Jump to content Jump to content

Polo WRX - Possible setup bug?

carlosDR

After extensively trying to sort out the strange understeer in our Polo on the basis of this setup:
http://pretendracecars.net/2015/08/28/the-ultimate-dirt-rally-rallycross-setup-is-here/ (and making it even more oversteery)
And having tested the WRX 208, which acts like I would expect from cars with WRX specs, I've come to the conclusion, that the Torque Bias setting in Viscous Differential has no effect. Because just for fun I have set the Bias fully to the front (in case the slider was accidentally inverted), but it made no difference at all. If any, the car is maybe even a bit less understeery, but that could also be placebo.

Can anyone countercheck the Bias slider please?
Maybe worth for the devs to check if the slider works as intended?

What really bugs me about the Polo, is that the car don't or to late reacts to throttle input. I can floor the throttle, but either the car continues to understeer or oversteer kicks in but only after 1 - 2 seconds later which results in fighting snap oversteer. I can catch the snap, but it just doesn't feel right, especially compared to the other WRX cars.
There was something with the 208 RX about its center differential - it either had one or didn't have one, can't remember which - but that's why it's so much easier to drive than .. say the Polo. The Polo is supposed to act like a pig's arse, drive it for long enough and you'll get used to it.

Archived