DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preparing for Finland

Or at least a dozen of new cars xD

...what about a teaser? I´m sure there will be a video teaser!

Job3k said:
Can we have atleast one sneek peak of finland in dirt rally? I mean screen or something :) @KickUp 
They posted a live video feed of @KickUp recording the co driver audio for Finland a while back

Job3k said:
Can we have atleast one sneek peak of finland in dirt rally? I mean screen or something :) @KickUp 
They posted a live video feed of @KickUp recording the co driver audio for Finland a while back
I know but this is so old, You practically See nothing and it was bad quality. I Want something up to date, not finland v 0.2 

Nothing like a teaser screen-shot to get the whole world talking!!! 

Informative, up to date, high def. That's not in the spirit of D:R Early Access. If you joined the site expecting actual, useful information about upcoming stuff, you are going to be disappointed.

Hints, speculation, unconfirmed rumours, maybes and a timeline without actual dates. That's D:R Early Access. No high def footage until it's available for download. They didn't even announce the game was being made until they had released it on Steam. No fanfare, no adverts, just a tiny little one line post from @justbiglee saying 'Oh by the way, DiRT Rally is available on Steam. Have fun.  ;) )

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/203/dirty-gossip-thread/p1 <--- This thread is the DiRT Rally way.

...and everyone that's eagerly awaiting Ouninpohja in D:R this week, have ended up dusting off their old RBR disc, just like the thread OP   lol

If anyone cares, I'm sure we all know the 555 gets authentic engine audio in this update.
I know know there is another authentic engine recording in the update as well.  
From my tweeting, it should be. New car, but not the RS Focus, but that doesn't men the focus won't be in, just not authentically recorded aound.

Could have recorded the 01 wrx, but, hmm, I dunno.

Achievements have been added (not titled yet), Finland is coming soon..  Friday release!!!!  Please!!

meerkat80 said:
And no official skins I guess (even if Ford is a partner).

EDIT:
I wonder if will be a "remaster" of the Finland stages from Dirt 3. 
Probably depends on what you mean by official. The Rally Cross Subaru certainly has a real and official livery.
I believe the main reason the 555 doesn't have it's official WRC livery is because of the connection to State Express 555 cigarettes, even the censored version.

That's why there will never be Martini either, it's alcohol advertising. Even the official F1 games don't have the Martini logo for the Williams cars.
It's the main reason why Martini push the brand as more than just booze with its clothing lines, etc. So they can try to legitimately say they are advertising those rather than the drinks.
Ford do however have a few 'backup' official liveries for the old Focus WRC which they themselves have complete control over. Gran Turismo 2 onwards had the Focus, but never with Martini.

If those even are the cars of course, though the old Focus was more or less confirmed ages ago for appearing at some point IMO with the photo of the old CMR2 recording session, but with the DiRT Rally logo on it. It was surprisingly unsubtle.

A good Suspension and springs setup will be key at Finland.

No I´m trying to figure out how to combine values to get "soft" landings without rebounds and at the same time get it stiff enough to take turns properly...

There isn't much one can do to prepare what is coming with Finland!

Maybe, in hindsight I wish I worked out more on my gluteus maximum muscles (buttcheeks), because I find myself clenching them most of the time....

Just release it today, give us the weekend with it.  If it breaks, we'll patch it an move on!! :)