Jump to content Jump to content

Releasing Unfinished Games

I have had enough. I've paid £75 for this game and can't even play it online like I should. The ranked lobbies are a joke same like 2020 game. First, every time I wanna join a session the game puts me in an empty room, then again, again, again.. empty room, 0 players. So I keep joining and leaving the sessions.. Then suddenly the game puts me in a session with other players ! Why it is always like that, many ppl play this brand new game and the game puts me always in empty rooms or in a room with 3, 4 !!! players ..and the worst, something is wrong with the new game.. When we finish a race and then go back into the lobby 60 - 70% of ppl in the room is kicked and when you press any button : blue screen. Almost every single time after a race I have to restart a £75 game because Im kicked and when Im not kicked at least half of the ppl I just raced with is kicked so the rest just leave the room. This is unacceptable. Im talking about Ranked Lobbies 5 lap distance on PS4. Come on guys. You sell a **** like this for £75 and you call yourself Codemasters. Shame. Same in the 2020 game was hard to be put in a session with other ppl. Always had to try many times until finally the game was able to place me in a session with other ppl. How am I suppose to enjoy it ?

Edited by RaphaelOne
spelling mistake
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 3

' set up server a server ' ...? What are you talking about ? I just try to join a Ranked Lobby and the game place me in an empty room, sometimes 10 times in a row and after that suddenly it finds me a session with other players. What is wrong with it, really. Is is so hard for the system online to find me a session with other people ?
It is so frustrating, 2020 was the same and in 2021 after coming back to the lobby half of people in being kicked and they have to restart the game. I have a video...

My multiplayer car is looking better than yours 🤨

Codemasters why the game place me in empty rooms many times in a row when the game is new and plenty of people play it daily .. WHY ????? There are sessions with some players playing and the game puts me in empty rooms. Sometimes it takes me 10 - 15 tries until I finally land in session with other players. 2020 was the same. What is going on ?

It happens cos there's a bug on PSN with players coming back to the lobby, 50% of times the game freezes and needs to be restarted (or crashes). It's been reported and CM have advised they're working on a fix for it, it was my bug report they responded to however it's been logged again several times since.  

I get it's a pain man, it means there's really not many people online at the moment (with that combined with the damage and ghosting being broken) but hopefully it means a fix is coming in the next patch. 

• Like 1

You' re telling to play the single player because ' online isn't working properly on console at the moment ' ...?  So I have paid £75 to play the single content because the online one ' isn't working properly ' ???? Is it a joke ?? Is there anyone from EA reading this right now ? I have been cheated, right in the ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
17 minutes ago, RaphaelOne said:

You' re telling to play the single player because ' online isn't working properly on console at the moment ' ...?  So I have paid £75 to play the single content because the online one ' isn't working properly ' ???? Is it a joke ?? Is there anyone from EA reading this right now ? I have been cheated, right in the ass.

I get that you're understandably annoyed but have you actually tried the solo options. You may be pleasantly surprised...

Does any game actually work  as it should day 1 or until few patches down the line . Not defending it by the way it totally should work but anybody who has bought games day 1 should know/expect to have issues especially online modes. I mean this game also has Solo mode issues but I expected that going in so I'm just doing time trial or qualifying sessions getting my ai level , improving set ups etc until few patches down the line and start career when imola and Algarve are in the game .

• Like 1

At least you can play it.  I can't load a my team save or finish most races without the game turning my XSX console off completely.   I don't play online at all because it flat out sucks racing with idiots.  So I'm stuck with a $100 game I can only run time trials and pointless GP sessions in.   How do you think I feel?

1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

Does any game actually work  as it should day 1 or until few patches down the line . Not defending it by the way it totally should work but anybody who has bought games day 1 should know/expect to have issues especially online modes. I mean this game also has Solo mode issues but I expected that going in so I'm just doing time trial or qualifying sessions getting my ai level , improving set ups etc until few patches down the line and start career when imola and Algarve are in the game .

