Jump to content Jump to content

Season 2 myteam AI Not developing r&d?

Hey all I thought I’d post this, 

Ive done my first season of 20 races in myteam and am up to season 2. However it looks like the ai aren’t developing at all/ much much slower than last season (look second photo). 

I’ve got all the settings on default. I hope this isn’t an error because that would really ruin it. image.thumb.jpg.b09083c2864cc02db08e29f481b88f01.jpg

image.jpg

Is it possible they're going all in on durability? I thought that durability upgrades didn't show up on the performance chart (but I might be crazy and/or thinking of an older edition).

Or is it possible that they know there are some new regs coming down the pike and they're protecting everything?

Not that those possibilities wouldn't be problems. It seems like it shouldn't be that way haha.

I'm in 2nd season and took a double whammy, regulation changes in two departments Durability and Powertrain at the same time. These were the 2 departments I heavily invested in Durability

because everything was wearing out so fast throughout the season and Powertrain just to be able to compete. Third department was Aero, thankfully changes didn't come to this department.

On a side note stay away from letting the practice program run the simulation because it will burn out your engine and all of its parts.

I got as high as 4th in the Vehicle Performance Comparison chart then plummeted down to and am now hovering to 7th.

Had the same problem in 2020. By the second half of the second season, I was dominating every other car on the grid - and I mean dominating - because they all seemed to plateau and stop developing. And I think I discovered why later in my driver career mode.

AI team's R&D is also dependent on the team investing in facilities to unlock spec 1-2-3 for each car part. For some weird reason, I was with Renault last year in Driver career, and for three season straight, Renault would not increase the Aero spec to 2 so I could unlock the rest of the parts. So I got to a point where I was bottlenecked in R&D because I was swimming in points, but they would not invest in the departments. Either they didn't at all invest their money, or they just dumped it in Marketing/Personnel (if AI teams have those). But I had tons of points I couldn't use. And then I understood why in season 2 of My Team why my car was improving so much compared to the other teams; they just won't upgrade their facilities so they bottleneck each other.

Glad to know this was copy-pasted from 2020 and not fixed at all. Can't wait for it to happen again. Thanks Codies.

4 hours ago, v12vanquish135 said:

Had the same problem in 2020. By the second half of the second season, I was dominating every other car on the grid - and I mean dominating - because they all seemed to plateau and stop developing. And I think I discovered why later in my driver career mode.

AI team's R&D is also dependent on the team investing in facilities to unlock spec 1-2-3 for each car part. For some weird reason, I was with Renault last year in Driver career, and for three season straight, Renault would not increase the Aero spec to 2 so I could unlock the rest of the parts. So I got to a point where I was bottlenecked in R&D because I was swimming in points, but they would not invest in the departments. Either they didn't at all invest their money, or they just dumped it in Marketing/Personnel (if AI teams have those). But I had tons of points I couldn't use. And then I understood why in season 2 of My Team why my car was improving so much compared to the other teams; they just won't upgrade their facilities so they bottleneck each other.

Glad to know this was copy-pasted from 2020 and not fixed at all. Can't wait for it to happen again. Thanks Codies.

Unfortunately we dont know how much Money they make, they spend in drivers and how it impacts in general, which gives me a feeling of they not have that even when we can technically can tweak those and its just random buildups. High cash might help a bit but i dont know how far.

Im playing with default AI and low RD and Money for me so I've yet to break past alpine in RD in season one and will keep watch at the next seasoN developments

UPDATE 

I think there’s an issue with the r&d chart itself?? I’m very good at Canada and France ie why I had good results however I’ve just qualifed p16 and my teammate p14 at Austria