Jump to content Jump to content

Flashback after crash results in Jeff's "Looks like there's debris" line.

Hendrycks

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • I'm learning to play with no assists on which results in a lot of Flashbacks. Whenever I crash with a result of adding debris to the track, after flashing back to before the damage was done, Jeff says his "Looks like there's been an incident on track, resulting in debris, etc, etc" as if someone else crashed and that the debris exists post-crash.
  • Platform?
    • Steam
  • Game-mode?
    • My Team
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • Only thing I've tried is that it seems that every crash, no matter how severe after a flashback, if debris was involved, Jeff will tell me about it after reverting the crash.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Crash where there's ANY debris on the track, then flashback to BEFORE the crash happened, therefore reverting the debris/damage, and Jeff will think it still has debris on the track.

Not major but a minor bug that I wanted to bring up as I find it hilarious.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Hendrycks said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.
    • I'm learning to play with no assists on which results in a lot of Flashbacks. Whenever I crash with a result of adding debris to the track, after flashing back to before the damage was done, Jeff says his "Looks like there's been an incident on track, resulting in debris, etc, etc" as if someone else crashed and that the debris exists post-crash.
  • Platform?
    • Steam
  • Game-mode?
    • My Team
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • Only thing I've tried is that it seems that every crash, no matter how severe after a flashback, if debris was involved, Jeff will tell me about it after reverting the crash.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Crash where there's ANY debris on the track, then flashback to BEFORE the crash happened, therefore reverting the debris/damage, and Jeff will think it still has debris on the track.

Not major but a minor bug that I wanted to bring up as I find it hilarious.

Happens in races as well in 2020 and 2021. If you end up using flashback due to a crash, later in interviews your asked if you were lucky not to end the race with that crash, yet if you check the race director, there’s no events due to the flashback.

I think the crash is still recorded post the flashback. Meaning actually it is a bug as if you wipe your slate clean, should be no record 🙂