No.   No.  and... NO!!!   We should NOT have to know or expect issues on day 1 when we buy a game.  Why on earth should you as a consumer by something and EXPECT something to be wrong with it?  That's the most ridiculous logic I've ever heard.  It's this exact attitude why we are in this position as consumers.  We let these big companies walk all over us and they've already got our money; nothing we can do about it.  That's not right.  We should not have to accept the fact there will be issues.  In part I know we do because it's technology and things happen and we all have a degree to which we are willing to tolerate it; but the current state of this game (especially for XSX) tells me it wasn't ready to see the light of day. Not even close and when you look at the bug section it's not just that way on Xbox.  That's not acceptable.  We shouldn't be paying to test the game for them; it is their job and their responsibility to release a product that works at the most basic levels; this one doesn't. 

There's ZERO reason why should know or expect to know when I bought this game that I won't be able to load a game save.  There is no excuse that will make that acceptable to me; NONE!   There's ZERO reason why this game should be completely shutting down my console and ZERO reason why I should know, or ought to have known it would when I bought it.  Yet, here I am closing in on two weeks after I got the game still dealing with those issues while they count my money.  The exact position you are presenting is exactly what got us to this point and that to me is unacceptable.  IMO in it's current state this game belongs on the shelf with cyberpunk and not in the store's right now and I'll be having that exact chat with MS, EA and maybe even F1 themselves if I can find a way to track them down on Monday.  I've had enough.  I'm out of patience.  I'm tired of the "we're looking into it" line when at least the game save issue has already been fixed on PS4/PS5 and PC.  To top that off... if the game is simply shutting my console off completely, what's it actually doing to my nice new expensive console?  

We should expect, and know to expect that?  Give me a break; that's ridiculous.  What I should expect when buying a product is that it works and I can at least use it; I shouldn't spend $100 on something and go well... "I hope it's ok.  Oh, shoot.. it doesn't work.  Oh well. It's complicated & at least they tried. I guess i'll just play the little part that works decently; at least until it turns off my console automatically for me anyways" 

🙄

• Agree 9
5 hours ago, petro1319 said:

No.   No.  and... NO!!!   We should NOT have to know or expect issues on day 1 when we buy a game.  Why on earth should you as a consumer by something and EXPECT something to be wrong with it? 

Experience. The point made above was just this and it's right. I certainly fully expected the new game to be buggy, although not as bad as it is.

I've posted this elsewhere but reducing the amount of pre-ordering feels like the only way consumers are really likely to make the games industry as a whole take more time to test and fix games ahead of launch.

(I did pre-order F1 2021 but a disc version of the standard game at 25% off full RRP. The game is working well enough for me that I don't personally regret this right now, on the assumption that the biggest current issues will be resolved, which I fully expect them to be.)

• Disagree 1

My opinion? You were not well informed. Not saying you should be well informed. I don't judge you for believing what marketing departments want to make you believe. 

I paid full price for a game that in my opinion is more finished than last year. Also I would never buy this game with the intention to enjoy a good online racing experiencing. The F1 series is a yearly game experience, so it's not a game you expect decades of development and delay after delay to finally push out the game like it should be just like they did with Cyberpunk 2077 (sarcasm)

Already 11 years I'm reading year after year how bad the online experience is. So to me buying an F1 game and complaining about online is a lack of research. Like I said before, you are not expected to do research on what you buy. But hey here you are. You have the game and now know it's contents so I would say: have a blast with single player. That's the mode why most people buy and love this game.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 1

Having tried to play ranked this morning and managed 2 races in over an hour, I agree this is not acceptable. Joining errors, getting kicked out of lobbies, the information being shown in the lobby is inaccurate. How this experience has gone backwards from F1 2020 (which wasn't great either) is beyond me, especially considering that F1 itself is showcasing eSports on this game and should be at the cutting edge of online racing experience.

I agree with him the game just came out unfinished again, it is advertised with 2 player career and on Xbox nothing runs at all, you can't even race online. No, it's not me, all other games run optimally and the NAT is also open.

41 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Already 11 years I'm reading year after year how bad the online experience is. So to me buying an F1 game and complaining about online is a lack of research.

It's not really the same thing, I get what you're saying but there's a difference between 'the online modes are not very well designed but I can live with it and find enjoyment and gaming challenge in it all the same', to the 'above is true but now it just does not even work as designed,' it's bugged to hell and needs patching, this should not be the case for a brand new full priced game. 

We should get at least the same experience as 2020, not a broken one, whatever the design flaws of it may be. 

