DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preparing for Finland

River Severn Valley is my favourite stage so far. Madness. Suicide.
When I ride this in Peugeot 205 T16, I quickly run out of pants in my house

Klogg4 said:
River Severn Valley is my favourite stage so far. Madness. Suicide.
When I ride this in Peugeot 205 T16, I quickly run out of pants in my house
Riding the Pug is scary in each and every stage....

Be quite funny if we've bigged it up so much in our heads that it's 'just OK' when it finally comes!  That would be a tragedy.... lol

In fact not really. 205 is awfully fast but also very controllable to me. You don't even need to build any strategies to pass corners, just turn the wheel and floor out. It doesn't even need to be Scandinavian flicked a lot, comparing to Delta S4 for example. To me it's the best car in game.

And on River Severn Valley you just get the fact that you move 210-220 kmh. And it's terrific

Klogg4 said:
In fact not really. 205 is awfully fast but also very controllable to me. You don't even need to build any strategies to pass corners, just turn the wheel and floor out. It doesn't even need to be Scandinavian flicked a lot, comparing to Delta S4 for example. To me it's the best car in game.

And on River Severn Valley you just get the fact that you move 210-220 kmh. And it's terrific
More if you sorten the final ratio in gearbox; that provides a "stupid" acceleration over this car. But regular brakes are just not enough on this car xD

Dunno, for me stock settings are good on 205 T16. I don't really like tuning cars, so Peugeot is a nice surprise to me, it's well balanced out of a box, and I get 210 km/h on the first section of River Severn Valley/Fferm Wynt without any problems. It handles long gears like a charm, torque bias ratio is excellent, easy to slide and keep it stable at the same time. I love this car  =)) Brakes are good btw, I often realize that I brake earlier than I need after riding Subaru for example.

****, a 959, that would be insane in virtually every condition.  There's actually a real 959 sitting at this shop about a block from my house, all stripped of paint and sad looking, but apparently it still runs fantastically.  I guess they're gonna rebuild it as the suspension is pretty screwed, among some other things that tend to happen when a 25 year old Porsche supercar is left unmaintained in Napa County, CA.  Anyways, I'm glad you guys get it.  I do really believe that DR's engine would be fabulous for some Porsches, and as @WasabiWei ;said, their unconventional setups would certainly add that extra layer of depth and magic to the game.  What about hitting up Ruf and getting them in on making Psuedo versions of all the aforementioned Porsches, but as Ruf would have designed them for a rally stage had they done that?  That could be pretty awesome, cause Ruf is about twice as mad and crazy as Porsche AND most importantly, I've never heard of a game NOT being able to get Ruf licensing.  PCars has some exclusive cars from them, but they're also featured in just about every other racing game to have come out in recent years.  And above all, my god, could you imagine an RGT8 rally car or a Yellowbird rally car?

Yes, its his birthday, BUT he could have given a mid-day heads-up to a lot of people not to be wasting their day checking for something that he knew wasn't going to come.

Maybe, or someone could have, it harks back to the earlier comment of how it's slightly weird just how quiet it's been today, anyone see a tweet from dirtgame today at all?

Maybe, or someone could have, it harks back to the earlier comment of how it's slightly weird just how quiet it's been today, anyone see a tweet from dirtgame today at all?
My hope is they were too busy putting the final touches on the update for a release tomorrow.  I have been waiting for this update for months, and the last couple days have been excruciating waiting for it - but -  I know they are working hard to get it out asap so keep up the good work boys.