Jump to content Jump to content

My biggest complaint I have is AI pit strategy. 

I wish the AI would vary there pit strategy. I especially notice it in 25% races. I can pit 2 or even 3 laps earlier than suggested and jump a couple cars easily due to how powerful the under cut is. I wish the AI would try to implement this as it would give some variation to the races instead of everyone pitting on the same 2 laps.

Edited by Cook95
Misspelled word

Words like undercut and overcut dont exist in codies F1 games. The strategy aspect has not been worked on for years. You still get AI doing really stupid stuff like waiting for the lap the safety car is coming in to do their pit stop.

95% of the time if you do a stop less that the AI you'll finish much higher in the GP. "Strategy" is one of those core features that all of us would like codies to work on and improve.

Edited by dino78

Completely second, or third (as Dino78 got there first) this. 

They literally have no flexibility in their strategy as, say you have a 100% race of 50 laps and they're supposed to pit on lap20, then they will pit on lap 20, regardless of whether you also pitted lap 20 and then they'll stack up behind you.  They can be stuck behind a slower car and they'll pit on the same lap and be stuck behind them again. Rain could be trickling down and if they held off for 1-2 more laps then intermediates could work but they'll pit that lap and then the lap after to change to inters. 

Sometimes you do get different strategies from the start. Like they'll start on mediums or hards but as soon as the race begins, they're boxed in to what they intended to do, usually. 

AI behaviour on-track has improved this year so i'm optimistic this will be resolved within a year or two. 

Agree with this they never do a Sainz in Austria an go super long then are super fast at the end, never happens 

2 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Completely second, or third (as Dino78 got there first) this. 

They literally have no flexibility in their strategy as, say you have a 100% race of 50 laps and they're supposed to pit on lap20, then they will pit on lap 20, regardless of whether you also pitted lap 20 and then they'll stack up behind you.  They can be stuck behind a slower car and they'll pit on the same lap and be stuck behind them again. Rain could be trickling down and if they held off for 1-2 more laps then intermediates could work but they'll pit that lap and then the lap after to change to inters. 

Sometimes you do get different strategies from the start. Like they'll start on mediums or hards but as soon as the race begins, they're boxed in to what they intended to do, usually. 

AI behaviour on-track has improved this year so i'm optimistic this will be resolved within a year or two.