• Agree 3

I didn't say it right or that I'm defending it now did I ? I simply said history of games on day 1 or first few months should of told you that it won't work properly and there will be bugs and issues. The f1 series is notorious for badly released games and they patch them up until the time line allows until they move on to the next year edition and the cycle repeat itself. Anybody who bought this or any game day 1 and expect it to work correctly is wishful  thinking. There enough evidence out there and history should of told you to either hold off for few months or buy it day 1 and expect problems. Is it right/acceptable? No . Was it always going to be the case ?. Absolutely ......

Have to admit that yes I did expect a few bugs and issues, BUT I definitely wasn’t expecting THIS many issues.  

To be honest I thought we’d have not much more than a re-skinned F1 2020 with the new story mode tacked on for the new game.  

I certainly don’t blame the developers themselves but as I’ve said elsewhere I really feel like the July release date this year was way too over ambitious given the obvious issues caused by covid. 

• Agree 1
32 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It's not really the same thing, I get what you're saying but there's a difference between 'the online modes are not very well designed but I can live with it and find enjoyment and gaming challenge in it all the same', to the 'above is true but now it just does not even work as designed,' it's bugged to hell and needs patching, this should not be the case for a brand new full priced game. 

We should get at least the same experience as 2020, not a broken one, whatever the design flaws of it may be. 

I haven't been online on in 2021, not even to try it out. But I'm not sure if what you are saying is correct because as I remember in 2020 online didn't work as well from the start. I tried it and I think I never have gotten an online race started. Never looked at online again. It's because of the 2020 experience that I started to consider F1 as a single player only game.

Not saying they should not fix the online experience and get it right from the start, but I have given up caring about F1 online

4 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I haven't been online on in 2021, not even to try it out. But I'm not sure if what you are saying is correct because as I remember in 2020 online didn't work as well from the start. I tried it and I think I never have gotten an online race started. Never looked at online again. It's because of the 2020 experience that I started to consider F1 as a single player only game.

Not saying they should not fix the online experience and get it right from the start, but I have given up caring about F1 online

This is the exact same approach I took.  I'd never really used online after F1 2012, and went single-player only, but thought i'd give it a go last year and the experience wasn't great. So I spent the whole F1 2020 iteration just ignoring the online part.  

Obviously i'm not suggesting they bin off Online as it's some people core gameplay mode but if they did then the single player mode would be amazing with all the extra time they could focus on it.    I had intended to hold off giving online a go this year until it's working as it is supposed to so the first experience i'll have of it is more positive and I may be more inclined to give it a chance but, from general feedback, it seems to be worse than last year. 

2 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Obviously i'm not suggesting they bin off Online as it's some people core gameplay mode but if they did then the single player mode would be amazing with all the extra time they could focus on it.    

I often wonder over their claimed gameplay numbers that show the majority of players play offline, if that's because the online modes aren't particularly well designed and those who do play it accept a lot of this to find the experience we enjoy, a lot of players would likely play more online if more effort went into it. 

So on the flipside, they should bin off the single player and invest all those resources into the multiplayer modes,  and release is as F1 sport, online only. 

Hell, COD allows you to delete the single player experience if you don't want it. 

Just now, KNT2011 said:

I often wonder over their claimed gameplay numbers that show the majority of players play offline, if that's because the online modes aren't particularly well designed and those who do play it accept a lot of this to find the experience we enjoy, a lot of players would likely play more online if more effort went into it. 

So on the flipside, they should bin off the single player and invest all those resources into the multiplayer modes,  and release is as F1 sport, online only. 

Hell, COD allows you to delete the single player experience if you don't want it. 

It's a fair evaluation!   If you're attempting two modes and neither of them are working optimally then it's only logical to focus on one and then bring the other in afterwards!   That would go down like a lead balloon though and they'd lose so many from their fanbase 😂   

I would definitely prefer Online if the experiences i'd had were more positive.  I'm completely open to giving it another go this year but when it's actually working as designed.    I'd hate if they had to sacrifice single player experience for that though. 

Although, wouldn't have to worry as much about licensing and realistic performance/tracks if you're going online only as you wouldn't be the official F1 game anymore.  That'd trim down these forums exponentially when nobody can complain about it not matching the real life season...