Jump to content Jump to content

What are your real cars?

JZStudios

I've gone for probably the best and purest hot hatch to date: Ford Fiesta ST.
I enjoy every single second driving it. Turning off the traction control and having some fun along the way. If you drive a bit too fast on roundabouts, the back steps out yet it's so easy to control so nothing goes horribly wrong.
I did testdrives with the 208 GTI and the Clio RS but none of those came close to the Fiesta ST.

The last couple of generations of Fiesta ST have had nothing but praise, I would say you made a good choice! 

My weekend toy:

tbtstt said:
I've gone for probably the best and purest hot hatch to date: Ford Fiesta ST.
I enjoy every single second driving it. Turning off the traction control and having some fun along the way. If you drive a bit too fast on roundabouts, the back steps out yet it's so easy to control so nothing goes horribly wrong.
I did testdrives with the 208 GTI and the Clio RS but none of those came close to the Fiesta ST.

The last couple of generations of Fiesta ST have had nothing but praise, I would say you made a good choice! 

My weekend toy:

I love the Imprezas as well and not just by looking at them but by actually driving one.
My previous car was just like this one but with the glorious golden wheels.

Man that car pulled off the line quickly and the sound of that boxer engine was just phenominal.
The day I had to let it go was a sad day for me. The engine gave in after more than 280.000 km.
2009 Honda Fit Sport. If I call it a GE8 I can pretend it's an Impreza. We might trade it in for a 2016 Fit EX shortly.

My dream car would be a 22B (even though it goes against my hatchback-is-the-answer-to-everything belief, it's just that nice).

If I win the lottery and have a mid-life crisis at the same time, I'm getting a Morgan 3 Wheeler.
  • 3 weeks later...
Another one of the Supra & Celica, funny to think they're almost the same size, you may have thought the Supra was bigger than the Celica:

That is surprising! I've always assumed the Supra was a much bigger car: just shows how much weight modern cars have put on...

...oh, and love the Foz. Nice to see you got one in the fastest colour as well.  ;)

*hides* I really dont own a car, but that is our family car that I drive. Friend has a '03 subaru impreza wrx though, so i try to get as many rides from him as possible :D This weekend we are going to watch rally nearby here, he's driving  B)

edit: Found a pic of same friends kadett that we both used to learn to drive.. Had it at a gravel circuit that real rally cars come to test their setups etc. (this was not of my doing :D)

tbtstt said:
Another one of the Supra & Celica, funny to think they're almost the same size, you may have thought the Supra was bigger than the Celica:
That is surprising! I've always assumed the Supra was a much bigger car: just shows how much weight modern cars have put on...

...oh, and love the Foz. Nice to see you got one in the fastest colour as well.  ;)
I think it says more about the Supra being smaller than the Celica being bigger. Impreza sedans are a bit longer than both!
The Supra started life as a version of the Celica, so makes sense when you think about it.
It's probably seeing the likes of the JGTC cars like the famous Castrol Tom's Supra, which is a bit wider, very low to the ground and a big wing, that make it look more like a big grand tourer.
(on a different note, I'm sorry, but I still laugh when I hear how most Americans pronounce Celica)
enamel said:
As do we when brits fumble their way thru "aluminum". :smile:

Americans use English rules when pronouncing the 'i', not Spanish/Italian/French rules. Si?
Ah but you see, we also spell it differently. Aluminium with the extra i. That's why. :smiley: 
Same as other elements like Titanium and Beryllium.

Anyway, 'Celica' comes from Japan and was meant to be derived from "sleek". Seh-leek-ah. Feels like its got meaning.
Words like that I have always tried to say like their country of origin. Like Porsche.
All by the by though.

Ultra4/King Of The Hammers car we built back in 2012. 40" tires, fox 3.0 triple bypass shocks, rear engine 734hp LS motor. 100mph over 3' whoops on 10' centers. \m/

(im about to loose my mind with this picture thing...can't get picture to embed -_- im sorry for the spam)

Ultra4/King Of The Hammers car we built back in 2012. 40" tires, fox 3.0 triple bypass shocks, rear engine 734hp LS motor. 100mph over 3' whoops on 10' centers. \m/ Well...I'm trying to post a picture...but this forums software is weird. :O
Here's us competing in the Scottish Rally Championship :)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10177875_10202787949166994_7978518340747317162_n.jpg?oh=36930c63441784c3a2f7286e2d665e85&oe=568AFFF8

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205349022623471&set=a.2937719120463.151669.1185688331&type=3&theater

I just got with my two best friends a 92' Subaru Legacy Turbo for some weekend fun at the track. I used to drive Impreza GC8 couple years ago and I missed Subaru sound ;-) We have to put a little work into the body and brakes, but it should be a lot of fun. The rear differential is locked so it's quite fun to drive. It should be ready for spin in a couple weeks.

Weight is reduced but taking out most of the stuff from inside, also ABS and AC is out as well. Gearbox is short 5MT from Japanese version, and there is also Japanese ECU which slightly increase power output by allowing turbo to raise the boost pressure.

Archived