DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preparing for Finland

KevM said:
Just release it today, give us the weekend with it.  If it breaks, we'll patch it an move on!! :)
+1 million!  Give us the weekend to play it and then you'll have a nice list of bugs on Monday!  ;)

Am I the only one crazy enough to be holding out for a RWD update including some of the old Porsche rally cars?  Or even the new ones since theyre apparently back at it after all these years?  Those cars were amazing in their day.  And I know Porsche licensing is all dumb and crazy, but I heard from a few sources that theyre finally starting to lighten up about it a bit.  Just a dream though, really lol.

@cosmicamnesia I know our french friend Backalley would love to see Porsches in-game as well! Personally I don't care if they come or not, it'd be cool if they were to be added though as they do have some extraordinary rally cars.

@cosmicamnesia I know our french friend Backalley would love to see Porsches in-game as well! Personally I don't care if they come or not, it'd be cool if they were to be added though as they do have some extraordinary rally cars.
959 for Group B would be awesome, along wirh some 911s and 924/944s for 70s and 80s

I am not a die-hard Porsche fan but given their slightly unconventional weight and power distribution I think that they would add a lot of depth to the gameplay and show off the game's physics particularly well. Of all the brands to add I would have to say Porsche brings the most interesting cars to compliment what we already have. 

I am NOT shutting my PC off tomorrow.  My plan of getting blackout drunk this weekend has made it fly by, I'm ready for Finland!!!  As soon as I get off work it will be ready to go and I can't f'n wait!!

Who said the update was coming today though? 

May be we deliberately found some bugs over the weekend that need fixing before the update can be released. 

Who said the update was coming today though? 

May be we deliberately found some bugs over the weekend that need fixing before the update can be released. 
Just gonna say, B1tch :neutral:  .  no attitude with that ;)

some Entertainment for the waiting hours before finland update.
this stage is Not finland but some sections could be,  almost :)
As the Waldviertel Rallye is one of the big national events here in Austria, take a look at Austrian Rally Champion Beppo Harrach reaching about 200 km/h+ on a tight forest gravel section in his Mitsubishi Evo 9 R4.
(The stage section is called "little finland" by austrian fans though  ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fugXD_cL7Ck

Porsche Porsche Porsche...  The only iconic Porsche rally car was the Rothmans 911.  Its a waste of a Manufacturers license.

I have no love for Mitsubishi, but the guys time would be better spent chasing them and the likes of Peugeot/Citroen for license than the Porsche dinosaur! 

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/648416192294744064?s=09 
That means not today i guess

meerkat80 said:
Definitely not today said Coleman in his last tweet.
 That tweet is sooo the 26th of September  meerkat80 !!  Ha!!