless hero. 

For the rest it's as bad as last year and then some. 
-League mode still unusable. (Because they really, really don't give a damn)
-That horrible 3 second screenfreeze at the start of one shot quali
-Lap 1 doesn't exist for spectators.. there are 2 lap 2's, and somewhere in the first lap (the first lap 2) the leaderboard gets messed up again as a rule
-Close finish the wrong person wins more often than not.
-There's engine sound issues where engine sound goes away except the turbo.  as well as the rpm glitch still (Which Lee Mather has already lied to us about twice that it was fixed according to him) 
-Safety cars get confused if the leaderboard glitches occur, as wel as when approaching the pitstraight (Because retired cars are there and sometimes they get listed p1 for a brief moment and the safety car suddenly thinks he doesn't have the leader behind him and tries to let everybody through. 
-Still nothing for the lobby host to do about the perpetual loading screen.
-Still no fix for the penalty system (with the default one you can do whatever the **** you want and with strict way too many races get killed by tires on lines. And the small track extentions that are so brief that you don't even have time to lift. Neither of the options are good for racing. If a fix for how warnings get calculated can't be done (And i think waiting a bit longer when you're back on track to calculate if we actually gained time would do the trick), then at least make it 3 warnings at a certain corner is a penalty, instead of 3 seperate extentions at 3 seperate corners in laps 2, 28, and 56..) 

And that is just the stuff we had in the first few 5 lappers and a test league race we did (which, btw, has made us conclude that this game is not yet ready to start leagues in, and probably never will.. Which is sad because there is a lot to love here. Actually a really fun game. But once again they couldn't be buggered to make it work well)

Apart from that there's not even the complete calendar. 
We did however get classic tracks again with the retro versions of australia and abu dhabi. So good to see they're exploring that again. 

Look at this! 😱 BRO! This is a familiar name😂 So you changed from defending CM to going to town on them?😉

How’s life bro?