Jump to content Jump to content

Getting League results

arby100

Once a league is completed- as fas as i can tell there is no way to see the individual stage times- is this right? If so, would anyone want the feature there?
An example is the current 128 league; event 2 finished a few hours ago but now you can't access the stage times, the only stages selectable to view are for the 'current event'.
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/33/dirt
There is way, but you have to know eventId and do bit of digging.

I really hope Codemasters will make their leaderboard API partialy public with access based on api key or something like that.
I am maintaining leaderboards of our DiRT Rally steam group and even with all automatization I could do, it is still  bit of pain...
Yeah, I'm not sure what harm there could be in just releasing the raw data- it would surely only be used to benefit the community further.

As for any scripts you have to extract the data- don't suppose you'd have anything to hand would you?! :) 
griev0r said:
No, you only get overall time not individual stage times, unfortunately.  My league admin has found a way to get them but he has to do it before the event ends or they are gone forever.  Think he uses some kind of script to do it, dunno.
I copy and paste each stage into a text editor by hand, then use a small .NET program I wrote to calculate individual stage times, changes in position, etc. Using the web calls would be way better, but I went for the quick and dirty route.

I keep meaning to release it publicly, but I put zero error checking in it and it is not robust in the slightest. I don't really want to polish, document and support it :smile: 
Haha, yeah, I've just made a process that does the same thing- not sure it's ready for the world yet though! I was just worried about missing the stage times at the end of the league so was hoping there was an automated way to grab them. Hopefully it's made so that the league results can be downloaded, at least by the league admin.
arby100 said:
Yeah, I'm not sure what harm there could be in just releasing the raw data- it would surely only be used to benefit the community further.

As for any scripts you have to extract the data- don't suppose you'd have anything to hand would you?! :) 
If you know how to run PHP script :wink: ...
Small update, looks like 24hrs after event ends, results are gone :disappointed: 

Archived